Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

mossym wrote: »
    are you sure it;s 56? i thought they were usually 3 apart. did you try deleting the existing channels before scanning, i had to do that to get it to work

Ya, according to the saorview website at least, it's Channels 46,56
    I tried setting "Clear before scan" to Yes, but got the same results.
    I might try again this evening and see if I can delete the existing channels first.
    Thanks for your help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

davehal wrote: »
    I might try again this evening and see if I can delete the existing channels first.
    Thanks for your help

no bother, you've exhausted the extent of my knowledge now though so sorry..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

(EDIT, Apologies, first line was a tad confusing, removed now).

Scan your first MUX with clear before scan set to yes, then before you scan your second MUX be sure that CLEAR BEFORE SCAN is set to no, then scan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

hallo dare wrote: »
    Don't activate clear before scan.

Scan your first MUX, then before you scan your second MUX be sure that CLEAR BEFORE SCAN is set to no, then scan.

sorry, yeah, thats a good point. only do the clear before scan before the first scan.

on the image i downloaded though, i couldn't get it to work until i cleared before scan the first time

mossym wrote: »
    sorry, yeah, thats a good point. only do the clear before scan before the first scan.

on the image i downloaded though, i couldn't get it to work until i cleared before scan the first time

Ok, thanks! I'll try again this evening so.
    Scan on first channel with clear before scan set to YES
    Then scan on the second channel with clear before scan set to NO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Ok, thanks! I'll try again this evening so.
    Scan on first channel with clear before scan set to YES
    Then scan on the second channel with clear before scan set to NO

I think you may want to read Hallo Dare's post again
    The way I would take this up would be not to clear before scan ? :-)
    But I suppose no matter which way you do it will only take a few mins anyway

CLEAR BEFORE SCAN is set to no

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Technofobe wrote: »
    Did you do a blind scan ?
    As I have done a scan on my father in laws box and it missed some channels when set to only FTA

Its kinda wierd but the channels that came up 'tuned failed' were working later. Would the timing of the scan be important, if there was heav rain would this affect channels picked up in the scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

BETA OpenATV 4.2 backup Image for Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162
    Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.2 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder structure like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed

Full Feature openATV 4.2 Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets 21st August 2014 version (All unwanted channels removed)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version (Smart dns required for BBC and ITV player) Now includes TV3 player
    Rats Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    rte player
    oscam
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.
    atv2_zps67581920.jpg

Link here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqanomrt5xw6xd5/back_of_e2atv4.2.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

givecredit wrote: »
    BETA OpenATV 4.2 backup Image for Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162
    Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.2 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

How would you rate OpenAtv at this stage givecredit ,is it stable enough yet to switch from Hyperion 4 which is solid as a rock once configured correctly?

Zardoz wrote: »
    How would you rate OpenAtv at this stage givecredit ,is it stable enough yet to switch from Hyperion 4 which is solid as a rock once configured correctly?

Both images are good. But at this stage openATV has much more to offer. I have been using it as primary image since 4.2 was released. It works very well. Once reason alone to switch is that the remote is now much more user friendly to use. No need for small fingers to change bouquets anymore. :) The addition of OnDemand tv and Tunein Radio is nice too.

One word of caution. I find downloading software updates via software management impacts on receiver performance. The image can get sluggish.
    If you want to upgrade then reflash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Hi, I'm running hyperion v4 and I cannot get the timeshift to work, hdd is connected ok with ext3 but if I leave timeshift on permanent it gives hardlink error everytime I change channel, also is there a short cut to swap from sat to saorview channels.

Both images are good. But at this stage openATV has much more to offer. I have been using it as primary image since 4.2 was released. It works very well. Once reason alone to switch is that the remote is now much more user friendly to use. No need for small fingers to change bouquets anymore. :) The addition of OnDemand tv and Tunein Radio is nice too.

One word of caution. I find downloading software updates via software management impacts on receiver performance. The image can get sluggish.
    If you want to upgrade then reflash.

Thanks ,great info .
    I actually like the keymapping on Hyperion ,I use the extended keymap plugin which is superb but I guess OpenAtv is more user friendly .
    Hopefully a non beta ATV image isnt far off,I will stick with Hyperion until then I think .

Thanks ,great info .
    Hopefully a non beta ATV image isnt far off.

You might be waiting a while. I gather HDMU images for Alien2 are still in beta!

You might be waiting a while. I gather HDMU images for Alien2 are still in beta!

lol,yes you are correct .:eek:
    Would the wife need retraining to use the remote with Openatv though ,if it isnt broken dont fix it .She is like a pig in you know what atm ,I can barely get a look in to watch anything .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

lol,yes you are correct .:eek:
    Would the wife need retraining to use the remote with Openatv though ,if it isnt broken dont fix it .She is like a pig in you know what atm ,I can barely get a look in to watch anything .:(

You will have to go to another forum to get help!:D

@Givecredit, One of the things I disliked about openATV was that when in the menu's and you press P+/- it doesn't move like on H4, the left/right button changes it instead. Is it still like that on your image or do you know the path and line so I can change it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

I'm still having a bit of trouble mounting USB's / HDD on the AA2. I'm currently running Hyp 4. Is there a particular way the Drive should be partitioned or can I should I just be able to fomat in ext3 and plug in?

