Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    Right now though who would you bring in if doing the Baines transfer? Tadic or Eriksen. (Clyne to Baines and Sterling to Tadic/Eriksen).

Edit....I don't have Pelle.

Tough choice alright. To summarise I'd say Tadic short term (like the next 4 games) / Eriksen long term (like to the Jan WC at least). That said Southampton don't play Europe which make them more appealing FF-wise...

If you do get Baines and Eriksen can you also get Pellè (not especially right now thoug he could rise thrice this week)?
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Having both Baines (and captaining him this week) & Southsmpton defensive coverage.. I wouldn't get rid of Clyne with 4 of their next 6 games being at home & them looking good defensively!

Also to note Bertrand & Clyne do get BPS too.

Good point on Southampton defenders.
    G1032 wrote: »
    In order to keep Clyne it'll mean I can't buy Tadic or Eriksen. It would force me into getting Henderson. I was just thinking I'll take my 0.2 profit on Clyne and run! I'll be probably selling him anyway after their next 4 games...

What about Chadli?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Would Barkley be on anyone's radar yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    Tough choice alright. To summarise I'd say Tadic short term (like the next 4 games) / Eriksen long term (like to the Jan WC at least). That said Southampton don't play Europe which make them more appealing FF-wise...

If you do get Baines and Eriksen can you also get Pellè (not especially right now thoug he could rise thrice this week)?

What about Chadli?

Thanks. That's what a work colleague said today too. Tadic short term and then switch to Eriksen.

Regarding Pelle.....I have Welbeck and think I'll hang on to him for the foreseeable future. If I was getting Pelle in later I'd have to downgrade Tadic to Henderson.

I'm not really interested in Chadli tbh. Eriksen a much better player and if
    go for Spurs cover it will be though Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Would Barkley be on anyone's radar yet?

On the radar but that's it. Needs to prove he'll play and then be scoring points. Trusting Everton is a little like Costs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FT

Welbeck or Pelle??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Chesty08 wrote: »
    FT

Welbeck or Pelle??

Pelle if you don't have Tadic. Welbeck if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

After a good start, the last few weeks have been a disaster.

Have

Begovic
    Bertrand- Hutton-Taylor (swansea)
    ADM- Sigurdsson- Chadli- Fabregas
    Costa- Aguero- Pelle

Wisdom- Wilson- Jedinak.

Any changes? Any poor areas tha stick out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Mannone Krul
    Clyne Azpil Wisdom Wilson Moore
    Fabregas Siggy ADM Sterling Boyd
    Ulloa Aguero Costa.

Bank: 0.3
    1FT

Going to switch Ulloa with Welbeck and Azpil with Chambers for a -4 hit.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Mannone Krul
    Ulloa Aguero Costa.

1FT

Thoughts?

Why not Azpi to Jagielka?

Ulloa to Wellbeck / Pelle is an obvious one.

wonski wrote: »
    Why not Azpi to Jagielka?

Ulloa to Wellbeck / Pelle is an obvious one.

I'm afraid he can't afford that move. Ulloa to Pellè requires at least a £ 2.2m upgrade (and I'd bet he has to add at least £0.1m to that accounting for the price he got Ulloa at). So with £0.3m in bank, he can only afford defenders worth £4.0m to get Pellè and worth £4.7m to get Welbeck.
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Mannone Krul
    Ulloa Aguero Costa.

1FT

Thoughts?

It's hard to be sure but I don't think neither the players you consider moving in/out nor Pellè will move in price tonight. So ideally you could wait for news about ADM injury. If it's confirmed and considering his next 2 fixtures you could get Eriksen for him and either Welbeck or Pellè upfront.

Chambers is appealing alright considering his price and Arsenal fixtures. But Arsenal are really struggling as a team and they only got 1 CS... It may not be such a good idea...

Looking at your defenders, you have the Clyne/Moore Sou/Lei rotation and WBA's Wisdom and Sto's Wilson. If you wish to play the rotation at the back you could get AV's Hutton to rotate with Wisdom or Swa's Taylor to rotate with Wilson. AV have very decent fixtures coming. Swansea have a great home fixture coming, then 3 tough ones (especially the 2 away) but Stoke have good ones in the meantime (the 2 at home) and then it eases again.
    Ideally a Spurs defender would be great but out of your budget. Ideally again Eve's Alcaraz would continue playing and at £4.3m for such a team he'd be a bargain.

