Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    Just got a text from my best mate "one more year at Fantasy before I pack it in for good, Jesus I'm f***ing useless at it"

I normally take great joy in his uselessness :) but that text actually makes me feel a tiny bit sorry for him.

He was a cracking footballer, knows his football inside out but when it comes to Fantasy he's just diabolical.... the fact that he knows his football makes it all the worse/better.

I was half tempted to tell him about this forum.... I'm nearly 200 points ahead of him already this year, and it kills him.
    I don't want to "lose" him as it's my go to put down for him ;) if he steps out of line there's always the " didn't I beat you by 300 points last year" card.

What would you do?
    Might tell him about fantasy football scout or something like that. Decisions.

I have a friend like that. A few years back I wasn't taking the game too seriously (around 08) for a season or two and he moved ahead of me around December and never shut up for the month. I took an interest again and quickly went above him by February!

I know of at least a couple of people in my private leagues that come on here but I don't think knowing my moves overly helps them. Towards the end of the season I generally might go a bit quieter about my own team if needed, as well as post the odd red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,120 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm edging towards dropping Coleman in favour of:
    Hutton (Lei H) Yun (Burnley H) Chambers (Stoke A)

Would anyone do any different?

Coleman will be downgraded in the next week or so for Chelsea def

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That's a tough one. Coleman doesn't haven penos in his locker like Baines, so I would probably bench him in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hutton seems like the obvious choice for playing. Villa have been solid in defense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have a friend like that. A few years back I wasn't taking the game too seriously (around 08) for a season or two and he moved ahead of me around December and never shut up for the month. I took an interest again and quickly went above him by February!

I know of at least a couple of people in my private leagues that come on here but I don't think knowing my moves overly helps them. Towards the end of the season I generally might go a bit quieter about my own team if needed, as well as post the odd red herring.

That's just mean. There are people who worship you on here.

I've secretly been selling black market Lemlin dolls to some of your fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »

I would expect any of my worshippers to know that the likes if Danny Graham shall never be seen in my team!

Lemlin wrote: »
    I would expect any of my worshippers to know that the likes if Danny Graham shall never be seen in my team!

Incorrect, they'd be wondering what you know that they don't. Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »

I might be able to get me hands on a job lot of Lemlin's photocopied arse later on this evening, do you think you could shift them:pac:

I might be able to get me hands on a job lot of Lemlin's photocopied arse later on this evening, do you think you could shift them:pac:

Moore street 'shift' or teenage disco in the country 'shift'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sounds more like an upgrade to me:D

I got rid of Baines and Brought Azpi in - not because he scored this week but because he is a Chelsea defender.

• Advertisement

Nigel Winterburn is coming :eek:

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

anyone for an Aguero Conundrum thread!

anyone for an Aguero Conundrum thread!

It's causing me a headache.
    I've got Costa and am going to hold onto Austin.

Sahko had a massive impact today and he has jumped up right alongside Bony & Rooney as my early favourites.
    Hoping he doesn't drop for another few days as I wouldn't mind some thinking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

It's causing me a headache.
    I've got Costa and am going to hold onto Austin.

Sahko had a massive impact today and he has jumped up right alongside Bony & Rooney as my early favourites.
    Hoping he doesn't drop for another few days as I wouldn't mind some thinking time.

I can afford for him to drop as I bought at 12.2. Hopefully I will know what to do by the time he drops .2

I'll most likely be holding Aguero for this week and then shipping. I bought at 12.1m so will lose 0.1m at least, but it helps that my ear-marked replacement Austin also looks like dropping.

Anyone know how to get the points total for the player ranked X,Y,Z?

RoryC used to post the points totals for several ranking intervals last year and it was very handy.
    I seem to remember he said that it was fairly easy to do... he just input the rank he wanted into a URL? Can't remember exactly how he did it.
    Does anyone else know how to?

If so, I'll start posting a weekly round up of points required to get you to certain ranks.

RoryC used to post the points totals for several ranking intervals last year and it was very handy.
    I seem to remember he said that it was fairly easy to do... he just input the rank he wanted into a URL? Can't remember exactly how he did it.

If so, I'll start posting a weekly round up of points required to get you to certain ranks.

I use the Gargatron, which tells me points behind/ahead of certain ranks. Working backwards, here are a few bench points:

Rank 1: 987 points
    Rank 100: 920 points
    Rank 1000: 887 points
    Rank 5000: 858 points
    Rank 10000: 843 points
    Rank 50000: 803 points
    Rank 100000: 783 points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

PM Rory!! I'm sure he'd tell you. I'd be interested to know too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I use the Gargatron, which tells me points behind/ahead of certain ranks. Working backwards, here are a few bench points:

Rank 1: 987 points
    Rank 100: 920 points
    Rank 1000: 887 points
    Rank 5000: 858 points
    Rank 10000: 843 points
    Rank 50000: 803 points
    Rank 100000: 783 points

I'm 20 off top 10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm 20 off top 10,000

23 off top 100:D

Long way to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Debuchy has been named in the Arsenal line up for tomorrow night, with Chambers at CB. Would expect them to line up at Anfield in GW17 with a back 4 of Debuchy, Kos, Mert and Gibbs so this week might be a good week to move Chambers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Debuchy has been named in the Arsenal line up for tomorrow night, with Chambers at CB. Would expect them to line up at Anfield in GW17 with a back 4 of Debuchy, Kos, Mert and Gibbs so this week might be a good week to move Chambers on.

Thanks for that. Have moved him on earlier,price sure to drop back to 4.5 pretty quickly now.

Ya I'm moving Chambers out and I'm not too fussed as he was on the chopping board already. He has forced my hand but it was going to happen anyway and while it'll be part of a -4 at least I'm banking the profit this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Aguero being injured I managed to get Terry on for him with a replacement CF on trial tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone keeping an eye on Mata, this is his 3rd start in a row. At 8.4 he's a bargain if he keeps his place, will always score goals. Will he be straight out for Di-Maria when he comes back?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone keeping an eye on Mata, this is his 3rd start in a row. At 8.4 he's a bargain if he keeps his place, will always score goals. Will he be straight out for Di-Maria when he comes back?

He'll be dropped when Falcao is back and Rooney drops deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Looks like I'll have 9 players playing at home this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Sanchez has played 1 hour more in all comps this season than any other top flight player according to sky sports last night, with Wengers comments last weekend about him being in the injury 'red zone' i dont think there is any doubt he will be getting a rest over christmas even if he doesn't play tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Costa starts tomorrow night per Mourinho.

Gulp!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Costa starts tomorrow night per Mourinho.

Gulp!

Lovely, he deserves and needs the rest, a wise move by Jose not to play him :)

Advertisement