Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How excruciatingly annoying is Brian Kerr's commentary?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So that’s a ‘plus ‘ for the lad?

God help us all so.

Would someone tell Kenny Cunningham to slow the fuhherke down.

Who in RTE approves these lads , for fuheerkes sake have some criteria for these positions.

Like grammatical understanding…..would be a start.

Shows complete disrespect for the listener as if any auld shïte Kerr and his fellow travelers pipe out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

Well Man of the Match was probably thinking he was getting the "you are taking the P*ss" award 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Hes not Richie 'Id bore the dead' Sadlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Brian sounds bad on virgin media. Sounds hoarse.. Could be covid?

Sounds bad!!

Nothing new there, shaft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's only a shame we can't clone the great man and have him co-commentate on every football match for the rest of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Richard dunne with a face on him like someone gave him a wedgie

Hopefully Kerr is not involved this gayam

Ooohhhhh DAddy……. At least he’s not co-com.

BT Sport it is.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Great to hear him again.

Top man Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kerr seems like an eminently likeable fellow… im not sure about him as a pundit or co commentator. You could win world cups or a plethora or trophies have all the trophies in the world and be an average pundit..as big a fan as I am of Roy Keane the footballer I’m not sure he adds much as a pundit. Improving a bit, but..

when Giles, Dunphy we’re in their pomp they were good to listen to, not always right but they added a certain intelligible and nuanced double act of insight….

A classmate of mine was in the Ireland Euro Championship winning under 18 squad, I forget if he was in the under 16’s that won too but he was always thoroughly and emphatically a fan of Kerr….

Couldn’t warm to the boy, kind of barrow boy attitude about him.

Certainly not as co-com……nah.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The great man is on now.

This is brilliant.

Hopefully he won’t be around the place tonight?

Great to have the man as the main pundit on both Newstalk and Virgin Media. Great turn of phrase, obvious passion for the game, and his preparation/research for each game is obvious.

The great man is on now.

Who in Gods name is that lad on co.commentary on the Scotland game.

”Kiernan” Tierney

”Landon” Dykes

C’mon now, that’s off the wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I like Brian Kerr, very knowledgeable and passionate about the game.

I have no time for Jackeens’ in general, but I will make an exception for a few of the True Blue sorts who never lost their accent, and have a wonderful use of language.

Brian Kerr

Roddy Collins

Joe Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

I agree that Brian Kerr is a national treasure. His accent is one of those old Dublin types, quite heart warming and amusing.

My Jasus. !!!!

Just goes on and on and on. Just so horribly long winded. Also pronounces "team" as "tay-um".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Brian Kerr is a Dublin treasure. I love his passion for the game. A St Patrick's Athletic and League of Ireland man first and foremost. His knowledge of the game is second to none. One of the best pundits be it tv or radio. A sound man, also, with a great sense of humour.

I get the feeling there's some kind of running joke in here where people praise him effusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Nonsense, the man is an excellent contributor. Has a delivery that auld Mr. Brennan, hisself, would be proud of.

The only people who seem to take umbrage with Mr. Kerr are the types who would appear to, regularly, get very “bound up” and lash out at those about them as a result.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Not seeing this running joke thing either, all I see is praise for a funny and knowledgeable pundit who has a great way with words, it's not that strange is it?

Advertisement