Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

865 leads the Finn Harps Paid League which is my Holy Grail. I've just dropped to third on 825.

I'm in a good free on in a local newspaper which I've been leading for a while, but lost that lead this week too. Top score 828.

Bohs FPL leader on 865 also (same fella as Harps one) but I'm back in 8th there so a higher standard.

I lead the league in my office (with €80 in the pot) by 127 points at this stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Out of curiosity lads, what kinda scores are leading yere main/cash leagues?

775 leads mine and I'm second on 763. Then there's 2 behind me on 762. Tis fairly bunched up!

844 leads my main cash and bragging rights league, I'm currently 2nd on 823 with everyone in the top 5 over 800. It's a fairly competitive league with 66 entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm on 839 and have a 75 point lead in my private league. I'm the only Boyd owner in my league as well but I bet a few lads will bring him in this week after his recent impressive displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

811 and leading by 21 points

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fairly high standard set by yourself!

I notice I'm the only person in my main league with George Boyd!

FSA forum info prevails :)

I have had Boyd and Aguero since my gw3 wildcard, proving great buys. Gotta love Boyd,played him 3 times and scores twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

FHFC wrote: »

Bohs FPL leader on 865 also (same fella as Harps one) but I'm back in 8th there so a higher standard.
    :D

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm on 846 points and lead one of my money leagues by 31 points. Other one by 126 :D. Boards Pay League leader is on 865 points

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I lead 5 of my cash leagues on 815 points. The other 3 cash leagues I'm in - boards.ie (leader 865, my position 10th), IPB (leader 832, my position 4th), exec game (835, my position 3rd)

Cash H2H leagues I lead 2 of them with 40 and 33 points respectively.
    In the other 2 leader has 31 points (boards.ie H2H, 25 pts for me and 8th place), next the leader has 31pts also (IPB H2H, 24 pts for me and 4th place)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

834 leads the one I really want to win so I have my work cut, currently in 7th with 792.

You don't have your work cut out at all. There's loads of time to go. 836 leads my work one and I'm on 795. I'm actually delighted with where I am given the time of season.

Xmas will sort the men from the boys.

I'm 2nd in my main personal cash league on 795. It's okay though because the missus' team is winning it on 803! Next closest to us in on 763.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

kennyb3 wrote: »

Di Maria won't be apparently. It'll be the Liverpool game he hopes to get back for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Some pretty impressive scores being posted here.

Currently, I'm on 682. But I'm confident that with all the time left in the season I can drop even further off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

865 leads the Finn Harps Paid League which is my Holy Grail. I've just dropped to third on 825.

I'm in a good free on in a local newspaper which I've been leading for a while, but lost that lead this week too. Top score 828.

I lead the league in my office (with €80 in the pot) by 127 points at this stage. :D

This is the one I'm after aswell and the past 6 weeks has got me back in with a chance.

This is the one I'm after aswell and the past 6 weeks has got me back in with a chance.

Always knew I was likely to regret promoting it on here! :(

Gillespie Road is breathing down my neck in the Letterkenny Post one, trip to a PL match for the winner there. Ye hoo-ers will be all over that next year too I suppose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Always knew I was likely to regret promoting it on here! :(

Gillespie Road is breathing down my neck in the Letterkenny Post one, trip to a PL match for the winner there. Ye hoo-ers will be all over that next year too I suppose!!

The Limerick Leader used to run a very good FPL competition with fantastic prizes but they stopped because most of the entrants and winners hadn't even heard of the newspaper, don't let the same happen to yours.

After last night I've made huge jumps in all my leagues, even the boards pay league seems like an achievable goal now, my team value is gonna kill me but I've decided that I'm not going to chase value or make early transfers this year, I'm hoping to offset that by taking occasional points hits to ensure good short term fixtures

The Limerick Leader used to run a very good FPL competition with fantastic prizes but they stopped because most of the entrants and winners hadn't even heard of the newspaper, don't let the same happen to yours.

After last night I've made huge jumps in all my leagues, even the boards pay league seems like an achievable goal now, my team value is gonna kill me but I've decided that I'm not going to chase value or make early transfers this year, I'm hoping to offset that by taking occasional points hits to ensure good short term fixtures

The Harps one is a fundraiser, any man who pays his €20 wont be turned away.

