Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

I'm starting to think with Kompany out, Pellegrini would want to play Zabaleta in every game now as he is his most experienced defender and would give the back 4 some stability. Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Sagna would be viewed as more defensive minded but I guess Zab still plays most games if not all, but there is that little risk.
    Great attacking potential with him if we knew he was sure to play all the Christmas games.
    As I see it only Demichelis now sure to start the games now if fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm starting to think with Kompany out, Pellegrini would want to play Zabaleta in every game now as he is his most experienced defender and would give the back 4 some stability. Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

i'm pretty sure Sagna will play 1 of the games, most likely GW19 H to Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sagna could play cb too. Did it many times for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure Sagna will play 1 of the games, most likely GW19 H to Burnley

Agree.

Dimichelis is now a very viable option. Think I'll be holding offf on their attackers again this week.

Nasri is interesting, but too many unknowns.

FHFC wrote: »
    Agree.

Dimichelis is now a very viable option. Think I'll be holding offf on their attackers again this week.

Nasri is interesting, but too many unknowns.

i'm thinking the way things are, Palace H may not be a goal-fest next week. WBA A after could be tricky. The Burnley game i'm thinking could be the one for real potential to profit from, a little bit of educated guessing might help in regards to who will lineup, with it just 2 days after the previous round of fixtures. i might possibly get in DeMichelis this week with my extra f/t, and then hopefully have 2 f/t's by the time GW19 rolls around, and play as see fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

Anyone having problems logging onto FFFix.com? Says my details arent correct but I can log on to the FPL site ok

Happened me yesterday. Was fine again today. Don't know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i'm thinking the way things are, Palace H may not be a goal-fest next week. WBA A after could be tricky. The Burnley game i'm thinking could be the one for real potential to profit from, a little bit of educated guessing might help in regards to who will lineup, with it just 2 days after the previous round of fixtures. i might possibly get in DeMichelis this week with my extra f/t, and then hopefully have 2 f/t's by the time GW19 rolls around, and play as see fit

Lampard and pozo gw 19

Lampard and pozo gw 19

Could be epic. Jov could be knocking around again by then though.

I'd be thinking Silva maybe, still fancy Benteke for a forward slot around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Could be epic. Jov could be knocking around again by then though.

I'd be thinking Silva maybe, still fancy Benteke for a forward slot around then.

Benteke to me still looks rusty. Watching MoTD he had a couple of chances and didn't even get them on target.

I don't think he's fulfilled the promise he showed in his first season.

As well as that, he's in a struggling Villa team that don't score many goals.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Benteke to me still looks rusty. Watching MoTD he had a couple of chances and didn't even get them on target.

Yeah he's on my radar for 3 excellent fixtures around then, but wwould need to show some form in the meantime too!

• Advertisement

i think thats very harsh. he was quality v Leicester and very unlucky not to add to his assist; v WBA he spent most of the game with his team down to 10 men!! you can't seriously be judging him based on that

Lampard and pozo gw 19

All aboard the Pozo bus eh :p perfect would be if Jovetic was back for Burnley - transfer in and captain him. if Lampard sits out GW18 then GW19 could be a serious option. As is, i'm leaning towards Nasri as an attacking option, but sitting on the fence for the mo'

i think thats very harsh. he was quality v Leicester and very unlucky not to add to his assist; v WBA he spent most of the game with his team down to 10 men!! you can't seriously be judging him based on that

So he played against the joint worst defence in the league and just returned an assist and you reckon he can't be judged on that? For me, he isn't getting enough of the chances he gets on target.

Great chance at the end of the game yesterday and he put it over the top.

Bony is around the same price iirc and looks the far more promising of the two. Austin is cheaper and a better option.

So he played against the joint worst defence in the league and just returned an assist and you reckon he can't be judged on that? For me, he isn't getting enough of the chances he gets on target.

Great chance at the end of the game yesterday and he put it over the top.

Bony is around the same price iirc and looks the far more promising of the two. Austin is cheaper and a better option.

it wasn't a great chance yesterday. the ball came at him quickly with 2 defenders in front of him, and yeah, he snatched at it a bit. certainly not a great chance tho, more a sign of the limited chances Villa got playing with 10 men. re. Leicester, Man City only managed 1 goal v them, i watched Villa against them and Benteke was excellent, 2 fabulous saves from Schmeichel denying him, he got the assist, and for perspective, it was his first match in a while, after sitting out the previous 3 through suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

it wasn't a great chance yesterday. the ball came at him quickly with 2 defenders in front of him, and yeah, he snatched at it a bit. certainly not a great chance tho, more a sign of the limited chances Villa got playing with 10 men. re. Leicester, Man City only managed 1 goal v them, i watched Villa against them and Benteke was excellent, 2 fabulous saves from Schmeichel denying him, he got the assist, and for perspective, it was his first match in a while, after sitting out the previous 3 through suspension

I'm sorry but one of those shots was not a fabulous save. He should have scored 10 times out of 10 but headed it directly at the keeper.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm sorry but one of those shots was not a fabulous save. He should have scored 10 times out of 10 but headed it directly at the keeper.

point blank save. and it wasn't straight at Smeichel. he dived to his left to save. super save

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lads, I see Lampard being mentioned here and there and to be honest he was under my radar for GW19. But doesn't the fact he only got 59 min yesterday scare you?
    We're all assuming Pellegrini will play like Milner 70/80 min GW18 than Lampard 70/80 min GW19... What if He plays them 45/<60 min each game? As I said in another thread Lampard, despite being the sole scorer yesterday "only" returned 6 pts (only the joint 4th highest scorer).

