Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guzan – Krul
    Zab – Terry – Wisdom – Taylor – Dummett
    Sanchez – Silva – Hazard – Boyd
    Costa – Austin – Bony

£1.1m ITB

Used my FT this week to get Terry in.

Thinking of switching Bony out next week for a £9.6m or less striker. Maybe Jovetic or Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    In regard to Fernandez, I still think you have too many expensive defenders. Each week you are going to be leaving two players worth 4.5, 4.3 or 4.9 on the bench.

That's why I go for one expensive (Terry), one mid priced (Naylor) and then three cheapies (Dummett, Wisdom and Hutton). Naylor and Terry play every week and then one of the other three. Means I'm leaving a minimum amount on the bench.

I don't buy that. You'd seriously play Naylor every week even when he has the worst fixture of the 5? The fact he's a bit dearer than the other 3 shouldn't sway you to playing him every week regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jebforever wrote: »
    I don't buy that. You'd seriously play Naylor every week even when he has the worst fixture of the 5? The fact he's a bit dearer than the other 3 shouldn't sway you to playing him every week regardless.

He'd play most weeks. I phrased it badly saying every week. Of course if one of the other three have a better fixture they'll play.

The crux of my point I'd more about the make up of the defence. Four defenders 4.5 and over is overkill IMO when you'll only need to play two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Played Wildcard earlier. Could I get some opinions on my team? I gave an account of my team in a previous post but will repeat it below. Cheers.

I have enough funds to bring Augero in for Austin.

I've bulked up in defence with Terry and Alderweireld. Cover at the back spans between Southampton, Chelsea, Villa, Sunderland and Burnley so this should do me till end of season.

I have an additional 0.2m to "upgrade" my cheapie defenders if needs be, i.e. Baird/Bruce to Duff/Yun/Wasilweski.

If I want that 4th premium midfielder, I can always take Terry out and bring Sterling or Di Maria in for example.

Any advice welcome :)

2a93ds2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think Downing and Siggy are better 4th mids than Chadli, especially if you have Kane. Baird and Bruce aren't nailed; you wouldn't want to have to waste a FT on them later.

• Advertisement

I think Downing and Siggy are better 4th mids than Chadli, especially if you have Kane. Baird and Bruce aren't nailed; you wouldn't want to have to waste a FT on them later.

Both good points that have crossed my mind. Chadli is in excellent form with great fixtures coming up. But if needs be can always bring in Downing (or Siggy if I have my money).

You're right, I'd hate to waste a transfer on them. I'm very tempted to risk it though. Bruce seems to be getting gametime so might stick with him. Baird is extremely risky so might end up bringing in Duff/Wasilweski for him. Thanks for feedback.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You're right, I'd hate to waste a transfer on them. I'm very tempted to risk it though. Bruce seems to be getting gametime so might stick with him. Baird is extremely risky so might end up bringing in Duff/Wasilweski for him. Thanks for feedback.

Michael Dawson is back soon for Hull though. If bank dictates then having one passenger isn't terrible; I've had Moore since GW1 and don't think it's affected me.

Michael Dawson is back soon for Hull though. If bank dictates then having one passenger isn't terrible; I've had Moore since GW1 and don't think it's affected me.

Yeah he could well lose his place. I'm rejigging my defence as we speak for the laugh. Now have Alderweireld, Cahill, Cameron, Duff and Hutton but have downgraded Boyd to Tiote. I'm sure I'll continue to chop and change will next week :)

One thing to note about Siggy. I have a friend who supports Swansea and he's mentioned a few times that he has big worries about the next month for them.

He reckons their three best players this season are Ki, Bony and Fabianski, two of that trio are gone for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

One thing to note about Siggy. I have a friend who supports Swansea and he's mentioned a few times that he has big worries about the next month for them.

He reckons their three best players this season are Ki, Bony and Fabianski, two of that trio are gone for the next month.

from what I've see of bony the last few weeks he won't be back. there was something not right last few weeks. monk was not resting him sure why would he? bony wants out again I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    from what I've see of bony the last few weeks he won't be back. there was something not right last few weeks. monk was not resting him sure why would he? bony wants out again I think

Man City have supposedly made enquires.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Man City have supposedly made enquires.

I don't see why tbh, where does he fit in when Aguero and Dzeko are fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ciang

Should I swap Austin for Kane?

ciang wrote: »
    Should I swap Austin for Kane?

