Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Nevin Maguire's overuse of the word "chiffonade". Makes him sound like a pretentious bellend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

The little bit of time between the washing machine cycle finishing and when the door unlocks.

It's only a few seconds but I stand there and curse the damn machine.

I think I need a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Whats the trivial reason in locking a thread on 10,000 posts? is it just another trivial annoying thing that has to be entertained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

roro1990 wrote: »
    Nevin Maguire's overuse of the word "chiffonade". Makes him sound like a pretentious bellend!

"Nevin", just looking at the guy he has all the hallmarks of a pretentious bell end. A fair amount of these celebrity cooks and chefs have that pretentious air about them!

The chefs on the British and Australian Masterchef were good, and I had hoped the Irish one might for once prove me wrong about RTE's attempts to copy foreign format shows...

It was too much to hope for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Slow down being annoyed!!!!
    I can't keep up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I had to go to the second page to find the new thread :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ninjini wrote: »
    The little bit of time between the washing machine cycle finishing and when the door unlocks.

I think I need a life.

The fridge in my friends house makes you wait a few seconds before you are allowed to open it after closing. Sounds OK, but when you are making a sandwich and put the butter away, but a certain condiment or sandwich filler catches your eye as the door closes, the few seconds is eternity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Ninjini wrote: »

I think I need a life.

I just finished giving out to the washing machine a half hour ago. It feels like a lifetime waiting for the door to unlock.

Stroppy adults. Seriously, the 18 years of being a teenager were long enough to get all your strops out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Ok mods , you've had your fun , NOW CHANGE THE GODDAM 4 to 3, or are you going to be all Brendan Grace in Father Ted about it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

danniemcq wrote: »
    :)

Operation Trollhammer a complete success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Where do we start the petition?
    or can we only do polls?

They are so fcuking fast! I heard they are really hard to kill, not sure how true that is but decided not to experiment. Ugh, give me spiders any day!
    Is that the mods you're talking about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

the occupation "Full Time Mammy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

danniemcq wrote: »
    My work here is done

6 hours later still no change :mad:

I suppose I can't threaten you so how about I ask nicely?
    C'mon Dannie, I'm sure we could come to some sort of an agreement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about (by invitation only) a THINGS THAT DRIVE ME FCUKEN SO DEMENTED I WANT PULL THE HEAD OFF THEIR SHOULDERS AND POUR BOILING PISS DOWN THEIR NECKS, THEN FEED THEM TO CHOLERA INFECTED HYENAS, WHICH ARE NOT ALL THAT HUNGRY thread.

Count me in!
    I travelled by bus today for the first time in ages, and I could fill an entire thread with all the things that annoyed me.

Stupid "song" lyrics

"Look at you in that dress girl you dangerous like a gun" :confused:

Need I say anything else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    the occupation "Full Time Mammy"

The comedian Bill Burr had a great bit about how the idea of being a mother being the hardest job in the world was incredibly disrespectful to people with actual difficult /dangerous jobs.

An awful lot of patting yourself on the back for carrying out a fairly basic biological function.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

czechlin wrote: »
    6 hours later still no change :mad:

I suppose I can't threaten you so how about I ask nicely?
    C'mon Dannie, I'm sure we could come to some sort of an agreement!

I'm listening.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know a guy who semi retired to Spain a few years ago. I met him recently.

"So, you must be fairly fluent in the Spanish now?"
    "Nah"
    "Well, you must be handy on the food front, paella and all that?"
    "Nah, don't like the Spanish grub"
    "Do you for a few pints at eh weekend with your Spanish mates?"
    "Nah, I do with a few Irish and English though, I don t know any Spaniards "
    "Do you tour around, Barcelona? Madrid? Basque country?"
    "Nah, just stay around Alicante"
    "Why the fcuk did you go to Spain?"
    "Its hot, and cheap"

Sometime you just wonder.........................ALL Spain has to offer, and he sits around eating pie and chips, reading the "Mirror"

I was in a pub in the midlands a few years back listening to a fella tell his mates about his holidays to Spain.

They asked him if he picked up any of the local lingo.

'A little bit in the bars and that' was his answer and in his thick brummie accent....'a bottelo of thato over hereo, por favor' to uproarious laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Count me in!
    I travelled by bus today for the first time in ages, and I could fill an entire thread with all the things that annoyed me.

Anything that could possibly annoy you about being on a bus has been covered but Oldnotwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

The comedian Bill Burr had a great bit about how the idea of being a mother being the hardest job in the world was incredibly disrespectful to people with actual difficult /dangerous jobs.

An awful lot of patting yourself on the back for carrying out a fairly basic biological function.

It's mostly used by people who can't support their own kids too. And are being supported by the state. It also implies that any mother who works is less of a mother when they're actually ten million times more.

Sitting at home watching daytime TV and playing with toys is hardly taxing Is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

gramar wrote: »
    Anything that could possibly annoy you about being on a bus has been covered but Oldnotwise!

Oh believe me, I've contributed plenty of them here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

An Post raising postage rates AGAIN. A couple of weeks ago I bought some 88 cent stamps to post some cards to the UK, my husbands family live there and there's a couple of birthdays coming up next week. Yesterday there was a notice in the post office that it now costs 1 euro to send an international letter. What dafuq do An Post think they're playing at, a fcuking euro to send a card to England. Dear God, how I wish that there was an alterantive postal service, I would never send anything with An Post again. Greedy fricking bastards:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    It's mostly used by people who can't support their own kids too. And are being supported by the state. It also implies that any mother who works is less of a mother when they're actually ten million times more.

Sitting at home watching daytime TV and playing with toys is hardly taxing Is it?
    30 years ago when I was in school most people's mothers stayed at home to look after them. The only children whose mother worked their mothers were the local doctor or the shopkeeper. This was in a rural area but there were about 30 of us in the class.

With regard to holidays in Spain , I've heard of people saying they're going to 'Puerto Rico' or las palmas in the canaries ,thinking they're in Spain and having no idea that the are islands at least 90 mins flight from Spain , the country should save on social welfare and shove this lot under a few sunlamps and throw them a few cans for two weeks and they'd be none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

An Post raising postage rates AGAIN. A couple of weeks ago I bought some 88 cent stamps to post some cards to the UK, my husbands family live there and there's a couple of birthdays coming up next week. Yesterday there was a notice in the post office that it now costs 1 euro to send an international letter. What dafuq do An Post think they're playing at, a fcuking euro to send a card to England. Dear God, how I wish that there was an alterantive postal service, I would never send anything with An Post again. Greedy fricking bastards:mad:

And their service is getting ****tier and ****tier too - we're always getting stuff at work that isn't addressed to us, and I've gotten some other people's things at home too, we get stuff at work that's dated a week ago, it's a surprise when you see something dated the previous day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stupid "song" lyrics

"Look at you in that dress girl you dangerous like a gun" :confused:

Need I say anything else?

"She walks like Rihanna" :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    "She walks like Rihanna" :(

Yeah, I could never figure out whether that was supposed to be a good or bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yeah, I could never figure out whether that was supposed to be a good or bad thing.

I am frankly struggling to see what might be so good about it. Tasty little bod on her - haven't they all - but she looks like an Oompah-Loompah with Down's Syndrome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement