Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads dealing drugs in pub toilets what to do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

IrishHomer wrote: »
    What is the right thing to do when I go for a pee on a Saturday night at the toilets of a pub and lads are dealing in coke?

Should I mind my own business and say nothing?

Report it to pub management?

Should I call the Gardai?

My advice? None of the above. Drink in another pub. It's not as though there's a shortage of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Saipanne wrote: »
    Boyfriend cheating on you?

Low self esteem

Go see gp

Infractions for all

Thread now locked

u ok hun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

123balltv wrote: »
    "You might know who we are, but we know who you are, you understand?

These scumbags are most likely part of a bigger crew say nothing if you
    care for your family plus not all the guards will watch your back :(

Bollocks, they're more than likely a couple of mates squaring up for the night. One of them got the stuff and the other lad was just collecting and paying for his share.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

porsche959 wrote: »
    My advice? None of the above. Drink in another pub. It's not as though there's a shortage of them.

And there's a bloody good chance that exactly the same craic is going on in most of the pubs he could choose from.

Just forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Do what I did, get your as kicked for interrupting a sniffing session, then leave and get loads of sympathy from the chicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I would do nothing.
    If someone wants to sell coke in a bathroom. It's their deal. If someone wants to buy coke in said bathroom. It's their deal.
    It's the bouncers job to check the toilets. But I wouldn't be suprised to hear that some bouncers turn a blind eye to it as they wouldn't want the hassle.

So op if no one else cares why should you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

gugleguy wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Is it too late to ring Philip Boucher Hayes I wonder on the topic of thus thread. Might be too much of a dark black art for poor Joe Duffy, and he just back from holidays.:pac:

JD seems to spend more taking holidays than actually presenting.

Bit of coke every now and then is no harm, although street level is probably cut to bits with ****e. Thats why it should be legal and regulated... some people are "no fun allowed" sort of people.. each to their own.

Never really thought about this until now. But what would making drugs legal actually do? On paper you would think crime assoicated with drugs would go down. But would it? You would be legalising scumbags.

Take all the drug dealers in Ireland who make good to really good money selling cocaine. If coke got legal they are hardly going to pack it up and say "Got to get a job in Tesco now" - nah. They'll become legal sellers.

And once the government gets their grubby little fingers involved through VAT thats going to supply the need to illegally import the drug as well (to make more money) Not to mention the government would have restrictions on what exactly goes into the drug. So it would be weak coke. Also supporting the importation of higher quality coke :p

So when you think about it what would making the drug legal actual do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Never understood why they make the mens jacks their office

You can imagine the smell of fart or sh!te in there..do they charge extra for smelly coke

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FierceMild

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Bollocks, they're more than likely a couple of mates squaring up for the night. One of them got the stuff and the other lad was just collecting and paying for his share.

Exactly. I've never encountered a coke dealer hanging around the jacks of a pub looking for business. It was probably some lads putting in the tenner for their share of whatever one of the lads sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lg01

This thread is hilarious. Reminds me just how innocent and shadowed so many people are. Seriously OP, just forget it and move on. Exactly as said above, this is mates sharing and dividing. Nothing you should be concerned about. It always makes me laugh how people think there are "drug pushers" in bars actively pushing their product. I'm not a coke user but I would see it around me, some friends etc. Just ignore it. The reality is that most drug dealers are fairly useless and unreliable - with their clients chasing them all the time. Certainly not the other way around. Anyone any I know would sort anything out from someone they know beforehand, they don't go around pubs asking strangers hoping to find a dealer. Depending on the place, you'll find that the bouncers / bathroom attendants are aware of whats happening - they just don't want it being too obvious.

Ignore it and enjoy your own night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Specialun wrote: »
    Never understood why they make the mens jacks their office

You can imagine the smell of fart or sh!te in there..do they charge extra for smelly coke

Rubbery smelling coke is particularly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Never really thought about this until now. But what would making drugs legal actually do? On paper you would think crime assoicated with drugs would go down. But would it? You would be legalising scumbags.

Take all the drug dealers in Ireland who make good to really good money selling cocaine. If coke got legal they are hardly going to pack it up and say "Got to get a job in Tesco now" - nah. They'll become legal sellers.

And once the government gets their grubby little fingers involved through VAT thats going to supply the need to illegally import the drug as well (to make more money) Not to mention the government would have restrictions on what exactly goes into the drug. So it would be weak coke. Also supporting the importation of higher quality coke :p

These "scumbags" would be put out of business if it became legal, The product would be sold in licensed premises like alcohol. And there would be many different strengths to choose from, not just weak coke. Plus it would be unadulterated from research chemicals and other ****e. (alot of the stuff being passed off as coke these days is very cheap RC's like drone, or weak coke cut with drone)
    But you may be right like similar in the states with weed since it became legal, its still being sold illegally, but much cheaper then from the weed dispensaries.. so it wouldnt completely eliminate street level dealers. But people would have a much "healthier" option from unadulterated ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Never. The people that excel in selling it do so because they know their way around an illegal trade. If it became legal you can guarantee big corporations would be the first to act and rebrand the whole thing while putting the street level hoodlums out of business. They would just continue to do other illegal activities like sell harder substances or steal bikes.

These "scumbags" would be put out of business if it became legal, The product would be sold in licensed premises like alcohol. And there would be many different strengths to choose from, not just weak coke. Plus it would be unadulterated from research chemicals and other ****e. (alot of the stuff being passed off as coke these days is very cheap RC's like drone, or weak coke cut with drone)
    But you may be right like similar in the states with weed since it became legal, its still being sold illegally, but much cheaper then from the weed dispensaries.. so it wouldnt completely eliminate street level dealers. But people would have a much "healthier" option from unadulterated ****e.

