Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines plane shot down in Ukraine near Russian border[Mod warning post#193

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭greenpilot

http://fr24.com/QTR168

If I were this plane, I would be diverting ASAP...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

this is very bad for palestine. this story is going to dominate the headlines and, with most peoples attention diverted, leave israel to do whatever it wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Why should he have to say anything?

Because the local commander - a chap called Strelkov (who coincidentally announced this afternoon that they'd shot down an AN-26) is a long time Russian agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Why shoot it down though? It was going from Amsterdam to Malaysia. What has that got to do with Russia/Ukraine. And why was it flying low enough to even make a shoot down possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

There will more then likely be Irish passengers on board. Very popular flight for people flying to Australia. Flew this route myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Why shoot it down though? It was going from Amsterdam to Malaysia. What has that got to do with Russia/Ukraine. And why was it flying low enough to even make a shoot down possible.

Was flying at 33000ft, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

10000 is not especially low for an airport of that type that far into its journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    There will more then likely be Irish passengers on board. Very popular flight for people flying to Australia. Flew this route myself.

It's been confirmed that there was Dutch passengers on it. Not sure about Irish though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A 'mistake'...I am sure nobody set out this morning to shoot down a civilian ac (and especially not one with a 'flag' outside of the conflict).

The ac was flying at 33,000 feet at the time, so not really a low flying ac.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

And why was it flying low enough to even make a shoot down possible.

It was cruising at 33,000ft.
    Calina wrote: »
    10000 is not especially low for an airport of that type that far into its journey.

Autocorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RIAN (another Russian News Agency) reporting it as a shoot down.

Quoting the separatists who are saying they thought it was a Ukrainian transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It was cruising at 33,000ft. That's not low. That's pretty much the norm for long haul flights at the early stages of the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Reuters have just confirmed there is burning debris and bodies scattered on the ground at the crash site.

And you have sick delinquents posting pictures of bodies on twitter, what the f*ck is wrong with people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

this is very bad for palestine. this story is going to dominate the headlines and, with most peoples attention diverted, leave israel to do whatever it wants

Are you aware that 14 armed members of Hamas were arrested in Israel this morning one mile from a kids school? They had tunnelled under the border overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Stinicker wrote: »
    I was due to be in that plane but changed to Wednesdays flight I'm devastated at how close to death I came

It's impossible for anyone to comprehend how shaken you must feel right now.

Get talking to the people you love the most and take any support you need to get your head around this.

Hugs from everyone here Stincker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Jack1985 wrote: »
    And you have sick delinquents posting pictures of bodies on twitter, what the f*ck is wrong with people. :(

There should be laws on that kind of **** man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Trigger happy fool involved in a biggest dick competition. It was flying at a normal cruising altitude on it's filed flight path. Unless it was off course (unlikely), not difficult to verify it as civilian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

I was due to be in that plane but changed to Wednesdays flight I'm devastated at how close to death I came

God this is so hard on you, take comfort that it wasn't your time, you were not meant to go so soon. Thank God and god bless you on your journey through life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm devastated, this was me except something made me pay a few more euros to go for Wednesdays flight instead of Thursdays. I never had such a close call with death, I was trembling at AMS before boarding and the gate agent even asked me if I was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Nimr wrote: »

Autocorrect?

Pure typo. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Jack1985 wrote: »
    On a flight in an hour, absolute condolences to all the staff at MAS they have been through the worst any airline could go through. RIP to all of those board, seriously hope the ****ers who are responsible endure the most painful death. Scum.

There is a war going on in the area, I really doubt it was a deliberate action.

kilkenny31 wrote: »

The Dept of Foreign Affairs have siad there were no Irish passengers on board.

RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

DuL0UL3e_bigger.pngUkraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine

#Russia'n cmdr Strelkov commented on downed #MH17 (thinking it was Ukrainian): "We warned - do not fly in our skies"
    Bswg7UGCQAAtv47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

There is a war going on in the area, I really doubt it was a deliberate action.

Yeah because if it was an accident it was somehow excusable? ****ers who probably done it are trigger happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

BswoCR_CQAEmKTM.jpg:large

One of the most idiotic post I have ever read on Boards.ie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm devastated, this was me except something made me pay a few more euros to go for Wednesdays flight instead of Thursdays. I never had such a close call with death, I was trembling at AMS before boarding and the gate agent even asked me if I was ok.

Relax and be glad that it's not your time to go. Have a pint on me.

Calina wrote: »
    Pure typo. :o

Well, I can assure you that neither AMS nor KUL was flying at 33,000ft :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

You will go on to do great things in life, spend time with love ones, you had a premonition that something was going to go wrong and you were stopped from boarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

BswnKP9CYAACjgd.jpg:large

Looks like it broke up in mid air

Advertisement