Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

zarquon wrote: »
    Okay, i've decided to join. Only €6 approximately and should be somewhat entertaining.

The rules seem straightforward. One thing i am i would like clarity on though - Is it possible to change formations during manager substitions? E.g change from 4-4-2 on Saturday to 4-3-3 on a Sunday to take out a poor performing midfielder for a striker or is the formation fixed for the gameweek? F1ngers wasn't completely certain of this so it would be good to know.

It doesn't say you can't change formation mid game week -
    What formation can I play?
    You can play in any formation, providing 1 goalkeeper, at least 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and at least 1 forward are selected at all times.

I've just setup my team in the UFF. Is there any boards league setup yet ?

No, don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I've taken the liberty of setting an FSA league up as no one else has.

Code: 3563-696

http://ultimate.premierleague.com/?autojoin-code=3563-696

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've taken the liberty of setting an FSA league up as no one else has.

Code: 3563-696

http://ultimate.premierleague.com/?autojoin-code=3563-696

That's weird, I'm already in a boards.ie FSA league in ultimate, where did I get that from?

And this code gives me an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8-10 wrote: »
    That's weird, I'm already in a boards.ie FSA league in ultimate, where did I get that from?

And this code gives me an error?

if you click on the link i think it joins you automatically, even tho you see no confirmation. i then clicked into my team page and saw boards.ie FSA there so am presuming thats what happened :P unless it's a league that auto renewed from last season :confused::confused: anyway my team is in there (Ultimate Warriors) along with 4 others maybe zarquon can confirm! :)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    if you click on the link i think it joins you automatically, even tho you see no confirmation. i then clicked into my team page and saw boards.ie FSA there so am presuming thats what happened :P unless it's a league that auto renewed from last season :confused::confused: anyway my team is in there (Ultimate Warriors) along with 4 others maybe zarquon can confirm! :)

Clicking the link automatically joins you into the UFPL league. It is brand new so no renewals. The option is there to manually enter the code but it's just easier to use the autojoin feature :)

Clicking the link automatically joins you into the UFPL league. It is brand new so no renewals. The option is there to manually enter the code but it's just easier to use the autojoin feature :)

That must be what happened, clicked the link on my phone which joined me then went to the league page and code didn't work because of the auto-join

Makes sense!

What goalkeepers are you going for? I'm not sure whether to pick 3 cheap ones or go for De Gea and 2 x 4.5 keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    What goalkeepers are you going for? I'm not sure whether to pick 3 cheap ones or go for De Gea and 2 x 4.5 keepers.

United have a lot of Sunday games so DDG is definitely a good pick there are a good few 4.5s who are almost all Saturday games so that works well. I think it would be hard to get a good Sat/Sun/Mon rotation using just 4.5s as they are normally 3pm Saturday KO teams.

jimmii wrote: »
    United have a lot of Sunday games so DDG is definitely a good pick there are a good few 4.5s who are almost all Saturday games so that works well. I think it would be hard to get a good Sat/Sun/Mon rotation using just 4.5s as they are normally 3pm Saturday KO teams.

Yea De Gea looks like a must have with those fixtures. Now I just need to pick a defence, midfield and attack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

just wondering if anyone would be interested in a pay league for a small amount in this?

I am just worried that without some kind of mini league we could end up losing interest very fast if bad starts are had as it would be very hard to win any of the main prizes.

I could run it and gather an entry fee via paypal. Just throwing it out there anyway, if we had even 10 entries at €10 a go we could have a winner takes all pot of €100.

Hackers wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone would be interested in a pay league for a small amount in this?

I am just worried that without some kind of mini league we could end up losing interest very fast if bad starts are had as it would be very hard to win any of the main prizes.

I could run it and gather an entry fee via paypal. Just throwing it out there anyway, if we had even 10 entries at €10 a go we could have a winner takes all pot of €100.

I'd certainly join if we can get a few entries. :)

Yep I'm in. Finalized my team last night....or so I think

Yea I'd be up for that.

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep I'm in. Finalized my team last night....or so I think

Ah go on show us! I've no idea what 'm doing as I didnt play the beta. Not sure whether to go for a strong squad or pick lots of duds to save money. Maybe we should set up a rate my team thread. :pac:

Ah go on show us! I've no idea what 'm doing as I didnt play the beta. Not sure whether to go for a strong squad or pick lots of duds to save money. Maybe we should set up a rate my team thread. :pac:

I have a lot of duds and gone top heavy with the others. Slightly worried as I only have 3 starting strikers! When I said finalised I really meant finalised my latest draft :P

Might have another tinker nearer the weekend.

