Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian Airline shot down

Options
  • 17-07-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Just seen that aircraft had been shot down. Was thinking about who done it, the Russians? The Ukrainians?
    But here is a thought, also seeing that Israeli ground invasion of Gaza strip started just after under the cover of this flight terrorist attack, could it be possible that some special ops section of the Israeli army taken out the flight as a media cover for their invasion.

Maybe its all a coincidence, but I was thinking along the lines of who benifits from the crash, and I believe Israels public relations will be quite happy to have world news covering the flight disaster rather than the invasion...

What does anybody else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It was definitely not Israel who shot that plan down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

it could have been Israel, it could have been any country, I suppose that's the whole thing about speculation.

But I don't know how your so sure.
    They are the only group to benifit from the crash so I think its merits thought.

Can you think of any other group that will benifit from the shooting down of the airline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 RiteofPassage

Israel had nothing to do with the shooting down of that flight.

shanered wrote: »
    it could have been Israel, it could have been any country, I
    Can you think of any other group that will benifit from the shooting down of the airline?

US- Putin established BRIC bank last night. Has forged closer links with Cuba.

However just because it would benefit them, doesn't mean they had anything to do with it.

Nobody here can say for definite who carried out the attack.

Unless you have some inside information your not sharing?
    This is a forum for speculation, and your definitive answer does not address my post.
    Can you see how it will help Israeli Public Relations will be happy that a major event will over shadow their ground invasion of the Gaza strip?My thinking only follows that line.

Do you believe anybody other than Israel benifits from the airline crash?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This is a forum for speculation, and your definitive answer does not address my post.
    Can you see how it will help Israeli Public Relations will be happy that a major event will over shadow their ground invasion of the Gaza strip?My thinking only follows that line.

Maybe it was like, you know, just an accident...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I doubt even Goebbels word have come up with propaganda like that

The US has the most to gain from this, they have a proven track record of downing civilian planes. Shepherd Smith was literally foaming at the mouth on Fox. Jumping to all sorts of conclusions before any facts were established.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mulbot

Israel had nothing to do with the shooting down of that flight.

yea they're too busy using their weapons on little children playing on the beach

Very true, maybe an accident.
    But that's not what the conspiracy theory forum is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

How are you so sure the plane was shot down . I think it was too but it hasn't been confirmed has it ?

Very true, maybe an accident.
    But that's not what the conspiracy theory forum is for.

I always thought it was to discuss something that had some sort of merit and not just try and latch a conspiracy onto every event that happens ever.

The US has the most to gain from this, they have a proven track record of downing civilian planes. Shepherd Smith was literally foaming at the mouth on Fox. Jumping to all sorts of conclusions before any facts were established.

American media and Israel are joined at the hip in my opinion.
    Israel/US are the closest allies. They both benifit from this.

People in power are inherently corrupt individuals, who love to lie and always believe that their way is correct. They also love money and sex.

A direct result of this is lots of conspiracies, and efforts to cover them up.

In the thousands of years of human existence, the corruption and greed of those in power is the only constant.

People didn't change in the past 70 years. Just got better at hiding things.

American media and Israel are joined at the hip in my opinion.
    Israel/US are the closest allies. They both benifit from this.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

I always thought it was to discuss something that had some sort of merit and not just try and latch a conspiracy onto every event that happens ever.

I believe there is the slightest chance of possibility of this, merit is subjective, you don't see any, fine.
    Im not trying to convince anybody, just speculating.
    But if one was to latch a conspiracy to any event, I wish I could with ever event as you say but id be worn out, I reckon this forum is the place...

I believe that Shanered has every right to discuss this here. As is the forums charter. It is a theory he has on a possible conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

There is really only one of two groups who could have shot down the airliner , ukrainian military ( who accused the russian airforce of shooting down one of their jets so are likely to have had their antiaircraft missiles/batteries in the area).
    Or the Russian military,( I doubt the independent republic of Donetsk went to spar to buy a few antiaircraft missile systems, and the missiles to replace what they've used and then found a few complete fully trained crews down the back of the couch. So they're Russian army, )
    No yanks, israelis, Turks or Australians (well maybe the Aussies )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I believe there is the slightest chance of possibility of this, merit is subjective, you don't see any, fine.
    Im not trying to convince anybody, just speculating.
    But if one was to latch a conspiracy to any event, I wish I could with ever event as you say but id be worn out, I reckon this forum is the place...

I don't post here and you obviously know more about how the forum works but I would have thought there had to be some cause for discussion.
    You're basically asking others if they can find a theory in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah, maybe we arranged it to cover up the trouble with Garth Brooks.

• Advertisement

Your right it is wild speculation.
    But the nature of this forum is exactly that.

Your right it is wild speculation.
    But the nature of this forum is exactly that.

Fair enough, I've misunderstood how it works so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'm pretty sure Israel had nothing whatsoever to do with this.

However I would I imagine that when news broke of the plane incident they maybe thought that now was a pretty good time to laun h a ground invasion of Gaza so they may have capitalised on the incident even if they didn't carry it out which I'm sure they did not.

That's also a good speculation, maybe just a good time to capitalize, maybe part of a larger planned invasion and media cover in the USA and other western countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems like the most likely cause is a mistake by an inexperienced operator on the rebel side, operating stolen or acquired SAMs.

Although I was also thinking about the nature of the flight itself - Kuala Lumpur bound from Amsterdam in July. Probably chock full of Europeans on their way to backpack or holiday or whatever.

Could have been a deliberate attempt to goad the EU into getting involved. Everyone has an interest in it:

Ukraine - get the EU involved and they have serious firepower backing them up
    Rebels - It would require Russia to get involved directly
    Russia - It gives them an excuse to begin further invasions into Ukraine in the interests of "protecting Russians from EU forces"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

FLIGHT_PATH_MAP_zps59d0b5c8.png

ALLTHEDOYLES

Source???

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What sort of warped mind would think Israel shot this plane down?

How would they get such large weapons into Ukraine?

How can people say they want to deflect attention when the story of Gaza is getting huge coverage.

Also, Israel has invaded Gaza before without any other deflection plans.

It's a very poor conspiracy theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Some juice for yas... This is straight from the Corr !

"Malaysia airlines Flight 17 first flew 17 July 1997 until
    17 July 2014 when it was downed 17 years later. There is an occult significance to this for those in the know"

Advertisement