Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

dogbert27 wrote: »

When he got the suit then DD became real. Just like Iron Fist I'm annoyed the fist can actually be transferred :mad: I was hoping Danny Rand would be stepping up to become the Iron Fist like the comics.

Is that an Iron Fist spoiler :eek::(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is that an Iron Fist spoiler :eek::(

just a tiny one

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    just a tiny one

Seemed like it might be a big one... Have only seen the first few S2 episodes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Seemed like it might be a big one... Have only seen the first few S2 episodes. :cool:

That's why I spoilerd it! :o

dogbert27 wrote: »
    That's why I spoilerd it! :o

In a Daredevil thread :p I'm all up to date with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭dogbert27

In a Daredevil thread :p I'm all up to date with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen :)

Sorry, In the last 5 weeks I've watched LC 2, rewatched DD1 and 2, IF 2 and just finished rewatching Defenders so it's all swirling round in my head.

Daredevil story has been the best of the 4 so looking forward to the new season!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another teaser trailer, another dose of sledgehammer metaphors:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So glad Kingpin is back, wasnt going to bother with any more Marvel gruel but Fisk makes it worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I’ve watched season one ages ago, can I go straight into season 2 or do I need to (for storyline reasons)watch Jessica Jones or Luke Cage first?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

den87 wrote: »
    I’ve watched season one ages ago, can I go straight into season 2 or do I need to (for storyline reasons)watch Jessica Jones or Luke Cage first?

IIRC, season 2 lives independently to the rest of the Netflix brand, you can watch away.

Luke Cage does appear in Jessica Jones but his own show only occasionally nodded towards the former, and even then just in passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Only Jessica Jones aired between S1 and S2 of Daredevil. The only cross over element was Claire and it was just a brief interlude at the very end of JJ. There wasn't really any character development for her that you'd see in DD S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Busy day on Netflix with this and making a murderer part 2 released same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've watched S1 and S2 of Daredevil. Season 1 of JJ and about half of Luke Cage.

Can I just watch DD or do I have to buy into all the interconnected ****e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've watched S1 and S2 of Daredevil. Season 1 of JJ and about half of Luke Cage.

Can I just watch DD or do I have to buy into all the interconnected ****e.

You might need to watch The Defenders as there is an indecent with Daredevil which I believe will be the starting point for DD S3.

But they may cover this in some sort of flashback so those that don't watch the others can get up to speed.

The recent Iron Fist has mentions of some of what happened in The Defenders as well, so there might be some of that in DD that might go over your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you want to follow the Daredevil story, then Defenders is a must since it continues what happens in S2 of Daredevil with Elektra and all the Hand stuff as well.

Yes, The Defenders is effectively Daredevil Season 2.5, where the majority of plot and characters are directly related to events from that show. The rest of the Netflix-Marvel gang basically react to being thrust into Matt's world, with little happening in the reverse direction.

Season 2 of Luke Cage & Iron First more definitively overlap, with characters from both shows now popping up in the other. Though again, there's one major story element from The Defenders that does appear in both shows, and if you only watched Luke Cage seasons 1 and 2 you'll be a little confused.

Finally, we have a 'proper' trailer; gives a good sense of the overall plot, including what appears to be
    an imposter Daredevil gunning down folks, presumably at Fisk's direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you want to follow the Daredevil story, then Defenders is a must since it continues what happens in S2 of Daredevil with Elektra and all the Hand stuff as well.
    Does it explain what the dangerous kids who have to be killed are?

If that's a reference to the trailers, I can't answer that as I didn't watch these trailers.

But as far as I remember, the Defenders just dealt with The Hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

This looks ridiculously good

The series dropped onto Netflix today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I've watched DD seasons 1 & 2 and The Punisher, but no other Marvel shows - is there a recap anywhere I can watch that would bring me up to speed or do I need to fully watch the Defenders to avoid being lost?

shrewdness wrote: »
    I've watched DD seasons 1 & 2 and The Punisher, but no other Marvel shows - is there a recap anywhere I can watch that would bring me up to speed or do I need to fully watch the Defenders to avoid being lost?

Really liked DD (S1 & S2) and S1 JJ and Iron Fist and the Defenders. Cannot get into S2 of either though. Can't finish S1 Luke Cage. :)

Will jump straight into DD S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

5 episodes in slow start great fight scenes as always with Daredevil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Just finished it. Was very good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i really enjoyed this season, they done a great job with
    Bullseye. Although Kingpins ability to control everything seemed a bit too convenient, i rewatched S1+2 before i started it and in season 2, hes told he hasnt got much money left, yet hes able to buy a hotel and get most of the FBI under his thumb :confused: But other than that nit pick, great stuff!

And i kinda had a feeling they were gonna touch off who his mother was, as they dont go near it all in season 1 or 2, its just an unspoken mystery which i found odd.

Just finished and really liked it overall.
    That prison sequence was crazy. Imagine how annoyed you would get if someone made a mistake

• Advertisement

Only 3 eps in why did DD
    touch the goons hands in the laundry?
    seemed to make a big deal out of it.

Advertisement