Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Costa starts tomorrow night per Mourinho.

Gulp!

Costa plays and rests for Hazard and Terry, perfect :D

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/542301286470021120

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

That changes Everything .........hull at home could easily see drogba start now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mourinho said Costa wasn't fit so I am presuming he means match fitness. He'll probably give him 70 minutes & he will ready for the weekend. Delighted with my Fab ---> Hazard transfer now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    That changes Everything .........hull at home could easily see drogba start now

Drogba will probably get game time over xmas, and is fairly cheap - could nearly be the third striker, and go for someone else other than costa as first/second choice now that Aguero is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The last few seasons have called and they want their inform players back :eek:

Goals for RVP, Yaya, Ramsey, Gerrard, Drogba, Carroll and Cisse in the last few days to name but a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The last few seasons have called and they want their inform players back :eek:

Goals for RVP, Yaya, Ramsey, Gerrard, Drogba, Carroll and Cisse in the last few days to name but a few.

Lampard looks a decent bet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lampard looks a decent bet so.

Podolski got 2 aswell. The times they are a-changin'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Podolski got 2 aswell. The times they are a-changin'

I don't think he was ever an in-form player for any extended period though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think he was ever an in-form player for any extended period though.

shown a lot of glimpses though, think was last season, he score 4/5 goals over a short period of time, then either got injured or dropped. Surprised he hans't left Arsenal, there is a lot of attacking options - whose going to be dropped for when Walcott comes back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm probably at the best rank I've ever been at this stage, 23k. But the leader of one of my private leagues is 100 points ahead so I went to check his ranking...

52!!!

In the world!!!

With 928 points!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

400px-GBUSpecial_Review_Cemetery.png

I went through last season City PL games and here are their respective figures (goals + assists).
    | Agüero | Silva | Yaya | | Agüero + Silva | Agüero + Yaya | Silva + Yaya
    Agüero | 0+1/2 | 1+1/2 | 7+1/10 | | | | 9+7/11
    Silva | 0/2 | 1+1/4 | 3+7/18 | | | 3+4/11 |
    Yaya | 4+4/10 | 8+1/18 | 5+1/10 | | 3+3/11 | |

So. When the 3 played together, Yaya and Silva offered similar returns. Agüero benefitting from this association.

When Agüero is out, which is the current situation, the Yaya-Silva association benefits significantly to Yaya (43 pts vs 36 to which you have to add BPs which will increase this difference).

One thing to note though is Yaya was rarely subbed after the hour mark compared to both Agüero & Silva and these 15 to 30 extra minutes allowed him to increase again his returns over Silva.

Now is this difference worth £2.0m? Up to yours :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

League leader in my cash league has taken a -16 :O ( 5 transfers - 1 FT)
    I'll have him caught before the game week starts :P
    93156fadbf35a9d19b8b304153ce365f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »

That would change things alright I wonder if they would go with the late deadline on the Friday so we'd know the line ups like often happens midweek now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

jimmii wrote: »
    That would change things alright I wonder if they would go with the late deadline on the Friday so we'd know the line ups like often happens midweek now.

I'd say so

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

If Ronaldo or Messi joined Chelsea, Man City or Man United, what value do you guys think they would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Irish94 wrote: »
    If Ronaldo or Messi joined Chelsea, Man City or Man United, what value do you guys think they would be?

14 million is the max they put a player's price at I think so yeah 14m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

14m?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Do you think there would be a different price if they joined WestHam, Southampton or Arsenal? Just asking because the probability of this happening anytime soon is pretty much the same:D

Spanish fantasy league must be really boring btw - you only pick 5 players who are your differentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think a Hull defender (I know, I know) might be decent value over Christmas.

Chester has played 90 minutes the last 3 weeks, is available at £4.4m and Hull have the following from now until the end of January: SWA, sun, LEI, EVE, wba, whu, NEW.

I'm just thinking out loud but with Debuchy now back for Arsenal, it may be a good idea to cash out the profit on Chambers and free up some extra money with the above's decent fixtures.

Does anyone know if Chester is just covering for injury the last few weeks, or has Davies been dropped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think I'll be getting rid of Chambers by the end of the night. Chester seems like a good option...

Hopefully there will be no surprises today and I can make a straightforward transfer

jebforever wrote: »
    14 million is the max they put a player's price at I think so yeah 14m.

I doubt its a set in stone rule just they have never felt a player justified it.

wonski wrote: »
    Do you think there would be a different price if they joined WestHam, Southampton or Arsenal? Just asking because the probability of this happening anytime soon is pretty much the same:D

Spanish fantasy league must be really boring btw - you only pick 5 players who are your differentials.

Pretty sure the chances of Ronaldo joining United are a little better than West Ham! Would be good to see him at the Hammers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Paully D wrote: »
    I think a Hull defender (I know, I know) might be decent value over Christmas.

Chester has played 90 minutes the last 3 weeks, is available at £4.4m and Hull have the following from now until the end of January: SWA, sun, LEI, EVE, wba, whu, NEW.

I'm just thinking out loud but with Debuchy now back for Arsenal, it may be a good idea to cash out the profit on Chambers and free up some extra money with the above's decent fixtures.

Does anyone know if Chester is just covering for injury the last few weeks, or has Davies been dropped?

Yes That's something I pointed out when doing my GK analysis. Hull Christmas fixtures are very decent. Thing is at the time it was hard to pick a GK for them. Chester brings back some nice FF memories too :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pellegrini says he thinks it's "impossible" for Kompany or Dzeko to play again this calender year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

City in tatters with Dzeko and Kompany out till New Year, and Jovetic for maybe a 'couple of weeks'.

How do yous think City will line up now!!?

Today raised even more questions about their attacking line up when we were expecting to get answers....

How was Pozo today? Is he really a viable man to lead the line for a couple of games? I wonder might Silva get a run up front / false 9 and Lampard also more gametime!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Would be very surprised to see Silva play as false 9, but then again options are so limited it can't be discounted. Silva dropped deep a lot today, that's what's putting me off him. Nasri was further forward and notched an assist to back up the goal and assist he got midweek. Very tempted to go with him. Yaya also got forward a fair bit and with pens in his locker is definitely an option. Throw Lampard in to the mix and things become less clear. Very difficult to decide which way to go, as I still do feel a City attacker is essential over the coming gameweeks. And re. defenders, Mangala/DeMichelis suddenly become very attractive if Kompany is confirmed out til Jan, as they're virtually guaranteed starts. Mangala notched the 3 bonus today to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone having problems logging onto FFFix.com? Says my details arent correct but I can log on to the FPL site ok

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

manual_man wrote: »
    Would be very surprised to see Silva play as false 9, but then again options are so limited it can't be discounted. Silva dropped deep a lot today, that's what's putting me off him. Nasri was further forward and notched an assist to back up the goal and assist he got midweek. Very tempted to go with him. Yaya also got forward a fair bit and with pens in his locker is definitely an option. Throw Lampard in to the mix and things become less clear. Very difficult to decide which way to go, as I still do feel a City attacker is essential over the coming gameweeks. And re. defenders, Mangala/DeMichelis suddenly become very attractive if Kompany is confirmed out til Jan, as they're virtually guaranteed starts. Mangala notched the 3 bonus today to boot

Mangala is on 4 yellows unfortunately.
    Demichelis looks like he is set to play the next 3-4 games without the others rotation risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mangala is on 4 yellows unfortunately.
    Demichelis looks like he is set to play the next 3-4 games without the others rotation risk.

I'm starting to think with Kompany out, Pellegrini would want to play Zabaleta in every game now as he is his most experienced defender and would give the back 4 some stability. Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Advertisement