Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah lads, this heat is taking the piss.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

While last night wasn't as warm as the past couple of nights my cursing of this damn humidity was exacperated by hearing what appeared like every boyracer in Ireland using the motorway two fields away from my house as their own racetrack last night.

So basically a lad opens the window to keep himself cool but can't sleep cus of those damn scrotes being out in force.

I had a similar problem with leaving the windows open. Ear plugs were no use because then I wouldn't hear my morning alarm. Then realised that earbud headphones do almost as good a job at blocking out noise but the trailing cable means they are guaranteed to pull out of my ears while asleep before morning, thus I still hear the morning alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This heat is marvellous and long may it continue. I sleep in possibly the warmest house in Ireland but I don't care..... keep shining sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had a hoody on at work all day yesterday. Then went I went outside to get the bus home at 4.30 it was ROASTING. The aircon at work must be working well!

I like the heat. It is quite hot at night, but I just open the window..it's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It was 27 here today, I was trying to clean the windows, bad idea. Had to stop every so often to wipe myself off :o

Wipe yourself off what? You'll never get the windows clean doing that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Bought a pool for the garden today.

Out in my shorts, eating a bowl of ice cream and browsing on Boards.....

I'm loving it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thank christ the water meters haven't come in yet - im after having my second shower after i just came from work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

The heat is killing me. For the first time ever I think, in my 27 years, I'm complaining about the heat. Well the humidity. I think a lot comes down to the fact that I am a really hairy fcuker and that makes me warmer and sweatier. Woke up numerous times last night and eventually had a blast of a cold shower at 3.30am to cool down. I also spent half of the day yesterday wandering around the office looking for empty meeting rooms in the office where I could go in and work with air con.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The heat is killing me. For the first time ever I think, in my 27 years, I'm complaining about the heat. Well the humidity. I think a lot comes down to the fact that I am a really hairy fcuker and that makes me warmer and sweatier. Woke up numerous times last night and eventually had a blast of a cold shower at 3.30am to cool down. I also spent half of the day yesterday wandering around the office looking for empty meeting rooms in the office where I could go in and work with air con.

I'm a hairy bastard, too. Get an electric hair clippers to shave it all off. Your hair absorbs the sweat, which makes the smell of sweat linger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'm loving it. Taking tomorrow off and heading to the beach. Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Love the heat, can't get enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Where I live, the summers are always hot. If you want to keep the house cool during the hot weather, DON'T follow your instinct and open the windows during the day when it's hotter outside than inside, that'll just heat up the house. Keep the windows closed, and close curtains on the side of the house that the sun is shining on. Once the temp outside is cooler outside than inside, then open windows (at least two to get a current of air going).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can't deal with this heat, I feel faint and sleepy and dizzy and fed up all at once. I'm sitting on the bathroom floor because the tiles are freezing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

I'm waiting for the temperature to rise at least another 2° before I am willing to hit the beach and expose these testicles to the fraazing cold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Where I live, the summers are always hot. If you want to keep the house cool during the hot weather, DON'T follow your instinct and open the windows during the day when it's hotter outside than inside, that'll just heat up the house. Keep the windows closed, and close curtains on the side of the house that the sun is shining on. Once the temp outside is cooler outside than inside, then open windows (at least two to get a current of air going).

It's too late for me, save yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

30c in our office in a small room with 2 other all of us are big hairy bastids hmmm can you smell the funk,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I prefer moving air through the house, must be funny like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard off the RTE weather from Evelyn Cusack that it is to be very wet in the northwest of Ireland with heavy rain and thunderstorms with temperatures of 15 to 17 degrees celsius for tonight.

According to my Bing Weather app, Dublin is getting 76% humidity at the moment with temperatures of 17 degrees celsius.

But Cork has the highest level of humidity with 90% at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Hardly a breeze out tonight, its nearly midnight and Dublin is at about 16C outside! Inside the house, it must be about 25C, how will I be able to sleep tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

It's so dam hot......milk was a bad choice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    If it's not warm, you're moaning about the rain and the snow.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

It's a bit of heat...have you never been to Spain in middle July?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

fussyonion wrote: »
    Shower of moaners!

This must be the only country in the world that moans and whinges about feckin' everything.
    Get a fan, put it beside your bed, sleep under a sheet and keep the window open. You'll be fine.

HUMIDITY.

Anyway doesn't bother me, just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

No.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cocobubbles

I love the hot weather during the day, the night is a pain in the arse though. I live above a restaurant kitchen that opens till 12 every night.... At this rate il have sweated off two stone by August!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I can't f**king wait till the rain comes back, the colder the better.

Nib wrote: »
    No.

What's your point?

My point is it's at least ten-sometimes twenty degrees hotter in Spain at this time of year than the heat we're having in Ireland.
    People are always wishing for nice weather but now we have it, people are moaning.

And yes it's humid but that's what happens when you've got GLORIOUS WEATHER IN JULY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

My point is it's at least ten-sometimes twenty degrees hotter in Spain at this time of year than the heat we're having in Ireland.
    People are always wishing for nice weather but now we have it, people are moaning.

And yes it's humid but that's what happens when you've got GLORIOUS WEATHER IN JULY!

Yes but the humidity is also at like 30% whereas here it's 98%.
    If it was the same as Spain people would enjoy it most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

What has Spain's climate got to do with ours? :confused:

People aren't all the same. I don't like this heat, it's too much. It's uncomfortable. 20 degrees during the day and 7 degrees at night would be perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Shower of moaners!

I'm there..it's great. 2 euro wine per bottle..mossies are a bitch though..ah wine..numbs the pain

• Advertisement

Yes but the humidity is also at like 30% whereas here it's 98%.
    If it was the same as Spain people would enjoy it most likely

Moan, whinge, moan.

Advertisement