The newspaper free on will hardly be on too many radars come next August.....hopefully.

The Harps one is a fundraiser, any man who pays his €20 wont be turned away.

The newspaper free on will hardly be on too many radars come next August.....hopefully.

It was the newspaper one I meant, a prize of a trip to a premier league game is fantastic, they mightn't be too happy when the winner turns out to be from West Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just got a text from my best mate "one more year at Fantasy before I pack it in for good, Jesus I'm f***ing useless at it"

I normally take great joy in his uselessness :) but that text actually makes me feel a tiny bit sorry for him.

He was a cracking footballer, knows his football inside out but when it comes to Fantasy he's just diabolical.... the fact that he knows his football makes it all the worse/better.

I was half tempted to tell him about this forum.... I'm nearly 200 points ahead of him already this year, and it kills him.
    I don't want to "lose" him as it's my go to put down for him ;) if he steps out of line there's always the " didn't I beat you by 300 points last year" card.

What would you do?
    Might tell him about fantasy football scout or something like that. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

PARlance wrote: »
    Just got a text from my best mate "one more year at Fantasy before I pack it in for good, Jesus I'm f***ing useless at it"

I normally take great joy in his uselessness :) but that text actually makes me feel a tiny bit sorry for him.

He was a cracking footballer, knows his football inside out but when it comes to Fantasy he's just diabolical.... the fact that he knows his football makes it all the worse/better.

I was half tempted to tell him about this forum.... I'm nearly 200 points ahead of him already this year, and it kills him.
    I don't want to "lose" him as it's my go to put down for him ;) if he steps out of line there's always the " didn't I beat you by 300 points last year" card.

What would you do?

Yeh sometimes football people just don't get it! I used to work in Paddy Power and I remember one of the football traders showing me his team and he was like look how well balanced it is he didn't mean that he spent the money evenly he had it set up to play 442 with players playing in their correct positions he even had a holding midfielder!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What would you do?

Tell him nothing.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tell him nothing.

:D

Vicious Kev, vicious. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

What would you do?

Say nothing - come august he wont be able to resist the lure of playing :)

Interesting quandary, I'd be very interested to know how many of us are open about our boards lives, or is a dirty little secret like mine. I'm sure there are lurkers who might have figured out who I am from other forums but I don't think my FSA persona gives away anything except that I'm a Spurs fan who likes an argument:o My real name is on my team of course but would anybody really care??
    So, do other people in the real world know you post here??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Interesting quandary, I'd be very interested to know how many of us are open about our boards lives, or is a dirty little secret like mine. I'm sure there are lurkers who might have figured out who I am from other forums but I don't think my FSA persona gives away anything except that I'm a Spurs fan who likes an argument:o My real name is on my team of course but would anybody really care??
    So, do other people in the real world know you post here??

I think so, I've had instances that have led me to believe so, but no concrete indications.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Quick Q, what are people's thoughts on Siggy v Boyd this week, I have to bench one of them...

They both seem to pretty useless away this season, value dictates I should play Siggy but I think Burnley have the better fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I just went to log in to FPL, and before the page loaded, a landscape background covered in snow appeared, momentarily. Is this a sign there is a big freeze on the way? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Quick Q, what are people's thoughts on Siggy v Boyd this week, I have to bench one of them...

They both seem to pretty useless away this season, value dictates I should play Siggy but I think Burnley have the better fixture.

I have both. It's Siggy for me, regardless of fixtures. They have the same number of goals, but Siggy has 8 assists to Boyd's 0!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I have both. It's Siggy for me, regardless of fixtures. They have the same number of goals, but Siggy has 8 assists to Boyd's 0!

Good point, note to self, use soccerway and FPL for stats. Cheers, decision made.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    I just went to log in to FPL, and before the page loaded, a landscape background covered in snow appeared, momentarily. Is this a sign there is a big freeze on the way? :-/

Winter is coming :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tell him nothing.

I agree. All's fair in love and war...and fantasy football!

Advertisement