Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Civil Servants not get their wages this morning?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I do contract work for the state and I get paid as regularly as a Tenerife Rolex.

Two words your grannies drummed into you folks.

Rainy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

just wondering if i lodge money into my account today will it go in or will there be a delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

the_monkey wrote: »
    Poor civil servant didn't receive their €20,000 this month for doing f all

This absolutely drives me insane I earn a max of 25000 a year before tax and I'm in the public sector.
    People working in lid earn more then me so get over yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sorry guys, don't take too much offence by my comment, it was tongue in cheek and this is AH after all ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Can't believe the amount of bitterness towards the public service here :(
    So the nurse who just finished a 12 hour shift in A&E doesn't deserve to get paid?
    Or the Garda finishing his 6x10 hour shifts and looking forward to his four days off over the Bank holiday should sit at home and forget any plans he had made to spend the weekend away with his family?

I know its AH but come on....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

is it just wages that have the problem or would lodging money be a problem if i wanted it again todya?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

angelfire9 wrote: »
    So the nurse who just finished a 12 hour shift in A&E doesn't deserve to get paid?
    Or the Garda finishing his 6x10 hour shifts and looking forward to his four days off over the Bank holiday should sit at home and forget any plans he had made to spend the weekend away with his family?

Very good point, and to be honest anyone that works deserves too be paid on time independent of what they do for a living once it's legal and they pay taxes. My own father was a public sector employee and used to get the same slagging as everyone else because of it, despite the fact he actually had to do work and was on a wage comparable to someone that didn't work when levy's were introduced. Not all public sector employees are as well paid as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

No-one has ever invented an IT system that never breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

cml387 wrote: »
    Apparently it's only Gardai and teachers.

So now we know what ye do.

It's any worker whose employer banks with Bank of Ireland, I work in the private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

angelfire9 wrote: »

So nurses and Garda have more important jobs than the rest of us? I work 6 days a week 10 hours a day and sometimes 12 sitting under neath trucks an vans all day repairing them but god forbid the Garda can't get his fcukin Big Mac for his lunch or his chicken fillet roll.
    And I didn't get fcukin paid either but by all means please pay them first. I'm sure my rent and bills can wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

jimgoose wrote: »
    Interesting. Can you tell me why the notion of me paying my bills myself, at a time that suits me, with the fiscal weapon of my choice, sends you into a full foaming-at-the-mouth-neckbeard episode?

You throwing insults because I pointed out a safeguard in the system p*sses me off.

Otherwise, I couldn't really give a sh*te how you choose to pay things.

There's only person that I can see foaming at the mouth and throwing insults - what exactly is your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

So nurses and Garda have more important jobs than the rest of us? I work 6 days a week 10 hours a day and sometimes 12 sitting under neath trucks an vans all day repairing them but god forbid the Garda can't get his fcukin Big Mac for his lunch or his chicken fillet roll.
    And I didn't get fcukin paid either but by all means please pay them first. I'm sure my rent and bills can wait

Do you not get a lunch?

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    I have BOI account and I got paid, how is that?

Your employer doesn't bank with BOI.

Outgoing payments from BOI were all that seem to be affected.

BOI have confirmed (to us at least) that any costs incurred by people will be refunded - below is an extract from what BOI sent to their business customers about an hour ago.
    REFUNDS
    There will be no issue with refunding charges incurred due to the processing of late payments. If your beneficiaries/staff advise you of any charges that have occurred as a direct result of this error, please request them to provide a list of Bank Details and the amounts involved so that these refunds can be facilitated by Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

blackwhite wrote: »
    Your employer doesn't bank with BOI.

Outgoing payments from BOI were all that seem to be affected.

Any idea when it's to be sorted?

Any idea when it's to be sorted?

BOI have told us that it's now fixed, but any payments that were due to go through today won't arrive until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

By your post you'd swear the public servants wages were going to be paid 1st as a priority over private sectors. How the funk does a IT malfunction differentiate between a public and private sector worker and thus prioritise the public servant? If somebody did a days work they are entitled to their wages on the day it is due to them. Who pays them is irrelevant. It just so happens that today is payday for a huge chunk of the public sector. Doesn't negate or belittle the private sector workers who haven't been paid either. Us public sector workers pay them same bills, rent and everything else just the same as you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

burke027 wrote: »
    This absolutely drives me insane I earn a max of 25000 a year before tax and I'm in the public sector.
    People working in lid earn more then me so get over yourself

pension baby your big fat state backed pension.
    cry me a river.

Welcome to the real world where people don't pay on time.
    I do feel sympathy for people but it is sad that some people can't manage if they don't get their money on time.
    many self employed people live this **** daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Spoke to our relationship manager in BOI there.

Any payments made through Bank of Ireland are affected, starting with last night's overnight files.

BOI have an outsourced processing service for payments files through SEPA, and the issue is with the outsourced service.

They are working to have it sorted before the close of business, but aren't guaranteeing anything.

So they outsource the service to the lowest price bidder to save a few pennies, and then they wonder why it screws up, leaving hundreds of thousands of customers on the hook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I had to go out and sell myself this morning due to this.

I came back with €2.05. Mrs asked who gave ye the 5c.

I said everyone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

cry me a river.

I do feel sympathy for people but it is sad that some people can't manage if they don't get their money on time.

Actually we contribute towards our own pension, and have no choice in the matter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Tow

ian87 wrote: »
    By your post you'd swear the public servants wages were going to be paid 1st as a priority over private sectors.

It is nothing do with public servants, the problem affected all BOI/JPM SEPA transactions.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

So nurses and Garda have more important jobs than the rest of us?

Yes.

Actually we contribute towards our own pension, and have no choice in the matter!!!

Not trying to drag the thread off topic, but you contribute a hell of a lot less than what a worker in any other line of work would have to pay for a pension of similar value.

For anyone in the public sector, the pension arrangements remain a significant perk compared to the private sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

you contribute to a nice Defined benefit scheme - see if any of your private sector buddies getting that?
    I pay for mine.

anyway I was only slagging about the pension - I'm actually jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

your contributions bear no resemblance of what you will take out

do a calculation of what a private sector worker would have to put in to get the pension you will get upon retirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

your contributions bear no resemblance of what you will take out

do a calculation of what a private sector worker would have to put in to get the pension you will get upon retirement

Can you not just link to where you get your info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

cry me a river.

Pension of 12500 on a salary of 25,000. Yeah that is a big fat state backed pension alright :rolleyes: Its only €10 more than the Contributory Pension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Tow

but you contribute a hell of a lot less than what a worker in any other line of work would have to pay for a pension of similar value.

The figures for how much it costs the taxpayer to fund an individual Garda pension are eye watering...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement