Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think Sanchez is a great shout. He's still a bit too expensive, but if I didn't have Welbz already I would be tempted to swap Cesc for him.
    I would wait to see if Wisdom loses his spot to Gamboa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If I were being brave if/when I wildcard this week this is something I might do, however it could also kill me stone dead. I like it though :)

I could even go back to Siggy for Chadli to play it a little safer :pac:

You are brave enough to do it. Are you crazy enough?

Cisse:confused: Didn't see that coming:D

The cheap defence worked for few weeks but you do need clean sheets at some point. I know you are just having a bit of fun but i can't see that team doing well.If you do it i will support you, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

wonski wrote: »
    You are brave enough to do it. Are you crazy enough?

Cisse:confused: Didn't see that coming:D

The cheap defence worked for few weeks but you do need clean sheets at some point. I know you are just having a bit of fun but i can't see that team doing well.If you do it i will support you, though.

Cisse is a little bit like Turner to me and he seems to have hit the ground running. We know what he can do with a bit of form. For 5.9 it's not totally crazy. Trusting Newcastle I'll readily admit is a little alright :pac:

The defence is a little cheap. However Clyne and Rose would play most weeks for pretty good teams and capable of keeping clean sheets whilst rotating the other 3 for best fit. The Burnley keepers would be the biggest worry there I'll admit.

That midfield is badass though, am I right? :D Along with Costa and Aguero up front. It's not template, it is a little bit of fun and a little testing the waters with normal people :pac: I don't see why it shouldn't do well though?

Sanchez is a gamble but the kind of one that might be worth it while Walcott/Ramsey get back on their feet. He should see a lot more consistent gametime too and be a bit more settled. Hazard could be set to take off, at the very least I'd expect him to keep par with Fab. No matter whether I play it safe and template or I follow my crazy nose I like to have firepower in my team and don't mind skimping on defenders.

But yeah I'm mainly plugging myself in for a check up on the crazy scale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cisse is a little bit like Turner to me

Oh dear....this could get messy.

Cisse is a little bit like Turner to me and he seems to have hit the ground running. We know what he can do with a bit of form. For 5.9 it's not totally crazy. Trusting Newcastle I'll readily admit is a little alright :pac:

The defence is a little cheap. However Clyne and Rose would play most weeks for pretty good teams and capable of keeping clean sheets whilst rotating the other 3 for best fit. The Burnley keepers would be the biggest worry there I'll admit.

That midfield is badass though, am I right? :D Along with Costa and Aguero up front. It's not template, it is a little bit of fun and a little testing the waters with normal people :pac: I don't see why it shouldn't do well though?

Sanchez is a gamble but the kind of one that might be worth it while Walcott/Ramsey get back on their feet. He should see a lot more consistent gametime too and be a bit more settled. Hazard could be set to take off, at the very least I'd expect him to keep par with Fab. No matter whether I play it safe and template or I follow my crazy nose I like to have firepower in my team and don't mind skimping on defenders.

But yeah I'm mainly plugging myself in for a check up on the crazy scale :D

The way i see it is that you can spend your money just a little bit wiser.
    Hazard is a good shout but Sanchez at 10.3 isn't worth it (yet).

Your midfield might be badass but it is at the expence of the defenders.
    I liked cheap and cheerful until i was awarded 1-2 points for each of them.

I am too lazy to tell you what that team would have scored last week(s), but i am pretty sure it wasn't great.

The midfield / forwards combo might work depending on your formation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I don't see why it shouldn't do well though?

Kevin

Nolan

wonski wrote: »
    The way i see it is that you can spend your money just a little bit wiser.
    Hazard is a good shout but Sanchez at 10.3 isn't worth it (yet).

Your midfield might be badass but it is at the expence of the defenders.
    I liked cheap and cheerful until i was awarded 1-2 points for each of them.

I am too lazy to tell you what that team would have scored last week(s), but i am pretty sure it wasn't great.

The midfield / forwards combo might work depending on your formation.

