Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Civil Servants not get their wages this morning?

Options

Comments

SEPA is always messed up on bank holiday weekend paydays.

Thought the system was meant to make things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm with PTSB, public sector and my pay was in this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Specialun wrote: »
    does this mean that civil servants are going o do less today??

Not sure that's even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Bank of Ireland credit files failed last night so all being run again. Civil Sevice/eircom Salaries should be in later today !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

No pay from an post :(

• Advertisement

No pay from an post :(

Now you should definitely be working at this time in the morning, mrs postie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

jd wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland credit files failed last night so all being run again. Civil Sevice/eircom Salaries should be in later today !

Who is your source good man?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Yep. Less spending. I'm on my 2 month break so had a great day planned.

You are on a f#cking 2 month break AND getting paid? This is incredible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Can't just be Bank of Ireland. I'm with Ulster bank - due to get paid last night. Didn't get paid yet. It's normally always in on the dot at the same time on a Wednesday night.

myshirt wrote: »
    You are on a f#cking 2 month break AND getting paid? This is incredible!

I know it's awesome! Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Who is your source good man?
    Someone who talked to a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Who thought it was a good idea posting this in AHs. Its like asking to be ridiculed...

How come I'm with Ulster Bank and didn't get paid either? Seems to bigger than Bank of Ireland's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Before nine in the morning?
    Unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Can't just be Bank of Ireland. I'm with Ulster bank - due to get paid last night. Didn't get paid yet. It's normally always in on the dot at the same time on a Wednesday night.

Yeah, but which bank is the money coming from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D
    I am an uncivil civil servant and I've been paid! :cool:

Is that you Brian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yep. Less spending. I'm on my 2 month break so had a great day planned.
    Ah jaysus, you've two months of a break at least take the weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It doesn't always need to be an issue with your bank, that prevents money being transferred into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Is this an issue on the banks side? im AIB, and due to this "error" my standing order for rent wasnt paid and i was charged €10. Im presuming if its the banks fault they will refund this? No problems with charging fees on customers accounts it seems. Jerks.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, you've two months of a break at least take the weekend.

One day at a time !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Would it have anything to do with this new SEPA setup that came in lately? If so, if you're money hither to arrived sometime in the wee hours of payday, it'll now arrive most probably in the afternoon.

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Is this an issue on the banks side? im AIB, and due to this "error" my standing order for rent wasnt paid and i was charged €10. Im presuming if its the banks fault they will refund this? No problems with charging fees on customers accounts it seems. Jerks.

Seemingly boi pay civil service wages, so it would be an error on their side, not aibs (if that is in fact true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Im in charge of all civil servants and Ill be contacting all those who didn't get paid later on ,

I'd also like know why they are looking at boards and checking bank accounts during the day and also Ill be identifying the individual who keeps looking at big boob enthusiasts online all day while apparently working.

Yeh, but what are you going to do about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Like almost every big system rollout it seems that SEPA just wasn't fully trouble-shot before it was rolled out. Strange that payments going into people's accounts seem to be the ones that always get delayed but payments going out seem to work like clockwork.

Yeah, but which bank is the money coming from?

Aha! Thank you, that made sense, just checked and yes my employer is indeed Bank of Ireland. So it looks to be BoI. I wonder what failed and how it came about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

:confused: Its thursday morning. Don't we pay our servants thursday night/friday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

2 stroke wrote: »
    :confused: Its thursday morning. Don't we pay our servants thursday night/friday morning?

It's also the last day of the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

My Bank is PTSB and I got no wages either. I think all Government Dept bank with BOI. The swines. How I am going to buy my foie gras for morning break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Last day of month. Like most salaried workers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Weekly paid staff get their wages on a Thursday night/Fri morning. Fortnightly get theirs a day earlier.

Advertisement