With all City injuries can't we expect one or several of Yaya, Silva and Nasri to play all games? I'm particularly thinking about the former 2 since Silva is back from a long enough injury and he wasn't rushed back. So should be fresh enough to endure the festive period run of games And Yaya already got his rest through suspension in the CL and as someone pointed out to me might also get his rest through suspension in the PL which is not so bad since it'll prevent the horrific 1 pt cameo.

So a player missing a few matches is now an excuse? He was fit and training. He should be sharp and ready when he gets back. Raring to go.

City played Leicester away with no recognised striker.

We can agree to disagree but for me better options are available. I'd be going for Bony, Austin or Giroud ahead of Benteke.

I think some posters have fond memories of his hat trick two seasons ago and he's a bit overstated on this forum to be honest.

So a player missing a few matches is now an excuse? He was fit and training. He should be sharp and ready when he gets back. Raring to go.

City played Leicester away with no recognised striker.

We can agree to disagree but for me better options are available. I'd be going for Bony, Austin or Giroud ahead of Benteke.

I think some posters have fond memories of his hat trick two seasons ago and he's a bit overstated on this forum to be honest.

there's other options, for sure. immediately, Austin(GW17), and Giroud(GW18), then GW19/20 both look decent for Benteke & Austin. Tbh a lot will probably have 2 of the above going forward.

There's no substitute for proper match practice. I watched the whole game v Leicester (since i had Tekkers captained :D) and i was very impressed. we'll definitely agree to disagree, Benteke for me is a very dangerous player, and if he keeps fit, i can see him getting some nice points hauls between now and the end of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

point blank save. and it wasn't straight at Smeichel. he dived to his left to save. super save

8:30 in. Was a weak header and a standard save for a PL goalkeeper.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    8:30 in. Was a weak header and a standard save for a PL goalkeeper.

ive seen the save again. hardly a standard save. but whatever suits your argument

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ive seen the save again. hardly a standard save. but whatever suits your argument

It was straight at him in fairness, it would have been harder not to save it. Benteke had plenty of the goal to aim for and should have done better imo.

It was straight at him in fairness, it would have been harder not to save it. Benteke had plenty of the goal to aim for and should have done better imo.

it wasnt tho...

It was an absolutely super save.

Harder not to save it lol. You're funny. Commentators raved about it, post match analysis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

it wasnt tho...

It was an absolutely super save.

Harder not to save it lol. You're funny. Commentators raved about it, post match analysis too.

It was a save that any PL keeper would be expected to make, I don't see what the big deal is about it to be honest but that's just my opinion so we'll agree to disagree!

Has Dawson been dropped for WBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Has Dawson been dropped for WBA?

Yes, McAuley has taken his place.

Anyone else a bit 'meh' with their squad? I know mine certainly isn't bad but i can't shake the feeling that it could be better!

Guzan Gilks
    Baines Clichy Isla O'Shea Dummett
    Eriksen Sterling Sanchez Hazard Siggy
    Costa Austin Giroud

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone else a bit 'meh' with their squad? I know mine certainly isn't bad but i can't shake the feeling that it could be better!

Guzan Gilks
    Costa Austin Giroud

I think the feeling you're experienceing is "happy with your squad". It's one that affects very few of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Guzan Gilks
    Costa Austin Giroud

Definitely have that feeling. I could take or leave a few players:

Siggy
    Baines
    Rooney
    Costa
    Chambers
    Guzan
    Oscar

All them I could happy change if I had a WC, but having said that I've been making steady progress recently, so not inclined to start taking big hits to sort it out.

• Advertisement

Definitely have that feeling. I could take or leave a few players:

Siggy
    Baines
    Rooney
    Costa
    Chambers
    Guzan
    Oscar

All them I could happy change if I had a WC, but having said that I've been making steady progress recently, so not inclined to start taking big hits to sort it out.

I honestly can't remember a season where so many players were vying for our attention. That's the headache really. Bony i fear not having at the moment, Downing likewise (and i never thought i'd say that), and there's a bunch of other players making a good cause for inclusion. Costa i'm inclined to hold on to, i still feel he's likely to have big gameweeks, he's just too good. Siggy is just such a quality player and i can't bring myself to ditch him either. Austin has been on fire and tasty fixtures til the new year. Giroud i got in primarily with GW18 in mind. Sterling is falling in price but i just can't bring myself to ditch him - he's looked excellent lately without matching the performances with returns (DeGea masterclass didn't help :mad:) - i hope i'm not being blinded by my L.F.C. goggles but i'm confident enough my patience will be rewarded in keeping him. Baines is a bit of a headache. Such poor returns lately...:confused: but honestly i'll probably keep him til the Jan WC and re-assess then

Advertisement