Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Guessing a lot have a few arsenal I got 28 and moved up a few places! Vlaar was my only plater to pick up points only two arsenal though will need a good Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Good start here with Aguero captain and Zabaleta if he gets the assist!
    Hackers wrote: »
    14 off top. I will be taking out 3 players who all got 2 , then will be left with the following:

zabaleta
    Terry
    silva
    hazard
    aguero(c)

Then have 4 Arsenal waiting to come in off the bench for Monday night

Anyone who forgot to change captain overnight severely punished today. I've 75 and only two players getting more than 2. Absolute carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

97 as things stand. Will get giroud, bellerin and Sanchez in for the loss of 6.

Worth risking another 3 to get siggy?

KevIRL wrote: »
    97 as things stand. Will get giroud, bellerin and Sanchez in for the loss of 6.

Worth risking another 3 to get siggy?

Definitely for 3. That takes you a bit ahead of me and I only have two arsenal.

I'm going to end up with 6 deuces this week that is pretty shocking!

• Advertisement

Only went up about 12 places. Still will take every rise now

130 points with a GW rank of 6!! Now up to 4th in the monthly, still 13 off top. Have 4 Arsenal left but realistically can only bring in 2 of them. hazard and Vardy out tomorrow night, probably Sanchez and Giroud in.

Dropped like a stone! Cahill and Kompany certainly didn't help the cause but at least that means I only lose one point bringing in arsenal players today.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

113(-8) with potentially four Arsenal to come in at a cost of 9 points. Up to 169th in the world. Kolarov and Silva loans paying off big time. Would be magic to finish top 100 for the season.

Thats some serious going Hackers. Keep her lit. I notice number one in the world (Pat Maybir) has a second team, currently sitting 2nd in the world for the May monthly prize! Badass :cool:

Take him down Hackers!

Bloody GW2 player passed me this week! Behind 1 of the buggers in both games now dammit!

• Advertisement

Wamble wrote: »
    113(-8) with potentially four Arsenal to come in at a cost of 9 points. Up to 169th in the world. Kolarov and Silva loans paying off big time. Would be magic to finish top 100 for the season.

Thats some serious going Hackers. Keep her lit. I notice number one in the world (Pat Maybir) has a second team, currently sitting 2nd in the world for the May monthly prize! Badass :cool:

Take him down Hackers!

If he wins the overall and the monthly thats just unreal!! That second team got 1st for the GW last week! I might do the same next year have one team for the overall and another to take shots at the monthlys. Seems like a good idea seeing as there is no cap on teams. I love the 70 point hit in GW34 I want to do that too dammit!!

I will do my best but an awful lot will have to go my way!

Interesting that a guy has 2 teams, I always thought you were only allowed 1 team.

However reading the rules there is the following:

12. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of ISM shall be final). Each unique registered user shall be based on a unique email address provided by the Player but nothing shall prevent a Player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts

Looks like multiple teams are allowed. I don't agree with that but the rules are the rules!
    Wamble wrote: »

Take him down Hackers!

Sure as long as you pay your £5 they don't care! I'm sure we all have plenty of emails floating around!

Haven taken out two 5 point players and put in Giroud and Ramsey. Don't have either in main fantasy competition so it's gonna be a mixed night regardless of what happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i think tactically ive f**ked up once all season in this, and how its cost me! impatiently made my 4 week loan moves early ahead of dgw34, keeping Sturridge and ditching Aguero! cost me around 70pts and god knows how many ranking places!

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    If he wins the overall and the monthly thats just unreal!! That second team got 1st for the GW last week! I might do the same next year have one team for the overall and another to take shots at the monthlys. Seems like a good idea seeing as there is no cap on teams. I love the 70 point hit in GW34 I want to do that too dammit!!

Thats a good idea, I didn't know the points hits didn't count in manager of the month.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Thats a good idea, I didn't know the points hits didn't count in manager of the month.

I presume they do you just take the hits the month before.

I presume they do you just take the hits the month before.

Ah I see, very sneaky.

Looks like I will have 49 today , it COULD put me top for the monthly prize!

Good luck!!

• Advertisement

Update on the below is that I am now 2nd in the table for the 1,000 STG monthly prize.

I am 12 points behind but have a lot of players the same as the leader. I am 11 ahead of 3rd and 14 ahead of 4th.

I will have to do a detailed analysis of the leader and see what differentials I can put in.

I may put that up later and maybe get views from anyone here that may wish to lend a hand!

Update on the below is that I am now 2nd in the table for the 1,000 STG monthly prize.

I am 12 points behind but have a lot of players the same as the leader. I am 11 ahead of 3rd and 14 ahead of 4th.

I will have to do a detailed analysis of the leader and see what differentials I can put in.

I may put that up later and maybe get views from anyone here that may wish to lend a hand!

I was picking my team yesterday and found it was quite straight forward so you should be able to predict most of his starting 11. 11 points is very doable, captain will probably be crucial.

Makes it very interesting with the one match day! Be nice if teams are visible after the games start add to it a little bit more!

Very true. I was looking there and from the the squad of 25 we have 17 of the same players. Our 6 strikers are the exact same.

Captain choice will be vital, he will probably go with Aguero, I could go with Hazard i suppose to try to bridge the gap.
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    I was picking my team yesterday and found it was quite straight forward so you should be able to predict most of his starting 11. 11 points is very doable, captain will probably be crucial.

Very true. I was looking there and from the the squad of 25 we have 17 of the same players. Our 6 strikers are the exact same.

Captain choice will be vital, he will probably go with Aguero, I could go with Hazard i suppose to try to bridge the gap.

Well that depends on Hazards teeth! I would definitely try to go with an alternative captain going to be the easiest way to make up the ground.

As far as I know the teams will be visible after the deadline so will know straight away who of my 11 need to do what.

We will have the lineups before the deadline too which makes it all the more interesting. There could well be last minute changes to the starting 11's as like of Giroud, Sanchez & Benteke could be rested.
    Makes it very interesting with the one match day! Be nice if teams are visible after the games start add to it a little bit more!

As far as I know the teams will be visible after the deadline so will know straight away who of my 11 need to do what.

We will have the lineups before the deadline too which makes it all the more interesting. There could well be last minute changes to the starting 11's as like of Giroud, Sanchez & Benteke could be rested.

Are line ups normally visible after the last match of the week has started? I have never actually looked before! Even if they aren't you would think they would make it so for the final week.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Are line ups normally visible after the last match of the week has started? I have never actually looked before! Even if they aren't you would think they would make it so for the final week.

Yep. 15mins before kick off of the last match in a game-week, all team/captain choices become visible.

Walcott (c) working out...

• Advertisement

231st overall in the end. Disappointing after the promise of the first half of the season. Ultimately the January transfer window cost me. 2nd in the boards league but won the pay league at least.

Really enjoyed the game though and looking forward to next season

Advertisement