Ah yeah I agree for the most part an extra 1.5 would go a long way at the back. The Sanchez thing is risk and reward alright.

The team could score 0 points last week but its about what it'll score for the weeks to come.

Rikand wrote: »
    Kevin

Nolan

Pelle before he scored 2 against Newcastle :)

I think this is where I crumble back into my old habits and ruin everything :o

Ah yeah I agree for the most part an extra 1.5 would go a long way at the back. The Sanchez thing is risk and reward alright.

The team could score 0 points last week but its about what it'll score for the weeks to come.

Mr.P - we can't wait to see how the GW8 works out for you.

You know we are all here to give you hugs and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If I were being brave if/when I wildcard this week this is something I might do, however it could also kill me stone dead. I like it though :)

3fnex.jpg

it's hardly the craziest team your likely to see (up your game, Mr P ;) )

Di Maria Hazard Aguero and Costa cant be argued with. Chadli continues to defy expectations. Cisse is bang on form (us 'veterans' from a few seasons back can remember the damage an in-form Cisse can do). Sanchez has underperformed relative to price tag so far - but his class is undoubted and he's guaranteed game time with a lovely run of fixtures...

Defense is a bit of a motley crew. CS have been hard 2come by. If you could re-jig to fit in, say, Azpi, i'd be fairly confident in that aspect too.

The thing about the front 7 - Costa aside, there doesnt seem to be any 'must-haves', as of yet anyway. Just a good number of players vying for our attention (and budgets). To sum up, Mr P, it could work out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

3fnex.jpg

I understand the excitement such a team could provide BUT (although it is to me much earlier to go down that route anyway) this is the team of someone who's chasing I think. You are not chasing. You're at the top. You're leading. If I were you I'd wait for the "chasers" to take risks and inevitably make mistakes at some point.

For what I remember of your team, I think you can afford 2 of DeGea->Fabianski or Forster (but think you already have Southampton def) / Nolan->Chadli / VP->Aguero without rushing it. In fairness you may only just do the Aguero one since the others don't offer you better fixtures than the ones you already have (well that's of course if Nolan is not restricted to 20min cameos).

Well it's quite ironical that I was the last to post in here and was trying to talk wise.

Now I'm considering going a tad misterprodstonly wild :pac:.

Ulloa -> Pellè
    Sterling -> Chadli
    Ivanovic -> Baines

And there is Diego Costa. If he was out for sure for the QPR home game I'd take my chances and ditch him. Since next is United away and after Liverpool away and then international break.
    But of course we don't know how long he's out for. And I don't have great subs for him next week if he doesn't play the next game.
    So King -> Boyd is tempting but think it'd be a waste. I can only regret being hesitant about Boyd during my WC. Should have trusted the people saying he'd be a regular at Burnley.

Here's my team
    5lp76g.jpg

--- edit ---
    Ulloa -> Pellè
    Sterling -> Chadli
    done.

Couldn't wait too much since I only have £0.4m left in bank after doing it and would have lost £0.2m on my first transfer tonight. Actually maybe the full £0.4m if Sterling and Chadli move. Crazy early transfers due (partly only I must be honest :pac: but still partly is a huge negative change IMO) to the new price change blackout.

Well I think those proposed transfers make a hell of a lot of sense. Not sure that helps coming from me though :pac:

Sterling is a danger though. I don't have him and live in constant fear. But we can't have everyone. I'd go for that though as it seems well thought through and should work well in the short to medium term. Nothing too crazy about it at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

iroced wrote: »
    And there is Diego Costa. If he was out for sure for the QPR home game I'd take my chances and ditch him. Since next is United away and after Liverpool away and then international break.
    But of course we don't know how long he's out for. And I don't have great subs for him next week if he doesn't play the next game.

There's a midweek game for him so that'll tell you if he's out or not. My feeling is he'll play midweek and start v United. If he doesn't play, then you have a case for dropping him ahead of the weekend.