But how would these scumbags be out of business?
    like yeah the low level street dealers would be. Dont need them anymore. But the higher up guys along the chain arent going to just pack it in.

They'll just go legal. Run said licensed premises as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

I can just imagine it "Green Afton," "Coca Cola+," or maybe "Coca Cola Vintage," "McChrystal's Marching Snuff" "Golden Wonder," "Campbell's Cream of Magic Mushroom" and so many more after big business wades in! Still, it might be a boon for all those poor cocanistas eeking out a living in the Amazon if they get paid a decent wage for a legitimate job and possibly put a curb on the pollution of the Amazon river. It might prove a boost to the Afghani economy too and take some of those farmers out of the stone age, hmmm could be a whole new stone age really. There'd also be some serious research in to the effects of these drugs, both the positive and the negative then we'd have a better understanding of safe dosage and that'd mean less "acid casualties." Of course that's all just too terrible to imagine and society would surely crumble!

EDIT:
    like yeah the low level street dealers would be. Dont need them anymore. But the higher up guys along the chain arent going to just pack it in.

Then you wouldn't be able to call them scumbags anymore, they'd be the landlord or the publican, wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Just on this. I was in temple bar last night with my girlfriend and my friend and his wife. Bumped into another friend and his girlfriend and stood to chat. None of us had any drink taken at that stage.

A guy who looked liked a complete hobo came up into middle of us and said to us do any of use want coke - I don't know how he picked us out but I told him nah I'm alright for coke! Then he proceeded to pull out a large bag of drugs and tell me the quality of the stuff - in the middle of the street.

He was hard to shift and it was a VERY embarrassing situation to be in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

catallus wrote: »
    The "big deal" is that they are purveying poison.

As opposed to the lads behind the counter?????

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    I can just imagine it "Green Afton," "Coca Cola+," or maybe "Coca Cola Vintage," "McChrystal's Marching Snuff" "Golden Wonder," "Campbell's Cream of Magic Mushroom" and so many more after big business wades in! Still, it might be a boon for all those poor cocanistas eeking out a living in the Amazon if they get paid a decent wage for a legitimate job and possibly put a curb on the pollution of the Amazon river. It might prove a boost to the Afghani economy too and take some of those farmers out of the stone age, hmmm could be a whole new stone age really. There'd also be some serious research in to the effects of these drugs, both the positive and the negative then we'd have a better understanding of safe dosage and that'd mean less "acid casualties." Of course that's all just too terrible to imagine and society would surely crumble!

what are you bloody on about? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Some people here don't /cant see a distinction between hard and soft drugs.Soft drugs like weed are harmless and non addictive .Hard drugs are poison (of unknown source and content ) and very addictive.
    I want weed a natural plant to be legalized ,so the Police can put their resources in stamping out the hard stuff . B.T.W. I dont even use weed ,but if i suffered from certain medical conditions i might try it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I think that's mostly said in relation to a scenario where just weed is legalised. People involved in the harder stuff would be pretty unlikely to draw attention to themselves by setting up a weed dispensary like, but a major part of their revenue would be taken away because most people would choose to get it from legal sources. Could still be problems like, like you could easily imagine some kind of protection racket being set up to replace lost revenue. AFAIK things are working out fairly well in Colarado.

But sure anyways, we'll probably all be cold in the ground before the issue even arises on Holy Joe's Island Paradise of Cirrhosis so who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I thought one of the few advantages of the recession was that you no longer had the bunches of coked up Masters of the Universe hogging the jacks :mad:

OP: its a sign, write a column for the Indo right now about how property is a safe bet and how you'd be a fool not to get on the ladder.

PS: Whats the general view is having people doing drugs in the cubicles more annoying than having a toilet attendent?

anto9 wrote: »
    Some people here don't /cant see a distinction between hard and soft drugs.Soft drugs like weed are harmless and non addictive .Hard drugs are poison (of unknown source and content ) and very addictive.
    I want weed a natural plant to be legalized ,so the Police can put their resources in stamping out the hard stuff . B.T.W. I dont even use weed ,but if i suffered from certain medical conditions i might try it .

I hate this attitude. There is no objective line between "hard" and "soft" drugs.

You don't treat drug problems by "stamping them out". You do it by education and treatment of addicts.

I like a spliff as well, and am in favour of legalization but to say that weed is harmless and non-addictive is a fallacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alanrick

Eh, Just out of interest what pub is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ThePhilip

FierceMild wrote: »
    I hate this attitude. There is no objective line between "hard" and "soft" drugs.

You don't treat drug problems by "stamping them out". You do it by education and treatment of addicts.

I like a spliff as well, and am in favour of legalization but to say that weed is harmless and non-addictive is a fallacy.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

>>You do it by education and treatment of addicts.<<

...but that's not working even in the slightest way.I do admit that there is no easy answer.

anto9 wrote: »
    >>You do it by education and treatment of addicts.<<

...but that's not working even in the slightest way.I do admit that there is no easy answer.

Going to have to disagree with you there again with the case of Portugal regarding treatment rather than criminalisation of the user: can't link article but look up Portugal Drug Laws.

Regarding education, it's never been tried; I've never heard someone saying that they received proper, informed education about drugs in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Pull out you lad, shout 'say hello to my little friend' and blast piss all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Everyone's done abit of Coke when they were young among other things, if I seen two lads doing coke in a pub It wouldn't make me turn my head, its normal for any pub toilet on a weekend in town.

Remember kids normal =/= Good

People saying ring the Guards must lead very sheltered lives

Have ye looked in a pub toilet in the last 15 years?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

This is a job for the boys down town. The DA will round up a Grand Jury for these motherg****ers

Advertisement