Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines plane shot down in Ukraine near Russian border[Mod warning post#193

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm just here in the Philippines and flew this route yesterday AMS-KUL and was due to be on that flight but changed dates to Wednesdays flight instead. I was trembling in Amsterdam with fear of Malaysian from MH370 and I had the preemptive feeling of death I always get when death comes close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What's going to happen the world if Al Queda or ISIS ever get there hands on weapons like these? We would be like ducks in a barrel up there.

They wouldn't be able to get them, operate them or maintain them.

The Buk is about the size of an artic.

If this turns out to be true, the Russians will have a lot to answer for - either they had command and control or they didn't, either way it's f^&ked up.

=======================

RIP those souls on board......and God help their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm just here in the Philippines and flew this route yesterday AMS-KUL and was due to be on that flight but changed dates to Wednesdays flight instead. I was trembling in Amsterdam with fear of Malaysian from MH370 and I had the preemptive feeling of death I always get when death comes close to me.

Jesus christ almighty talk about divine intervention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

This is shocking :( RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

On a flight in an hour, absolute condolences to all the staff at MAS they have been through the worst any airline could go through. RIP to all of those board, seriously hope the ****ers who are responsible endure the most painful death. Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Which the air corridor part or the air force jet shot down? Actually two Ukraine planes shot down this week in the same spot.
    The air force jet shot down

Jesus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Still suppose to be in the air :(

314915.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Shooting down a major passenger jet is huge. This will blow up all over international news media.

Nice pun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Very Sad, Poor families. RIP

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A flight like that, from AMS, is going to have a serious mix of nationalities (no doubt some US citizens)...the s**t is likely to hit the fan.

As alluded to above, a band of separatists would not have the where with all to operate hardware capable of downing an ac at 10,000m.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Both theads merged under "shot down" title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jeez this is absolutely crazy. RIP to all on MH17

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tragic news. RIP to all those on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

Reuters have just confirmed there is burning debris and bodies scattered on the ground at the crash site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Christ on a bike, hope you are ok!!

There is nothing I can but get yourself a stiff drink.

Do the lottery today and give the winnings to charity!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    The air force jet shot down

Jesus :eek:

Its on thejournal website

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's not an active war zone. Only disputes with military and rebel of Ukraine. Russia has stood down on their presence on the border I believe.

If it was shot down, there will be serious repercussions to the nation involved in shooting it down
    An aircraft was shot down there yesterday. both Ukraine and Russia are sending tanks, personnel, etc. into the disputed area. There are people killing each other there for the last few weeks.
    Obama has imposed sanctions on Russia yesterday- why did he do that?
    What on earth does it take to classify it as an active war zone.

From FR24 database (courtesy of their twitter feed)

Signal was lost around 13:21 UTC at 33,000 feet.
    BswkrwNIQAA6YT8.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'm worried about what Obama might say if there were US citizens on board! If it was Bush they'd have Russia surrounded already. Bad times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Still suppose to be in the air :(

314915.PNG

Yes, it is still supposed to be in the air! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Jesus christ almighty talk about divine intervention

It wasn't though.

Jesus Christ almighty's divine intervention isn't worth a pinch of salt to 295 people today.

R.I.P.

The flight was a codeshare with KLM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Lapin wrote: »
    It wasn't though.

Jesus Christ almighty's divine intervention isn't worth a pinch of salt to 295 people today.

R.I.P.

Stop being a dic*head

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm worried about what Obama might say if there were US citizens on board! If it was Bush they'd have Russia surrounded already.

Doubt they'll say / do much - everyone will be 'happy' to embrace the separatist story.......

From the Voice of Russia (29 June)

Donetsk militia takes control of Ukrainian anti-air installation

The self-defense forces of Donetsk People’s Republic seized control of a Ukrainian anti-air military installation, RIA Novosti reports.
    "The forces of Donetsk People’s Republic assumed control of A-1402 military base," the militia's representative said. According to him, it is an anti-aircraft missile forces facility equipped with Buk mobile surface-to-air missile systems.
    During the last several days the militia took control of two internal security troops' installations in eastern Ukraine.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Doubt they'll say / do much - everyone will be 'happy' to embrace the separatist story.......

Yeah I think you'll be absolutely right actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Why should he have to say anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

read this and immediately thought of Final Destination. Jesus:eek:

More.....

At about this was unfolding.......the DNR separatists were claiming to have shot down an Ukrainian Air Force AN-26
    Donetsk, July 17. / ITAR-TASS /. Militias proclaimed the People's Republic of Donetsk (DNI) near the town of Torez downed military transport aircraft An-26 Ukrainian Air Force. This is reported by witnesses from the scene.

According to them, the plane was hit by a missile, and then began to lose altitude, crashed to the ground and burned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I was due to be in that plane but changed to Wednesdays flight I'm devastated at how close to death I came

I hope you're ok.

Advertisement