If you want Pellè (though you never mentioned it :D) it'll be tough though since you'd be forced to get a £4.0m def leaving you only one possibility with New's Dummet. But I'm quite sure you'd not be excited doubling up on Newcastle defense...

• Advertisement

I'm afraid he can't afford that move. Ulloa to Pellè requires £2.1m upgrade. So with £0.3m in bank, he can only afford defenders worth £4.2m to get Pellè and worth £4.9m to get Welbeck.

Had a blondie moment here:o

I thought Jagielka and Chambers both were 4.4-4.5.

My apologies GiftofGab.

wonski wrote: »
    I thought Jagielka and Chambers both were 4.4-4.5.

If that was true he'd probably break the FPL rules and rise every single day of the week :D.

If that was true he'd probably break the FPL rules and rise every single day of the week :D.

I shall go to bed now:D

I have edited the post as soon as i spotted this but it has not been changed. I just thought they were at the same price, which is not true as everyone else knows.

Just ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Screenshot2014-10-24at085419_zpseed834de.png

I'd appreciate any opinions on this. I backed out of using my WC last week and am still in the same situation. Each week I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to ditch Mutch for Boyd so free up the cash. But each week another transfer distracts me and I can justify a -4 hit to bring in bench fodder.

As a result I'm unhappy about a number of things. I can't get Aguero in without wildcarding him in. So the only transfer that I can see is Berahino in for Ulloa. Or do I just bite the bullet and use my FT to hook Mutch and start building from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Which 3 of the following 5 defenders would you start this week:

Bertrand (H) v STK
    Taylor (H) v LEI
    Wisdeom (H) v CRY
    Chambers (A) v SUN
    Filipe Luis (A) v MUN

I made an impulse transfer bringing in luis last weekend, forgetting they will play UTd. I still think it could prove a good move if his value goes up and he may even retain his place. But I am thinking of benching him this week.

At the moment, I'm thinking Bertrand (nailed on), Wisdom and Chambers. Swansea's form is poor enough, so even though they are playing Leicester at home, for now he is on the bench.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

John83 wrote: »
    I'd appreciate any opinions on this. I backed out of using my WC last week and am still in the same situation. Each week I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to ditch Mutch for Boyd so free up the cash. But each week another transfer distracts me and I can justify a -4 hit to bring in bench fodder.

As a result I'm unhappy about a number of things. I can't get Aguero in without wildcarding him in. So the only transfer that I can see is Berahino in for Ulloa. Or do I just bite the bullet and use my FT to hook Mutch and start building from there.

Costa -> Aguero affordable? Though you missed Costa price fall yesterday and I guess lost £0.1m for selling.

Ulloa definitely has to go. Again you missed 2 price drops for him and at least 1 price rise for Berahino. But better be late than sorry ;). You may consider Sakho from West Ham. He's on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

mectavba wrote: »

Bertrand (H) v STK
    Taylor (H) v LEI
    Wisdeom (H) v CRY
    Chambers (A) v SUN
    Filipe Luis (A) v MUN

I made an impulse transfer bringing in luis last weekend, forgetting they will play UTd. I still think it could prove a good move if his value goes up and he may even retain his place. But I am thinking of benching him this week.

At the moment, I'm thinking Bertrand (nailed on), Wisdom and Chambers. Swansea's form is poor enough, so even though they are playing Leicester at home, for now he is on the bench.

Any thoughts?

I'd play the 3 defenders at home. Good chance of a CS for each one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Koscielny is out again so I wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bertrand (H) v STK
    Taylor (H) v LEI
    Wisdeom (H) v CRY
    Chambers (A) v SUN
    Filipe Luis (A) v MUN

have the first three myself and I'm starting them

Neoulous wrote: »
    Costa -> Aguero affordable? Though you missed Costa price fall yesterday and I guess lost £0.1m for selling.

Ulloa definitely has to go. Again you missed 2 price drops for him and at least 1 price rise for Berahino. But better be late than sorry ;). You may consider Sakho from West Ham. He's on fire.

I'm finding it very difficult to keep up with the price changes this season.

I'm tempted to do this now and hope that the two strikers make up for the -4 hit on hooking Mutch.

