Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick v. Wexford, SHC QF, Semple Stadium @ 2pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

letowski wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks TJ talks at a 100mph!!!

Maybe on TV, post match... He's inclined to be excited and rushed.

Day to day TJ (I work with him) is a good few notches slower than that interview.

Delighted for him, his back room staff and the team. Would love to see them put in a performance against KK. Win, lose or draw, so long as the team perform to their potential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

bazza935 wrote: »
    Wexford found out. Never as good as some people were rating them after a few good matches

One bad game doesn't make for a bad season.

Wexford have some great hurling in them but never reached their potential today.

It will be difficult for them to pick themselves up after this but when the dust settles, their supporters can look back on a better Summer than most of them expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

corny wrote: »
    Its a symptom of the malaise that donnem33 explained (and you ignored) to you. The game, like most things in life, starts in the head. You don't get the attitude right everything goes wrong. Men don't attack the ball, they're slow to react, their lack of conviction shows in their passing/shooting etc. Can't believe this has to be explained to you.

They've had a weeks rest ffs. They weren't playing last night.

I asked him what were the signs of physical tiredness? Are you only allowed to be tired after 50 minutes of a game?

For me the most apparent part of that is that Lee Chin couldn't get away from his men in midfield. I know Browne and Ryan are electric but Chin is easily as physical and they dominated today.

To me that's not mental. You disagree, fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Well we won this easy, just as I expected. I thought easy would be 6/7 points though.

Wexford were an absolute shambles and I thought we were quite poor in the first 15 mins.

We can def trouble KK but need a big improvement on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Wexford finally found out today. Didn't expect them to capitulate to the extent they did but they wouldn't beat Limerick anyway - they're just not good enough. Physical fatigue is just an excuse. Weeks rest is more than enough for these lads - they're superfit, low body fat etc, etc. Whatever about the Clare games, the Waterford game was not in the same league as regards exertion. Wexford weren't switched on particularly in the half forward area. They got completely cleaned and Limerick were able to deliver ball after ball into the FF line. Wexford FB line couldn't withstand the deluge and Mulcahy, Dowling, Breen filled their boots. There was no ball going into McDonald so he made very little impact on the game.

Why were Wexford so flat? Maybe the hype got to them. Maybe all the rubbish about tickets. Maybe they underestimated Limerick. A focused Wexford would have put it up to Limerick more but would not have beaten them. Liam Dunne still has plenty of work ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Cody won't be worried

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Cody won't be worried

This is the attitude limerick will be hoping for, sneak in wiht no pressure behind them, much like clare last year, and maybe steal it on the day!

The 4 best teams left in the cuntry are still in it.

Limerick are outsiders at 11/2, but no one is writing us off. To beat KK, we need everything to go our way, then we can beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

citykat wrote: »
    Wexford finally found out today. Didn't expect them to capitulate to the extent they did but they wouldn't beat Limerick anyway - they're just not good enough. Physical fatigue is just an excuse. Weeks rest is more than enough for these lads - they're superfit, low body fat etc, etc. Whatever about the Clare games, the Waterford game was not in the same league as regards exertion. Wexford weren't switched on particularly in the half forward area. They got completely cleaned and Limerick were able to deliver ball after ball into the FF line. Wexford FB line couldn't withstand the deluge and Mulcahy, Dowling, Breen filled their boots. There was no ball going into McDonald so he made very little impact on the game.

Why were Wexford so flat? Maybe the hype got to them. Maybe all the rubbish about tickets. Maybe they underestimated Limerick. A focused Wexford would have put it up to Limerick more but would not have beaten them. Liam Dunne still has plenty of work ahead of him.

Not just Wexford. Every media pundit in the country tipped them to win.
    Even Cyril Farrell (as such)

washman3 wrote: »

They didn't.

But most did. Shows some punters here know as much. Considine/Jamsie O Connor were 2 I saw tipping Limk.

Wexford have a had a good campaign, but they are way behind likes of Limerick.

• Advertisement

Liam Dunne was talking about giving someone a 'real hiding' before the match if they cut down on wides. A little bit ironic. ;)

Chuckle chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This is the attitude limerick will be hoping for, sneak in wiht no pressure behind them, much like clare last year, and maybe steal it on the day!

Kilkenny don't really do complacency though. Cody won't allow it. I think limerick will really rattle Kilkenny but I can see Kilkenny winning out by 3 or 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

washman3 wrote: »

Yeah thought that was strange. Dooley, Farrell, Duignan all went for Wexford. Suits limerick fine. We do like a good ambush in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I'm no fan of Davy but he's a very good analyst in the studio. He adds a lot to the panel and discussion in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Rightwing wrote: »

Liam Dunne was talking about giving someone a 'real hiding' before the match if they cut down on wides.

He's a bigger eejit if he said that. Thought he would have been around too long to come out with something like that.

Browney7 wrote: »
    Yeah thought that was strange. Dooley, Farrell, Duignan all went for Wexford. Suits limerick fine. We do like a good ambush in fairness

Duignan has been tipping the underdog in every game since the Waterford v Cork replay Im pretty sure.

Word Is Limerick have booked the city west hotel for September already and a celebration song is due to be released in the coming days

Word Is Limerick have booked the city west hotel for September already and a celebration song is due to be released in the coming days

Booking the hotel, fair enough im sure all 4 counties have..
    Doubt a celebration song already, especially after last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Wexford lad a little on the sore side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Most Limerick fans in Semple today were no more than cautiously optimistic about facing Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Actually I think they have just taken up the Wexford cancellation .

I know it had no consequence on the game but having seen it again certain O Hanlon connected with the catching hand.

Will be interested to see if they show it again.

slegs wrote: »
    Wexford lad a little on the sore side?

Nope I'm a cat! Meow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

24 points Larry stop chewing on the sour grapes and take that home with you!Well done to Wexford on a great summer but i believed Limerick would make a huge statement today and they did just that.Of course Kilkenny will be a big challenge.The cats are a bit off their 2006 to 2009 peak but their still a very good team.However i honestly think this Limerick team will give Kilkenny one hell of a battle.They hit 16 wides today so that goes to show how dominant Limerick were but they need to cut down on such wastage from here on in.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

24 points Larry stop chewing on the sour grapes and take that home with you!Well done to Wexford on a great summer but i believed Limerick would make a huge statement today and they did just that.Of course Kilkenny will be a big challenge.The cats are a bit off their 2006 to 2009 peak but their still a very good team.However i honestly think this Limerick team will give Kilkenny one hell of a battle.They hit 16 wides today so that goes to show how dominant Limerick were but they need to cut down on such wastage from here on in.

Again I'm a Kilkenny fan! Why would I have sour grapes?
    Limerick will do a wexford on it in 2 weeks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Limerick will do a wexford on it in 2 weeks!

And we'll never win 5 in a row either

And we'll never win 5 in a row either

34 titles softens the blow!

Someone seems to be getting awfully touchy..

Nervous abous 2 weeks time are we? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

Yawn.

My Limerick mates predicted a big win, I of course never believed it. Fair balls to them. Sorry for the Wexford lads but them be the breaks.

Pity Dublin couldn't have pushed on today. The Semi's will be interesting.

• Advertisement

A bridge too far for Wexford today. Give Limerick their credit they were impressive and clinical but its probably a season too soon for Wexford. They cant be too despondent after what has been a year of real progress. They can develop into real contenders over the next few years. Whether it was lethargy or stage fright today (or perhaps even both) there is certainly not the gulf in class that the scoreline suggested. In time it could be a good thing to keep them grounded.

Advertisement