Well I think those proposed transfers make a hell of a lot of sense. Not sure that helps coming from me though :pac:

Sterling is a danger though. I don't have him and live in constant fear. But we can't have everyone. I'd go for that though as it seems well thought through and should work well in the short to medium term. Nothing too crazy about it at all :)

:pac: on the bold part.

More seriously I'm close to go for it right now. I also have the "luxury" of doing the first 2 for no hits. Can always wait for Ivan -> Baines. Would not be a disaster to lose £0.1m on him since I don't think I'll be keeping him for the whole season despite the great stats posted by G1032.

But making transfers before CL games doesn't sound like a great idea...
    And yes Sterling could destroy Hull...

Another option (to allow for Pellè in) would be to ditch Ivan and pick a max £5.2m def (e.g. Kaboul or Rose from Spurs). What you think?

--- edit ---

As I explained in my previous edited post
    Ulloa -> Pellè
    Sterlng -> Chadli

done.

Second big decision of the season. First one was GW4 WC which was a disaster for 2 weeks but did set my team up nicely enough for the following 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    There's a midweek game for him so that'll tell you if he's out or not. My feeling is he'll play midweek and start v United. If he doesn't play, then you have a case for dropping him ahead of the weekend.

Midweek game won't tell you anything. Costa isn't going to be in the squad against Maribor. Even if fit, I doubt he would have been. Perfect game to rest him.

Haven't posted my team here in ages!

Guzan Gilks
    Baines Ivanovich Duff Clyne Wisdom
    Chadli Sterling ADM Siggy King
    Costa Aguero Welbeck

0.2 in the kitty. Doing so-so the last few weeks after a good start. Opinions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I have decided to wildcard even though I'm doing alright (top 15k) but I have started to drift off lately.

reason for wildcarding was I wanted to bring in aguero sanchez baines and forster.

To fit these all in I've had to give up a few strong players but here's how I'm looking at the moment.
    Any advice would be appreciated

forster
    baines chambers kaboul
    dimaria sanchez eriksen tadic
    aguero pelle welbeck

subs hamer dummett hutton obertan

manual_man wrote: »
    Haven't posted my team here in ages!

Guzan Gilks
    Baines Ivanovich Duff Clyne Wisdom
    Chadli Sterling ADM Siggy King
    Costa Aguero Welbeck

0.2 in the kitty. Doing so-so the last few weeks after a good start. Opinions welcome!

Baines AND Ivanovic sounds like a huge investment for your backline. Downgrading Ivanovic (to a Swansea - long term - or Spurs or Arsenal - short term - defender whom all have good fixtures coming) would help you get the hot and popular Pellè or upgrade your midfield with a Chelsea mid (Fab or Hazard) for example.

Other than that it is a strong team which I guess is well performing. No major surgery needed ;).
    I have decided to wildcard even though I'm doing alright (top 15k) but I have started to drift off lately.

reason for wildcarding was I wanted to bring in aguero sanchez baines and forster.

To fit these all in I've had to give up a few strong players but here's how I'm looking at the moment.

forster
    baines chambers kaboul
    aguero pelle welbeck

Well your team should definitely perform in the short term, considering the fixtures and the form your players are in.
    You have no Chelsea cover though. Do you have enough in bank to get some without major rearrangement? e.g. can you get Costa back (I assume you had him) if he's fine after his 2 weeks rest?

Well your team should definitely perform in the short term, considering the fixtures and the form your players are in.
    You have no Chelsea cover though. Do you have enough in bank to get some without major rearrangement? e.g. can you get Costa back (I assume you had him) if he's fine after his 2 weeks rest?