Austin has bad fixtures mostly now. Not convinced by Kane myself. Still strikes me as someone who'll be playing for QPR or Hull by January 31st 2016 but by all means it might be an idea to ride the value train and hope he can keep form.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You'd have to wonder how capable a replacement Gomis is going to be. The understanding that Siggy and Bony seem to have has been a major factor in the amount of points Siggy has racked up this season.

CSF wrote: »
    Austin has bad fixtures mostly now. Not convinced by Kane myself. Still strikes me as someone who'll be playing for QPR or Hull by January 31st 2016 but by all means it might be an idea to ride the value train and hope he can keep form.

He can be working on Xtravision for all I care as long as he bangs on a few more goals over the next few weeks. ..

I've just got him in by the way!

dahat wrote: »
    He can be working on Xtravision for all I care as long as he bangs on a few more goals over the next few weeks. ..

I've just got him in by the way!

Haha well the general theme there was that I don't think he will meet the hype, wouldn't be backing him over the big hitters.

Haha well the general theme there was that I don't think he will meet the hype, wouldn't be backing him over the big hitters.

He will score given the chances but I'd have him as a 3rd striker only, couldn't rely on him over Kin etc as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't see why tbh, where does he fit in when Aguero and Dzeko are fit?

aguero back in 2 weeks .....bony back from ACON in 3\4 weeks
    aguero injured in 4\5 weeks
    bony time :D

I've been impressed with Kane the last month. I was always targeting this next GW to bring him in so am disappointed he exploded right before. Of course Spurs could always sign another striker, but I don't see Adebayor or Soldado displacing him anytime soon.

He's definitely on my monitor list to get rid of on WC; Gomis getting a couple goals today should give him more confidence (I'm aware it was Tranmere). Siggy should be on pens as well for the next month. If I had the transfers I would be sorely tempted to bring in Adam Johnson. On his annual purple patch and kind fixtures ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You'd have to wonder how capable a replacement Gomis is going to be. The understanding that Siggy and Bony seem to have has been a major factor in the amount of points Siggy has racked up this season.

I have no idea how he's integrated in this Swnasea team and how he could fit in it on the field but as I already said here he scored 10+ goals for 8 consecutive seasons in the French league for Saint-Etienne and Lyon. He's no Aguero of course but a decent forward. I'm very surprised he sees so little gametime in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gomis is a decent player, though not on the same level as Bony currently. I can see Siggy getting in to the box more often in Bony's absence, i can imagine this would be Monk's instructions to him

iroced wrote: »
    I have no idea how he's integrated in this Swnasea team and how he could fit in it on the field but as I already said here he scored 10+ goals for 8 consecutive seasons in the French league for Saint-Etienne and Lyon. He's no Aguero of course but a decent forward. I'm very surprised he sees so little gametime in fairness.

No offence mate but Marouane Chamakh managed 13 and 10 in the French League before he moved to Arsenal. What sort of quality is it?

It's rated number six in the coefficients and is below Portugal:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

No offence mate but Marouane Chamakh managed 13 and 10 in the French League before he moved to Arsenal. What sort of quality is it?

It's rated number six in the coefficients and is below Portugal:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

I know. Though the UEFA rankings is due to our poor European results. For some reasons most French club don't care about Europa League and wish to focus on Champions League, for which we don't have the level yet (though we have 2 clubs in the second round this year). Lyon made some good campaigns and now PSG is expected to get some results (2 quarters in a row is not too bad). I don't think the Portuguese championship is any better. It's down to 3 teams only (Porto, Benfica & Sporting).

Anyway, my point stands. You said it yourself without realising it: Chamakh had 2 good scoring seasons in a row and reached 10 goals only thrice out of 8 seasons. Gomis had 8 10+ goals seasons in a row out of 9 (the 9th being his first full one in league 1)! I'll add that during his 5 Lyon seasons (his best ones, e.g. 12 goals in 26 CL games) he was not the main forward (it was Lisandro Lopez) so his stats are very decent and not in the same category at all than the Moroccan ones (who was the main forward during all his best Bordeaux seasons).

I have no idea (and I think no one has anyway) how Gomis would compare with Bony if he was given regular starts but again I'm surprised he sees so little gametime...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

shiny new wc team as follows:

De Gea.

Alderwiereld, Ivanovic, Hutton

Silva, Hazard, Sanchez, Chadli.

