Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Technofobe wrote: »
    That worked great Zardoz :-)
    I just did a manual scan & pulled them in using those frequencies
    cheers

Do you happen to know if there is an AutoBouquets for hyper 4
    & will it work if I have all my channels in 1 favorites bouquet

Thanks for your help

It's in your plugins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

hallo dare wrote: »
    It's in your plugins
    thanks for the quick reply but cant find it in my plugins or downloadable plugins
    have checked twice
    Maybe i need to go to specsavers after all :-)

The image that I am using is not a backup of the images here
    and I think I uninstalled a lot from it when I put it on the box

Thanks

thanks for the quick reply but cant find it in my plugins or downloadable plugins
    have checked twice
    Maybe i need to go to specsavers after all :-)

The image that I am using is not a backup of the images here
    and I think I uninstalled a lot from it when I put it on the box

Thanks

Quickest option is to flash a v4 from here, unless someone has an AutoBouquets plugin they can put up.

Quickest option is to flash a v4 from here, unless someone has an AutoBouquets plugin they can put up.

Thanks Hallo Dare
    I will leave it alone so as I am really happy with the way it is setup at the mo
    just thought it might save me retuning channels from time to time
    Thanks again :-)

Thanks Hallo Dare
    I will leave it alone so as I am really happy with the way it is setup at the mo
    just thought it might save me retuning channels from time to time
    Thanks again :-)

No problem. You can always do a backup of your own and flash v4 and see how you go.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    OpenATV for Spark is coming soon

Great news OpenAtv have announced that they are releasing a Pre beta Image for a small set of SH4 Models including the Alien 1 and Alien 2

This is big news
    looks nice almost a kind of windows 8 look to it
    Has anyone tried it yet ?

Itching to get at it! But the wife is present, so it's a no go for this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats the Metrix HD skin ,prefer PLi HD myself which I couldnt find in the download server .

I tried it earlier,got a good bit of stuff running on it but had to give it up as had to paint the tv room.

I was very impressed with what I saw,very nice and stable.
    OpenATV images are probably my favourite.

Was there a sky skin in there Zardoz? May download and install one if there isn't.

Was there a sky skin in there Zardoz? May download and install one if there isn't.

I didnt see one,highly unlikely ,I'd imagine a skin like that would have copyright issues and wouldnt be on a plugins server.

Just bear in mind this image is still a pre release beta so it might be buggy.

• Advertisement

I didnt see one,highly unlikely ,I'd imagine a skin like that would have copyright issues and wouldnt be on a plugins server.

Just bear in mind this image is still a pre release beta so it might be buggy.

Sound. I've one downloaded anyway. So I'll throw it on when i can

This receiver is going to be the Dogs you know what with these new image developments.

This receiver is going to be the Dogs you know what with these new image developments.

Big time. It really has come on a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've been using FreshPots Hyperion V4 image and it has suddenly got very 'buggy'!

It gets stuck on a channel and no amount of pushing buttons on the remote will shift it. I have turned it off and back on again and it works for a while again. When it is stuck on a channel it works perfectly except I can't change the channel or change the volume! Reverted to Spark for the moment!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

cyndale wrote: »
    I've been using FreshPots Hyperion V4 image and it has suddenly got very 'buggy'!

It gets stuck on a channel and no amount of pushing buttons on the remote will shift it. I have turned it off and back on again and it works for a while again. When it is stuck on a channel it works perfectly except I can't change the channel or change the volume! Reverted to Spark for the moment!:eek:

Yeah, i have that too, restart enigma every few days and delete the crossepg database and build it from scratch weekly

Yeah, i have that too, restart enigma every few days and delete the crossepg database and build it from scratch weekly

I have set mine so that when I do a short press of the power button on the remote it goes to shutdown not ( false standby )and then when switched back on it does a full boot every time and dont have any problems with lag or slow response
    Also there is no autoboquets installed nor any picons
    just a very bare image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.1 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This is a game changer image for these boxes.
    Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder struture like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed
    VFD Diskplay now fully skinned with e2 hardware depend
    complete fresh Build all tools and linux from July 2014 no more old libs and binarys

Full Feature openATV Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets July 2014 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels. Free to view require active card in top slot. Insert upside down)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version (Smart dns required for BBC and ITV player) Now includes TV3 player
    Remotechannelstreamconverter
    Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    MediaPortal.
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.
    infoscreen_zps2076fcf6.jpg

demand_zpsf769f378.jpg

menu_zpsd0eda935.jpg

plugins_zpsf866979d.jpg
    Backup Link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un0urrb6weq4yd5/AACt507f3lt0S641mC5ylStsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Cheers, itching to try this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I got this wifi stick but cannot get it to work in a few of the images linked from this thread. I tried enabling the drivers in Blue Panel- one of them allowed wifi access points to be detected but if I tried to connect to one it just exited. Any ideas?

kc66 wrote: »
    I got but cannot get it to work in a few of the images linked from this thread. I tried enabling the drivers in Blue Panel- one of them allowed wifi access points to be detected but if I tried to connect to one it just exited. Any ideas?

