Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Civil Servants not get their wages this morning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Rabbo wrote: »
    Pfft, typical of civil servants to moan when there pay is just a few hours late.
    Try working for yourself in the real world where you only get paid if cheques come in the door!!

Ah yes, this old chestnut.

I think I'll stay in my dream world and meet Katie Perry on that cloud for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

BOI outsourced this work

Are they like RBC and sending jobs to India?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Still no wages this morning any word on that yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

ameee wrote: »
    I heard Richie Boucher on the radio this morning saying that the wages would be in today.

See also here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Vojera wrote: »
    I heard Richie Boucher on the radio this morning saying that the wages would be in today.

See also here.

I heard Richie Boucher on the radio this morning saying that HIS wages would be in today.

Fixed post for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ameee wrote: »

wait until the clock hits 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right you all paid now? Good now get the **** back to taking your hour long coffee breaks, finishing at 2 on a friday and taking your ungodly amount of sick and holiday days while the rest of us private sector chumps have to actually worry about job security

VinLieger wrote: »
    Right you all paid now? Good now get the **** back to taking your hour long coffee breaks, finishing at 2 on a friday and taking your ungodly amount of sick and holiday days while the rest of us private sector chumps have to actually worry about job security

speak for yourself, i know of private sector chumps who take hour long lunches and finish at 3 on a friday!

hoodwinked wrote: »
    speak for yourself, i know of private sector chumps who take hour long lunches and finish at 3 on a friday!

Ahh but my taxes aren't paying them so why would I care?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

20 Minute Tea Break a day
    Finish at 6 on a Friday
    Have taken 3 sick days in 3 years. Hardly ungodly in fairness
    25 Annual Leave days a year (that is after 3 promotions)

Just putting that out there as a CS. I would LOVE to finish at 2pm :):) Never happened in my 21 years working in the CS though. Well unless I took annual leave that is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

To all the people who wonder how someone can't last one day without their salary, my wife (who didn't get paid) had to sub a number of her junior colleagues.

There are a lot of people in this country living hand to mouth where one little shock like this can push them over the edge.

Ahh but my taxes aren't paying them so why would I care?

how do you know your taxes are paying for these civil servants specifically? maybe the taxes you pay go elsewhere.

how do you know your taxes are paying for these civil servants specifically? maybe the taxes you pay go elsewhere.

It all goes into one big pot, taxes paid for specific purposes do not actually go directly to those purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

mikemac1 wrote: »
    BOI outsourced this work

Are they like RBC and sending jobs to India?
    Outsourced to Accenture apparently - the cream of the private sector, ya know, the smart ones, the clever ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

those are mostly gps or solicitors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Phoebas wrote: »
    You'd have done a pretty poor job throughout your career to retire on a pensionable salary of only 25k.

You'd pretty much have to have been passed over for promotion for 40 years and have been refused every increment. Anyone who retires from a public service job on a pension of 12.5k should have been sacked decades ago.

If you had 20 years at 50k you would get a pension of 12.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Godge wrote: »
    If you had 20 years at 50k you would get a pension of 12.5k.

Incorrect.

It would take you 40 years of wages at 50k to get a pension of circa €12.5k from your Civil Service pension.

As I've said already bar the highest earners in the CS the gold plated pensions tag so loved by the media is a myth.

My pension pot would be far higher if I was allowed opt out of my pension contributions and take control of it myself. Now if CS pensions were not self funding (and more), if they were a drag on public purse then surely there'd be an opt out?

The truth is far more is taken in through the Pension Levy than is paid out on PS pensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Incorrect.

It would take you 40 years of wages at 50k to get a pension of circa €12.5k from your Civil Service pension.

As I've said already bar the highest earners in the CS the gold plated pensions tag so loved by the media is a myth.

My pension pot would be far higher if I was allowed opt out of my pension contributions and take control of it myself. Now if CS pensions were not self funding (and more), if they were a drag on public purse then surely there'd be an opt out?

The truth is far more is taken in through the Pension Levy than is paid out on PS pensions.

There's no point trying to argue this. People make up their minds based on ridiculous claims in the likes of the Indo with no supporting figures at all.

Looks like there's issues regarding non-payment of wages again this morning.

I'm hearing of another problem within banks leading to people not getting paid.

EDIT- Just checked my own bank account and I haven't been paid, I'm with Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Looks like there's issues regarding non-payment of wages again this morning.

I'm hearing of another problem within banks leading to people not getting paid.

EDIT- Just checked my own bank account and I haven't been paid, I'm with Bank of Ireland.

The plane from germany was late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Any of our staff with BOI haven't received their salaries yet today.
    All staff with other banks have.

Our bank account is currently with BOI, and the salaries payment hasn't been deducted either.

Spoke to our contact in Bank of Ireland Corporate, and they told us that all transfers/payments have been processed through the Irish and European clearing systems, it's BOI's internal systems are struggling to apply payment to the individual BOI accounts.

They've promised it'll be resolved today - but we've heard that from them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I hear they've started paying on performance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ohh boo hoo overpaid civil servants not getting there 10k monthly paychecks for "working" 25 hours a week + 2 months holidays a year ...

boo f*cking hoo ...

Looks like EBS customers are affected as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭omega man

the_monkey wrote: »
    ohh boo hoo overpaid civil servants not getting there 10k monthly paychecks for "working" 25 hours a week + 2 months holidays a year ...

boo f*cking hoo ...

What a stupid post.

In fairness though why in Christ is there a thread on this "issue" in the first place....

omega man wrote: »
    What a stupid post.

In fairness though why in Christ is there a thread on this "issue" in the first place....

Stupid issue needs stupid response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Stupid issue needs stupid response.

It might be a stupid issue for someone living it up in Spain but for those of us who work from pay cheque to pay cheque, delays can be costly and very inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭blackwhite

boo f*cking hoo ...

Not just civil servants affected - anyone who banks with BOI.

It might be a stupid issue for someone living it up in Spain but for those of us who work from pay cheque to pay cheque, delays can be costly and very inconvenient.

Im not living it up here, wages are quite poor here and there is no help for people with children.

We get by.

• Advertisement

boo f*cking hoo ...

I know I shouldn't but...

Less than 1% of Civil Servants get the pay you've outlined above.

The working day of a Civil Servant is 9am - 5:45pm. Many people (especially higher paid) work faaaaaaar longer hours.

No Civil Servants get that amount of holidays.

Put down the Irish Independent and open your mind.

Advertisement