Screenshot2014-10-24at110042_zps39c0d50a.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Bertrand (H) v STK
    Taylor (H) v LEI
    Wisdeom (H) v CRY
    Chambers (A) v SUN
    Filipe Luis (A) v MUN

Any thoughts?

I'd go With Bertrand, Taylor and flip a coin between Chambers and Luis. Possibly go with Luis because i expect Sunderland to be MUCH better this week and Arsenal are weak at the back.
    Also can see Chelsea beating United to nil and Luis could get some attackin returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Manquillo > Rose
    Wilson > Coleman
    ADM > Eriksen

worth a 4 point hit?
    Very very wary about getting rid of ADM but feel the point spread over the season will be made up by strengthening other areas.

JR6 wrote: »
    I'd go With Bertrand, Taylor and flip a coin between Chambers and Luis. Possibly go with Luis because i expect Sunderland to be MUCH better this week and Arsenal are weak at the back.
    Also can see Chelsea beating United to nil and Luis could get some attackin returns.

I'm planning on going with Wisdom (Palace at home) over Terry. Bad move?
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Manquillo > Rose
    Wilson > Coleman
    ADM > Eriksen

worth a 4 point hit?
    Very very wary about getting rid of ADM but feel the point spread over the season will be made up by strengthening other areas.

I think Spurs will have a good weekend against Newcastle so you may see most of that -8 being negated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I think Spurs will have a good weekend against Newcastle so you may see most of that -8 being negated.

I've 2 free transfers so it'll only be a -4 hit but yeah I wanna get some spurs coverage in..especially eriksen as i really think he could kick on now. Just don't know whether to pull the trigger on ADM or not!! Been wrecking my head all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I've 2 free transfers so it'll only be a -4 hit but yeah I wanna get some spurs coverage in..especially eriksen as i really think he could kick on now. Just don't know whether to pull the trigger on ADM or not!! Been wrecking my head all week.

I'm in a similar situation. Have used to 1FT to switch Costa to Pelle. Just can't decide whether to go ADM to Eriksen with the second FT!

I feel it will be an 11:28 Saturday morning transfer if I do it!

Well you can't have everyone :P I'm in the same situation; afraid to move away from the template midfield. I've been thinking of shifting Sterling on but the fact that he's all Liverpool have at the moment is making me keep him.

What I'd do is look at the fixtures over the next 4-5 weeks and then back whoever is likely to return more.

ADM:
    Chelsea (H)
    Man City (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Hull (H)

Eriksen:
    Newcastle (H)
    Aston Villa (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Hull (A)

Everton (H)

While ADM has two prime fixtures to score highly, I think the Chelsea and City games are going to be too tight for him to have much influence.
    Eriksen has a nice run and, in my opinion, will match ADM's return at a minimum.

Jeez, I'm almost convincing myself to get switch him out now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well you can't have everyone :P I'm in the same situation; afraid to move away from the template midfield. I've been thinking of shifting Sterling on but the fact that he's all Liverpool have at the moment is making me keep him.

What I'd do is look at the fixtures over the next 4-5 weeks and then back whoever is likely to return more.

ADM:
    Chelsea (H)
    Man City (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Hull (H)

Eriksen:
    Newcastle (H)
    Aston Villa (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Hull (A)

Everton (H)

While ADM has two prime fixtures to score highly, I think the Chelsea and City games are going to be too tight for him to have much influence.
    Eriksen has a nice run and, in my opinion, will match ADM's return at a minimum.

Jeez, I'm almost convincing myself to get switch him out now :eek:

On top of this, there is the price difference. For me, there's a 2.1m difference and that could make a big difference throughout the rest of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Personally i'd go with Terry. May get a clean sheet and also a threat at set pieces to grab a goal.

Just had a look there and seen Palace have scored in 6 out of 8 FPL games this season. Also scored in 3 from 4 away games. I fancy both West Brom and Palace to score in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bertrand (H) v STK
    Taylor (H) v LEI
    Wisdeom (H) v CRY
    Chambers (A) v SUN
    Filipe Luis (A) v MUN

Any thoughts?

Bertrand, Taylor, Chambers for me, I'd fancy Arsenal at the back at Sunderland more than WBA home to Palace

• Advertisement

So can anyone talk me out of doing this -8?

Screenshot2014-10-24at110042_zps39c0d50a.png

(I've already brought in Berahino).

Advertisement