Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season Friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He's a midfielder but can play at the back too, not sure where he played exactly last night though as he came on for Borini. Out wide possibly
    For me, he reminds me of Ramires with a bit more technique and a bit less pace. Would have watched him a good bit in the Bundesliga last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    For me, he reminds me of Ramires with a bit more technique and a bit less pace. Would have watched him a good bit in the Bundesliga last year.

Not even remotely worth considering in an FPL context so I'd imagine?

Not even remotely worth considering in an FPL context so I'd imagine?
    Not really, no. With the amount of attacking players Liverpool have his role is definitely going to be more defensive than attacking even if he is quite explosive in his movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

From articles i've read online they are saying he is "the future star of Germany" I haven't seen him in action at all so cant say but other reports suggest he is developing into a similar style player as Schweinsteiger.

Bold statements... hopefully they prove to be true, i'll certainly be keeping an eye on him, at 5.5mil he offers serious value if he becomes a regular starter and makes an impact. Can't see it though as there is more then enough attacking coverage at Liverpool now and i see him being used in a much more defensive role.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Will be keeping an eye on Can and Lovren (if he makes the move to Liverpool) but it depends on how our defense holds up this season compared to last. Can't see Lambert featuring in my team at all, or Remy (on the basis he moves to Liverpool, could be decent for QPR), Liverpool need someone a little more prolific at banging them in to keep challenging.

Seeing al sorts of names bandied around this morning, transfer rumours would break your heart though!

Skrtl is a little bit under the radar. He was a beast for the goals last season and if we can improve a bit clean sheets wise he'd be definitely worth considering in the more expensive defender bracket

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Skrtl is a little bit under the radar. He was a beast for the goals last season and if we can improve a bit clean sheets wise he'd be definitely worth considering in the more expensive defender bracket

Fully agree, just has to be seen how we fare up defensively once the league kicks off. I'm hoping with the introduction of Lovren (apparently deal is going through this weekend??), Enrique back from injury and more then likely the addition of another left-back before the end of the window things should be a bit tighter!

I'm more worried about that donkey Johnson, he was poison last season can't believe he got another contract he needs to be replaced too! Sakho will hopefully come good this season though after a solid performance in the World Cup.

Anyway i'm digressing, i'm optimistic for the new season and if things improve I'll definitely be looking at a Pool defender, most likely Lovren at 5.5mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Fully agree, just has to be seen how we fare up defensively once the league kicks off. I'm hoping with the introduction of Lovren (apparently deal is going through this weekend??), Enrique back from injury and more then likely the addition of another left-back before the end of the window things should be a bit tighter!

I'm more worried about that donkey Johnson, he was poison last season can't believe he got another contract he needs to be replaced too! Sakho will hopefully come good this season though after a solid performance in the World Cup.

Anyway i'm digressing, i'm optimistic for the new season and if things improve I'll definitely be looking at a Pool defender, most likely Lovren at 5.5mil.

Will Enrique be first choice.

Will Enrique be first choice.

Granted they don't bring another LB in and he is fit i would imagine so! He started the last two pre season games anyway IIRC. Would have played a lot more last season but was injured for most it.

From articles i've read online they are saying he is "the future star of Germany" I haven't seen him in action at all so cant say but other reports suggest he is developing into a similar style player as Schweinsteiger.

Bold statements... hopefully they prove to be true, i'll certainly be keeping an eye on him, at 5.5mil he offers serious value if he becomes a regular starter and makes an impact. Can't see it though as there is more then enough attacking coverage at Liverpool now and i see him being used in a much more defensive role.
    I don't think he is rounded a player as Schweinsteiger, don't think he is value at 5.5 to be honest, because he won't be playing in the sort of position you want your fantasy football players playing in.

I don't think he is rounded a player as Schweinsteiger, don't think he is value at 5.5 to be honest, because he won't be playing in the sort of position you want your fantasy football players playing in.

Oh i know, i'm just stating what i had read about him is all. the way i see it he has been brought in to replace Lucas who was never known for his massive points haul in this game BUT and it's a big but ("i like big butts :pac:") if he is the type to get forward you just never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Vid here from last night, he came on for injured Borini.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The Guinness International Champions Cup starts in America tomorrow, with the likes of Liverpool, City, United, Real, Inter and AC Milan all taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    The Guinness International Champions Cup starts in America tomorrow, with the likes of Liverpool, City, United, Real, Inter and AC Milan all taking part.

It actually started last night, AC Milan lost 3-0 to Olympiakos. No EPL teams have played yet

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Having terrible probs getting internet on holliers!Here's a quick link to 5th Bohs FF Comp launched today (will post something more comprehensive in the next few days).Don't worry if you don't get the league code quickly...I'll be back home Sunday night!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Having terrible probs getting internet on holliers!Here's a quick link to 5th Bohs FF Comp launched today (will post something more comprehensive in the next few days).Don't worry if you don't get the league code quickly...I'll be back home Sunday night!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

Think we took this thread off topic there a while back. There is actually a thread on league codes. Since you're offline I've taken the liberty of reposting out of LOI solidarity! ;)

Targett started again for Saints v Bournemouth.

Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett, S Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadic, Ramírez, Isgrove, Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ramirez catches the eye now as well, should be priced reasonable as well.

dahat wrote: »
    Ramirez catches the eye now as well, should be priced reasonable as well.

Was thinking this too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

De Jong went off injured for Newcastle last night, lasted 30m is all, some sort of toe injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dahat wrote: »
    De Jong went off injured for Newcastle last night, lasted 30m is all, some sort of toe injury.

Just a bruised toe according to the local press, he should be fine in a few days.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Just a bruised toe according to the local press, he should be fine in a few days.

Watched the first half, De Jong looked pretty decent. Gouffran scored and looked a threat too. Down as a mid and 6.5(was he classed as a forward last season???)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Watched the first half, De Jong looked pretty decent. Gouffran scored and looked a threat too. Down as a mid and 6.5(was he classed as a forward last season???)

Yeah he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings off the mark against Accrington Stanley who are they. Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Ings off the mark against Accrington Stanley who are they. Exactly.

Goal was disallowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JokerD wrote: »
    Goal was disallowed.

Thank god the league hasn't started a call like that would get me in trouble around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This Rooney bloke might be a good option at £10.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rooney fantastic goal
    mata assist ..../

mata goal
    Rooney assist :D

• Advertisement

Rooney pen
    welbeck assist

Advertisement