Not a bad response so far lads, up to 4 as below, if we get a few more I think we can go ahead:

Hackers
    Zarquon
    8-10
    Dearg81

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Doing this league in work this year.

Are we using this thread to show our teams? I'd imagine the main rate my team thread would only be peeved off at us if we did it there?

deisedude wrote: »

Are we using this thread to show our teams? I'd imagine the main rate my team thread would only be peeved off at us if we did it there?

Yeah I'd say throw it in here if you want feedback, though I think most of us are being coy on our squads given the greater amount of picks available to all of us :p

No reason why we cant share them here.

Agree that using the other thread would might cause issues, there aren't too many of us playing it so I think this thread should work for all Ultimate related posts

• Advertisement

Alrighty then heres my team. Hard to pick a squad with so many options! My striker options are a bit on the risky side, could probably downgrade one of the midfielders

Goalkeepers: Krul, Guzan, Foster

Defenders: Debuchy, Lovren, Ferdinand, Filipe Luis, Colocinni, Evans, Baker, Nastasic

Midfielders: Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard, Navas, Mata, Sigurdsson, Mutch, Brady

Strikers: Bojan, Rooney, Sturridge, Gomis, Sanago, Weimann

For what its worth my comments would be:

Would you not consider De Gea as you are allowed 4 from each club?

Baker may not be a guaranteed starter and Villa's start is horrible anyway

Is Nastasic a guaranteed starter?

Cant see Navas getting a lot of game time

Is Sanchez not a must have, especially in the Ultimate game? He has 40% ownership so a bit of a risk going without him

Obviously funds could be a problem to carry out some of the above changes but maybe you need to consider having a couple of the 4.0 million defenders to raise funds that have chance of playing ( Wisdom, Moore). You will likely only play 3 at the back anyway so maybe you have too much invested in defence.

Alrighty then heres my team. Hard to pick a squad with so many options! My striker options are a bit on the risky side, could probably downgrade one of the midfielders

Goalkeepers: Krul, Guzan, Foster

Defenders: Debuchy, Lovren, Ferdinand, Filipe Luis, Colocinni, Evans, Baker, Nastasic

Midfielders: Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard, Navas, Mata, Sigurdsson, Mutch, Brady

Strikers: Bojan, Rooney, Sturridge, Gomis, Sanago, Weimann

For what its worth my comments would be:

Would you not consider De Gea as you are allowed 4 from each club?

Baker may not be a guaranteed starter and Villa's start is horrible anyway

Is Nastasic a guaranteed starter?

Cant see Navas getting a lot of game time

Is Sanchez not a must have, especially in the Ultimate game? He has 40% ownership so a bit of a risk going without him

Obviously funds could be a problem to carry out some of the above changes but maybe you need to consider having a couple of the 4.0 million defenders to raise funds that have chance of playing ( Wisdom, Moore). You will likely only play 3 at the back anyway so maybe you have too much invested in defence.

Good points. De Gea is purely a budget issue at the moment

Geoff Cameron and Wisdom in for Baker and Nastasic

Navas out and Sanchez in meant some more rejigging so Sigurdsson loses out and Albrighton of Leicester comes in

Anyone any luck finding an android app that lets you manage your ultimate fpl setup?

Any more takers for the below for a mini league with €10 entry fee?

Even if we had 5 we could still go ahead ?
    Not a bad response so far lads, up to 4 as below, if we get a few more I think we can go ahead:

Hackers
    Zarquon
    8-10
    Dearg81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Go on ill join.

Send me details,

Cheers

POKERKING wrote: »
    Go on ill join.

Send me details,

Cheers

About time you beat me in fantasy football :P You played the beta last season didnt you?

About time you beat me in fantasy football :P You played the beta last season didnt you?

I cant get past the age verification bit, did you have any trouble??

yeah played it last year but you will prob still beat me!!haha i will prob come second in the world and still somehow manage to lose to you!

POKERKING wrote: »
    I cant get past the age verification bit, did you have any trouble??

yeah played it last year but you will prob still beat me!!haha i will prob come second in the world and still somehow manage to lose to you!

Nah I didnt have any trouble signing up. I though you would be an expert in getting around fraud checks anyway :P I dont think I'll be winning anything, just learning the ropes this year.

• Advertisement

Nah I didnt have any trouble signing up. I though you would be an expert in getting around fraud checks anyway :P I dont think I'll be winning anything, just learning the ropes this year.

I have emailed them to see what the craic is but still cant get pass the checks. If they dont sort it out by Sat i will sit the league out, if they i manage to sign up i will join the league.

Advertisement