Yes I had Costa and Fabregas.
    My plan is to have Hazard look term (when fixtures get better)
    I couldn't fit Baines Aguero Sanchez and Costa so he's out for now.
    I do rate Aguero alot more than Costa anyway so I don't mind not having a Chelsea player for now
    only .3 in the bank

• Advertisement

forster
    baines chambers kaboul
    aguero pelle welbeck

2 attacking S'hampton players is a bit overkill i.m.o. especially as you have no Chelsea attackers. My advice would be to change Sanchez and Eriksen to Ramsey and Chadli, and this might leave you enough to get in Costa for Pelle? (either straight away or after gw9). Defense looks solid and Obertan is a good 1st sub option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Team is

Forster
    PVA-Azpicueta-Cissoko
    Siggy-Schneiderlin-ADM-Sterling
    Costa-Aguero-Welbeck

Subs
    Vlaar-Duff-Matic-Guzan

Any suggestions? Thinking maybe Aziliculeta and Matic/Schneiderlin out for Bertrand and Diame.

forster
    baines chambers kaboul
    aguero pelle welbeck

I'd rather have Bertrand than Kaboul and then do Foster/Heaton GK rotation

manual_man wrote: »
    2 attacking S'hampton players is a bit overkill i.m.o. especially as you have no Chelsea attackers. My advice would be to change Sanchez and Eriksen to Ramsey and Chadli, and this might leave you enough to get in Costa for Pelle? (either straight away or after gw9). Defense looks solid and Obertan is a good 1st sub option

.2 short for that as I bought Pelle for 7.5.
    Is Chadli any good tho I know he's had a great start but I think Eriksen is a fantastic player and great value at 7.8
    I'd rather have Bertrand than Kaboul and then do Foster/Heaton GK rotation

.1 short for this.
    good idea though heaton is 4.6 any other good 4.5 goalies worth considering

.2 short for that as I bought Pelle for 7.5.
    Is Chadli any good tho I know he's had a great start but I think Eriksen is a fantastic player and great value at 7.8

Chadli is a good player looks to have really found his feet this season. Eriksen is good also obviously - but also dearer. Not a whole lot between them at the moment. You could easily find the 0.2M - either by downgrading Hutton, or even just waiting, as Pelle is on the rise, and Costa may be set to fall in price. Chelsea attacking coverage is absolutely essential tho I think, if not this gw, then certainly from next week on

.1 short for this.
    good idea though heaton is 4.6 any other good 4.5 goalies worth considering

Schmeichel has nice fixtures

I think Eriksen is a fantastic player and great value at 7.8

Just a comment to say I agree completely with that. I couldn't get him in so got Chadli instead and hope the latter is not outscored too much by the former. But for anyone WCing, Eriksen at his price with his form and the fixtures list ahead of him is a premium choice IMO. That said, it's always the same story. it all depends whta you can do with the extra £1m Chadli offers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Just a comment to say I agree completely with that. I couldn't get him in so got Chadli instead and hope the latter is not outscored too much by the former. But for anyone WCing, Eriksen at his price with his form and the fixtures list ahead of him is a premium choice IMO. That said, it's always the same story. it all depends whta you can do with the extra £1m Chadli offers you.

Right now though who would you bring in if doing the Baines transfer? Tadic or Eriksen. (Clyne to Baines and Sterling to Tadic/Eriksen).

Edit....I don't have Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

G1032 wrote: »
    Right now though who would you bring in if doing the Baines transfer? Tadic or Eriksen. (Clyne to Baines and Sterling to Tadic/Eriksen).

Edit....I don't have Pelle.

Having both Baines (and captaining him this week) & Southsmpton defensive coverage.. I wouldn't get rid of Clyne with 4 of their next 6 games being at home & them looking good defensively!

Also to note Bertrand & Clyne do get BPS too.

I also mid Liverpool v QPR game I transferred Sterling to Tadic (I also don't have Pelle but have funds too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Having both Baines (and captaining him this week) & Southsmpton defensive coverage.. I wouldn't get rid of Clyne with 4 of their next 6 games being at home & them looking good defensively!

Also to note Bertrand & Clyne do get BPS too.

I also mid Liverpool v QPR game I transferred Sterling to Tadic (I also don't have Pelle but have funds too)

In order to keep Clyne it'll mean I can't buy Tadic or Eriksen. It would force me into getting Henderson. I was just thinking I'll take my 0.2 profit on Clyne and run! I'll be probably selling him anyway after their next 4 games...

Advertisement