You don't say what box or what image your using at the moment
    does it work in spark ?
    just to rule out a faulty item

Also could be a good time to test out the new OpenAtv image posted by Givecredit above
    might be a better driver in that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I got this wifi stick but cannot get it to work in a few of the images linked from this thread. I tried enabling the drivers in Blue Panel- one of them allowed wifi access points to be detected but if I tried to connect to one it just exited. Any ideas?

wifi sticks are run on gereally 3 different chipsets on some enigma 2 images you need to choose to activate the drivers for your specific dongle chipset

most of them are raillink5070 i think it is just check your dongle details

you then need to go into network and activate wifi lan

and in use interface and enter all you wifi sid and password and encryption type etc can be a bit awkward to set up

You don't say what box or what image your using at the moment
    does it work in spark ?
    just to rule out a faulty item

Also could be a good time to test out the new OpenAtv image posted by Givecredit above
    might be a better driver in that

Sorry, thought this was only amiko alien 2 thread (thats the box Im using). I tried all the images in this post. Ill try that new one. It works in spark.
    Nowso wrote: »
    wifi sticks are run on gereally 3 different chipsets on some enigma 2 images you need to choose to activate the drivers for your specific dongle chipset

most of them are raillink5070 i think it is just check your dongle details

you then need to go into network and activate wifi lan

and in use interface and enter all you wifi sid and password and encryption type etc can be a bit awkward to set up

I tried all that I think- activated all the drivers included in the images, looks like I need to install a different driver but I dont know where to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

givecredit wrote: »
    Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.1 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This is a game changer image for these boxes.
    Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder struture like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed
    VFD Diskplay now fully skinned with e2 hardware depend
    complete fresh Build all tools and linux from July 2014 no more old libs and binarys

Full Feature openATV Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

Backup Link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un0urrb6weq4yd5/AACt507f3lt0S641mC5ylStsa

Loaded it up on my box and it seems like it could be a good image in the future but as its still in beta its quite buggy. Also having similar issues with saorview as I had with champs ar-p image. Sometimes one mux works, sometimes 2 do but I'm getting picture breakup on mux 2 when it does work. Good to see the ondemand plugin working. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this image but for now I'll stick with H4.

Sorry, thought this was only amiko alien 2 thread (thats the box Im using). I tried all the images in this post. Ill try that new one. It works in spark.

I tried all that I think- activated all the drivers included in the images, looks like I need to install a different driver but I dont know where to find it.

what chipset is in your wifi dongle ???

try it in spark n see will it connect up

Nowso wrote: »
    what chipset is in your wifi dongle ???

try it in spark n see will it connect up

From this link it appears to be RALINK RT5370. Yes it works in spark.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Loaded it up on my box and it seems like it could be a good image in the future but as its still in beta its quite buggy. Also having similar issues with saorview as I had with champs ar-p image. Sometimes one mux works, sometimes 2 do but I'm getting picture breakup on mux 2 when it does work. Good to see the ondemand plugin working. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this image but for now I'll stick with H4.

Same as that! Hv4 will do perfect for now. To be fair, it does all i want of it!

Same as that! Hv4 will do perfect for now. To be fair, it does all i want of it!

Yeah I will be sticking with Hyperion 4 for the time being too ,its an excellent image but needs a bit of tweaking and modifications to get it to where I want it.

Current mods I have are an extended keymapper,amixer audio boost,replacement teletext font,history zap selector and record infobar .
    Its running brilliantly now ,the only issue I have is sometimes with recording but I think that could be a hard drive issue.

Openatv have alot of plugins and functions like history zap selector built in so its a much more user friendly image .
    They have alot of plugins on their download server too ,so not as much need to ftp stuff in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The openatv image does allow for some nicer features such as Ondemand plugin and a better now, next later epg amongst other things so once it's stable I'll definitely be switching.

Hyperion v4 does what it does well but openatv seems more advanced.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    The openatv image does allow for some nicer features such as Ondemand plugin and a better now, next later epg amongst other things so once it's stable I'll definitely be switching.

You can get a similar epg layout on Hyperion with a few teaks .

• Advertisement

From this link it appears to be RALINK RT5370. Yes it works in spark.

should be fine its awkward setting up enigma 2 via wifi as all the images are set for wireless as defalt

i think its hyperion 4 u were using . u need to go into bluepkt setting and activate settings for it there aswell as tne network settings

its takes a bit of getting as its different on different images

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement