Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah lads, this heat is taking the piss.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

fussyonion wrote: »
    Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    If it's not warm, you're moaning about the rain and the snow.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?
    !
    ****ing dead right there..did ya see the temp in spain/portugal on tonights weather chart? 40 degrees , yes 40 ****ing degrees!!!!!can just imagine the whinging ***** on here trying to live there.L.M.F.A.O.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Don't forget the wasps. They have been a nightmare since the warm weather came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

****ing dead right there..did ya see the temp in spain/portugal on tonights weather chart? 40 degrees , yes 40 ****ing degrees!!!!!can just imagine the whinging ***** on here trying to live there.L.M.F.A.O.:pac::pac:
    I'm pretty sure Spanish natives are well acclimatized to their weather.

Comparing two completely different climates is quite frankly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

If it was a tad warmer every day, it'd be perfect weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year:

1. Hot water bottle

2. Fill with cold water

3. Put in bed

= bliss

extreme circumstances:

2a. Put in freezer for a couple of hours

= Super mega bliss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Moan, whinge, moan.

I'm giving you the reason people are moaning, I don't really care.

It's pointless and quite stupid to compare it to hotter temperatures in countries with different humidity levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Ah air conditioning in my fabalous house, hope u all fry :)

Tis freezing in my sitting room:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im thankful there are people here to tell us about the climate in other countries. Did you know the Sahara is very warm? If you are complaining anywhere else you dont know real heat! You think Ireland is wet and windy? There are countries that have a monsoon season!

In fact you shouldnt be complaining at all, there are people with far worse lives than you! Look at Ukraine and Syria and people are sitting here complaining about other people complaining. You dont know real problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Anyone tried using a "cold water bottle"?

Fill a hot water bottle with cold water and leave in the fridge for a while-maybe a couple of hours-take it to bed and place it on your pillow,the side of your face or the back of your neck.Keep a bottle of cold water in the fridge in case you need to fill the "cold water bottle" again.Twill keep you cool...tis what Ive been doin for the last few nights and I find it a great help-and dont bother with sheets or anythin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I hope the people complaining about those complaining about the heat don't complain in winter about the cold. Other places are colder sure! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

woodoo wrote: »
    Don't forget the wasps. They have been a nightmare since the warm weather came in.

The poor feckers are only out enjoying the sun, leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Im thankful there are people here to tell us about the climate in other countries. Did you know the Sahara is very warm? If you are complaining anywhere else you dont know real heat! You think Ireland is wet and windy? There are countries that have a monsoon season!

In fact you shouldnt be complaining at all, there are people with far worse lives than you! Look at Ukraine and Syria and people are sitting here complaining about other people complaining. You dont know real problems!

I accept that there are people way worse off than me in the world and I am thankful for everything I have.... I just like complaining!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have an ice pack on my forehead trying to cool down and get some sleep. It's humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm Irish. I moved abroad to a hot country 2 years ago. I was the typical stereotype of kicking off the sheets and twisting and turning all night in warm weather. But once you acclimatise, this warm weather in Ireland is a piece of piss. I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks and while its nice weather, I'm under the duvet at night and sleeping soundly. A hot night to me is 25 celcius plus and 40 odd during the day. A cold night is 15 to 17. Jacket on when out and snuggle up at home.

However, it is amusing how we love to moan about the weather. In a couple of months it will be the wind, rain and freezing temps making the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?!

Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe some people don't enjoy hot weather and instead prefer the cold? Shocker I know. I can guarantee you'll be moaning and whinging when the rain and snow is back in a couple of months whereas some of us won't be. Enjoy the weather while it lasts and let the people who don't enjoy it have their moan ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Shower of moaners!

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?!

Why do you care if people don't like the heat? Just enjoy it.

And do you know that the same people who complain about the heat complain about the cold?

Oh and a lot of of people, myself included, avoid Spain in high summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I never complained about the cold. I love the cold.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Good god, us Irish are a shower of whingers.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm Irish. I moved abroad to a hot country 2 years ago. I was the typical stereotype of kicking off the sheets and twisting and turning all night in warm weather. But once you acclimatise, this warm weather in Ireland is a piece of piss. I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks and while its nice weather, I'm under the duvet at night and sleeping soundly. A hot night to me is 25 celcius plus and 40 odd during the day. A cold night is 15 to 17. Jacket on when out and snuggle up at home.

However, it is amusing how we love to moan about the weather. In a couple of months it will be the wind, rain and freezing temps making the news.

You acclimatised because you lived somewhere that allowed you to do so. Most others haven't done that.

cournioni wrote: »
    Good god, us Irish are a shower of whingers.

Whinging about "whingers". Oh the ironing. Well, proves your own point, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Very cold weather= moan

Coldish/Rainy weather= moan

Warmish weather= moan

Hot/Humid weather= moan

Irish people really are a pack of whingers, considering we have one of the worlds most temperate climates.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

better hot than cold :)

EazyD wrote: »
    Very cold weather= moan

Warmish weather= moan

Hot/Humid weather= moan

Irish people really are a pack of whingers, considering we have one of the worlds most temperate climates.

Nope.

I'm an Irish person. I never complain about the weather.

I complained about the cold when I was in krakow in January and that was the only time I remember. Funny, all the polish people were complaining about it too :)

I love all of it. My favourite is the sunshine, but rain is great craic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Nope.

I'm an Irish person. I never complain about the weather.

I complained about the cold when I was in krakow in January and that was the only time I remember. Funny, all the polish people were complaining about it too :)

I love all of it. My favourite is the sunshine, but rain is great craic too.

You happen to be the exception to the rule then. In all seriousness we get such variations in weather all year round so there's very little to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

EazyD wrote: »
    Very cold weather= moan

Warmish weather= moan

Hot/Humid weather= moan

set up a poll on that there would ya?
    I only moan about humidity I dont mind anything else:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Roland.B. wrote: »
    better hot than cold :)

Flu viruses thrive in cold weather. One thing most people don't have to worry about in this weather is head colds and other ailments associated with cold, damp weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

Flu viruses thrive in cold weather. One thing most people don't have to worry about in this weather is head colds and other ailments associated with cold, damp weather.

Except people who suffer from hayfever like me,dying with it all week long.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Dull, dreary and miserable today.

I miss yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Raining. Woot!!!

Still hot though, what's with that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Raining. Woot!!!

Still hot though, what's with that??

You're in the shower.

Advertisement