Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    2 and 1 is a clear switch 4 is tricky when its someone like Chadli. Wish Ulloa had only got 3 then it would be easy!

Sorry I thought you were asking me if I was taking out ulloa. In your circumstance I wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sorry I thought you were asking me if I was taking out ulloa. In your circumstance I wouldn't

Yeh going to stick would be easier if chadli was defibitely going to start but I'm notbas 100% as he is!! Still have four playing today so fingers crossed for some bloody points dropped 200 places yesterday.

2 from Lamela, Chadli, Adebayor, Dimichellis and Clyne. Thoughts?

None of the Spurs lads certain to start although I reckon Lamela the most likely followed by Chadli, Ade unlikely to feature. Will obv know for certain the line ups from the other game before deadline time.

Currently have Lamela and Chadli in the team. Is it worth taking one of the defenders to ensure a start?

DiMichellis not starting so he's a non runner for the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lamela and Clyne

Duff, Vlaar, Debuchy, Colo, Jones, Moore, Lovren and Kompany is my defence. Might struggle to get three out midweek!

• Advertisement

feck it i'll take that. 60pts all done

67 all out for me. Would have been better off leaving ADM and jelly on the field as things turned out

No movement whatsoever. Stay in 393rd place. How bizarre

Red arrow for me. Down one place to 23rd

Managed to not fall too much thanks to aguero and kompany. Doesn't make up for last weeks disaster though!

• Advertisement

Will likely activate my first loan of the season later. If only to have a striker playing tonight

Will likely activate my first loan of the season later. If only to have a striker playing tonight

I only have Ulloa up front tonight too not expecting too much there! At the back I only have Cahill that looks certain to play hoping I get some action out of Lovren & Kompany fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

How does the loan points work? Like are they taken off your score at the start of the loan, each week's score, or end of the loan?

8-10 wrote: »
    How does the loan points work? Like are they taken off your score at the start of the loan, each week's score, or end of the loan?

At the start and if you cancel a loan early you don't get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

At the start and if you cancel a loan early you don't get them back.

Got it. That's what I was hoping. As I'm not going to win the overall I can at least concentrate on the monthly. I was thinking in January of using my transfers to build up on just a couple of teams, ie have the back 5 from the same team etc. If i get you correctly, if you're not in contention by the end of the month, then you can get loans that will deduct points in that month, but be in your team for the following month?

Too late now for December but I'll be looking at this going forward.

8-10 wrote: »
    Got it. That's what I was hoping. As I'm not going to win the overall I can at least concentrate on the monthly. I was thinking in January of using my transfers to build up on just a couple of teams, ie have the back 5 from the same team etc. If i get you correctly, if you're not in contention by the end of the month, then you can get loans that will deduct points in that month, but be in your team for the following month?

Too late now for December but I'll be looking at this going forward.

Good idea!

considering a loan punt for tonight. either or both of Mata/Rooney in for AdM/Costa. will have the benefit of seeing the starting lineup first at least

Mata in and captained for -4 it is then. What a crazy week this is already

Loaned Bony in for Costa for one week and gave him the armband. Its actually possible I could have 9 new players tomorrow night if this night goes completely pear shaped lol

Mata gamble worked out :) 52pts now have to pick 3 from Tadic/Fab/Aguero/Ramsey/Welbeck to come in tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

25 from 4 which is good considering all my big players play tomorrow. Captain will be Baines, Sanchez or Hazard.

49 from 9. Aguero and one of wellbeck/fab to come in at no point loss. Defender and lloris in for -5.

As it turned out I didn't need to make the loan. Risk worth taking though

Up to 13th overall. Won't hold that lofty position after tomorrow but nice for now.

Broke the 1000 point barrier too.

Thoughts on tomorrow? Stick on bonys 12 points as capt or twist to aguero?

Which one of fabregas/wellbeck to sub in for Moore?

Keep siggys 5 points or sub for the one of fabregas/wellbeck that I don't sub in for Moore

Keep Caulker's 3 points or sub in one of Terry/DiMichelles

Keep DDG's 2 points or sub in Lloris?

Keep siggys 5 points or sub for the one of fabregas/wellbeck that I don't sub in for Moore

i'd stick on bony. sub in lloris. sub in terry. sub in both fab and wellbeck (both equal chance for scoring i.m.o.)

Actually works out better than I thought. I can bring in both Welbeck and Fabregas for no points reduction. Am gonna lose the 5 points and bring Terry and Lloris for DDG and Caulker.

Will be mulling over the capt decision for the day, but at the moment I'm thinking twist to Aguero

Switch to aguero

Fabregas in for Moore

Keep Siggy

Terry in for Caulker

DDG in for Lloris

Actually works out better than I thought. I can bring in both Welbeck and Fabregas for no points reduction. Am gonna lose the 5 points and bring Terry and Lloris for DDG and Caulker.

Will be mulling over the capt decision for the day, but at the moment I'm thinking twist to Aguero

That makes it nice and easy to bring them in! I'm having to leave some decent players on the bench as I can't really go shifting Boyd, Sterling or Siggy so they are staying there!

I think with the captain switch if you stick and aguero blanks a good few will have him but it won't make much difference ranking wise but if you stick and he scores well you will drop quite a bit.

Who do you think is best to play Ramsey or Tadic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Switch to aguero

Fabregas in for Moore

Keep Siggy

Terry in for Caulker

DDG in for Lloris

Yep thats what I'd do too. Although I presume you meant LLoris in for DDG.

• Advertisement

That makes it nice and easy to bring them in! I'm having to leave some decent players on the bench as I can't really go shifting Boyd, Sterling or Siggy so they are staying there!

I think with the captain switch if you stick and aguero blanks a good few will have him but it won't make much difference ranking wise but if you stick and he scores well you will drop quite a bit.

Who do you think is best to play Ramsey or Tadic?

Ramsey for definite. Home fixture and things tough for soton at the mo

Advertisement