Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah lads, this heat is taking the piss.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its just about right - 21.3C, bright and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its just about right - 21.3C, bright and breezy.

-21?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As much as the young ones are complaining here - please reach out to elderly neighbours, they are probably suffering worse than you and can't pop down to the shops as easily for food in the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I find today desperately humid when indoors, but when out the breeze is lovely. The weather the last three days was hot and sunny but brilliant because the humidity wasn't that bad, yet all the weather forecasts today say it's cooling. I feel more uncomfortable today than I did all week! Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Drape a cloth dampened with cold water over your forehead, the back of your neck or around your wrists if it gets too uch. I've not done it yet because I'm walking around a lot and it would become a nuisance too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

SweetChaos wrote: »
    But in Florida they would have air conditioners we are not so lucky :(

I had AC in Texas as well. It was set to 24*C most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

EazyD wrote: »
    Very cold weather= moan

Coldish/Rainy weather= moan
    Why wouldn't people moan about those? They're hardly enjoyable.
    Warmish weather= moan

Hot/Humid weather= moan
    Some people don't like the heat.
    Irish people really are a pack of whingers, considering we have one of the worlds most temperate climates.
    The only whingeing I'm seeing on these threads is people whingeing about other people not liking particular types of weather - and it's by Irish people moaning about Irish people.
    Yeh the Irish climate is temperate, but it can still be really sh-t with all the rain, wind and damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Raining. Hope your all happy!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I find today desperately humid when indoors, but when out the breeze is lovely. The weather the last three days was hot and sunny but brilliant because the humidity wasn't that bad, yet all the weather forecasts today say it's cooling. I feel more uncomfortable today than I did all week! Boo!

agree, the problem is the humidity i hate it - dry heat ,even in the dessert i find grand - but Dublin humidity sucks , hate it , and its been humid horribly for nearly 3 weeks, fresher weather was due today , but just grey sky , humidity is the same - go away and lets have some fresh dry weather - and maybe i can get a decent kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Sunny and warm here - laaaaahvly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Magaggie wrote: »
    Sunny and warm here - laaaaahvly. :)

Hi sunny and warm how are ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Raining. Hope your all happy!

:(

Still very warm and humid, tiny breeze out. It says 20C in Dublin at the mo at 7:40pm, summer ain't over yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

You could of frying a egg on my balls the last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

'Tis grand tonight. It's warm, but manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Warm rain today, 26 degrees and rain is confusing. Feel like I've mastered cycling with an umbrella today at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Surenotabother

Im sleeping upstairs.. in an attic room... kill me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its a cool 13c apparently :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nice breeze today great for a bit of drying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So much better. I can sit without sweating my face off and have a cup of tea without it feeling too warm. Just needs to get colder from here.

Advertisement