Kane, Costa, Jovetic.

Given, Boyd, Wasilewski, Janmaat.

1.6M itb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

iroced wrote: »
    I know. Though the UEFA rankings is due to our poor European results. For some reasons most French club don't care about Europa League and wish to focus on Champions League, for which we don't have the level yet (though we have 2 clubs in the second round this year). Lyon made some good campaigns and now PSG is expected to get some results (2 quarters in a row is not too bad). I don't think the Portuguese championship is any better. It's down to 3 teams only (Porto, Benfica & Sporting).

Anyway, my point stands. You said it yourself without realising it: Chamakh had 2 good scoring seasons in a row and reached 10 goals only thrice out of 8 seasons. Gomis had 8 10+ goals seasons in a row out of 9 (the 9th being his first full one in league 1)! I'll add that during his 5 Lyon seasons (his best ones, e.g. 12 goals in 26 CL games) he was not the main forward (it was Lisandro Lopez) so his stats are very decent and not in the same category at all than the Moroccan ones (who was the main forward during all his best Bordeaux seasons).

I have no idea (and I think no one has anyway) how Gomis would compare with Bony if he was given regular starts but again I'm surprised he sees so little gametime...

Don't get the time to watch French football any more but Gomis was top notch with Saint Etienne but never seemed to get going with Lyon. With a run of games he has potential but you couldn't advocate bringing him in until he starts scoring regularly considering the likes of Austin and Kane are cheaper.

Agreed with your point on the co-efficient, the same happened with Serie A co-efficient as none of the Italian teams bothered with the Europa League and the lost the extra champions league spot a few years back. Definitely more overall quality in Ligue 1 than the Portuguese league.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Don't get the time to watch French football any more but Gomis was top notch with Saint Etienne but never seemed to get going with Lyon. With a run of games he has potential but you couldn't advocate bringing him in until he starts scoring regularly considering the likes of Austin and Kane are cheaper.
    Oh yeah I would definitely not advocate to anyone to bring him in. I'm just very surprised of his situation in Swansea considering his solid scoring background in the French league.
    qwabercd wrote: »
    Agreed with your point on the co-efficient, the same happened with Serie A co-efficient as none of the Italian teams bothered with the Europa League and the lost the extra champions league spot a few years back. Definitely more overall quality in Ligue 1 than the Portuguese league.
    Yeah. The ridiculous thing with French football is that all year clubs are fighting for the European spots and the next year they mostly complain about the games every 3 days, lack of money power compared to English, Spanish, German & Italian clubs, blablabla... But recently French clubs have been shamefully knocked out by Cypriot, Danish, Romanian or Hungarian clubs :rolleyes:... I mean this year our best performing club in Europa league is Guingamp (a 7000 people little town).
    In addition we've seen an increase of restrictive tactics defensive football in the last 15 years which adds boredom to the lack of results. Fortunately it seems to get better lately with new (young) coaches with more attacking tactis (Blanc at PSG and of course Bielsa at Marseille this year, Gourvennec at Guingamp, Fournier at Lyon, even Casanova at Toulouse who used to be mocked for his over-restrictive gameplans completely changed his philosophy last year and now adopted a Spanish-like football mentality...) but we're still far from what we used to be in the 80ies/90ies...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Current team (mid Wildcard)

Heaton

Wisdom - Demicihils - Terry

Di Maria - Sigurdsson - Fabregas - Sanchez

Austin - Costa - Kane

Bench: Pantillimon - Boyd - Van Aanholt - Bertrand

Bank: £0.2m :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wild Card Possibly

Guzan - Given

Azpilicueta - Alderweild - Wisdom - W.Reid - Van Aaholt

Silva - Sanchez - Hazard - Chadli - Boyd

Kane - Costa - Aguero

0.1 in the bank !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Iago wrote: »
    Current team (mid Wildcard)

Heaton

Wisdom - Demicihils - Terry

Di Maria - Sigurdsson - Fabregas - Sanchez

Austin - Costa - Kane

Bench: Pantillimon - Boyd - Van Aanholt - Bertrand

Bank: £0.2m :(

It's a nice team, but I think I'd have Hazard over Fab, based on current form. I'd downgrade Demicheles to get the necessary funds. City have been poor at the back recently. If Alderwireld gave you the funds I'd go with him.

Advertisement