TIA.

I'm still having a bit of trouble mounting USB's / HDD on the AA2. I'm currently running Hyp 4. Is there a particular way the Drive should be partitioned or can I should I just be able to fomat in ext3 and plug in?

TIA.

Formatted to ext3. You can do it in spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dudz

Just my opinion and experience with Open ATV v4.2
    I have tried both givecredit and champs versions.
    I have reverted back to my previous version of PKT and give will try Chanps ARP.

ATV PRO:
    Loaded fine.
    Love the interface.
    Fast on HDD browsing.

ATV CONS:
    VIDEO display malfunctions if set to AUTOMATIC 1080i.
    Certain MP4 file types fail to display, but audio is fine?
    (same files work fine in ARP and PKT and HDMU)

I will revisit OPEN ATV, but will have to wait for a few more revs.

Thanks to all for your contributions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

I came across this as I am looking at setting up power line adapter to extend Ethernet connectivity.

Would this be compatible with amiko alien 2 to provide multiroom.

http://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/files/dev_dLANTVSATMultituner_productsheet_EN_04.pdf

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

I came across this as I am looking at setting up power line adapter to extend Ethernet connectivity.

Would this be compatible with amiko alien 2 to provide multiroom.

http://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/files/dev_dLANTVSATMultituner_productsheet_EN_04.pdf

Cheers

No, that is not a homeplug, that works over an ip network. It creates a transcoded stream that pc's, tablets, smartphones and laptops can view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Ok. So the homeplugs connect to router and socket and allow net signal over electricity cable.

But would this box not allow satellite signal to be networked and sent over electricity wires to several STBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Ok. So the homeplugs connect to router and socket and allow net signal over electricity cable.

But would this box not allow satellite signal to be networked and sent over electricity wires to several STBs.

No, this box uses an ip network, has an ethernet interface. Homeplugs are an easy way to get connections to areas without running a cable but in reality they are very slow and don't always work, very dependent on the quality and layout of the electrical circuitry. This box also does not distribute a satellite signal, it transcodes the channels as streams

I have the latest version of HDMU (I think - taken from Firmware thread, uploaded by ZardoZ) loaded on my Alien2. The front screen on the box constantly says boot and the time is wrong. Does anyone know if there is a fix available for this?
    Another point is, if I go to Software Updates on the box, it says there are updates available but gives a warning saying that the latest Beta image may not be stable, so I haven't updated. Should I update? Box seems stable as it is, only issue I have at the moment is the front screen, so not really a big deal.

I have the latest version of HDMU (I think - taken from Firmware thread, uploaded by ZardoZ) loaded on my Alien2. The front screen on the box constantly says boot and the time is wrong. Does anyone know if there is a fix available for this?
    Another point is, if I go to Software Updates on the box, it says there are updates available but gives a warning saying that the latest Beta image may not be stable, so I haven't updated. Should I update? Box seems stable as it is, only issue I have at the moment is the front screen, so not really a big deal.
    have you checked in the downloadable plugins for I think it was called vfd fix or something like that

But I would have thought the latest stable image would have already had the vfdfix applied to get rid boot on the display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Hi guys,

I've been trying for 2 months now to get my Amiko Alien 2+ to run enigma without freezing/crashing. This always happens when playing back recorded programs. It may be more frequent when recordings are going on in the background but it still sometimes happens even when there's just the playback.

I call them freezes because I can still telnet to the box and reboot from there, but I can't see any logs at all of interest.

First I used givecredits's Hyperion image, which was great except for the freezes. Then getting tired of that I tried chapions's OpenATV, then freshpots OpenATV, then Freshpot's Hyperion. (I tried OpenARP but I could not tune a second mux so I couldn't use it.) All images give me at least a freeze/hang per day, and on one occasion over a 1 hour period 4 freezes all when I was pausing during adds so that it's gotten to the point where we fear skipping the adds.

Having been reading the forum quite a bit I know this seems abnormal, and so I wonder if anyone has any theories at all. I did try a different external HDD and cable, and yesterday I moved it to the front USB, but later that evening it crashed again.

At this point it looks like I'll have to at least try Spark, just to see if that is more stable. I've been avoiding doing that because if it is stable, I could end up stuck with it forever... to keep the wife happy. And I really like autotimer and the dreammote app to search the EPG. Sigh. Any thoughts anyone? The only other thing I could think of trying would be to access the storage over NFS. I do have a HP microserver, but I don't really want to leave that on all the time, and in theory you'd think that would be even more likely to have issues. Maybe I should post a similar question in the spark thread on the basis that the people there are going to be disgruntled enigma users!

Yours in desperation!
    Ix.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

spark is more stable

if its just for viewing tv , good picture quality and recording spark is the way to go

if i want any the other options i use my laptop etc

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

ixtlan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been trying for 2 months now to get my Amiko Alien 2+ to run enigma without freezing/crashing. This always happens when playing back recorded programs. It may be more frequent when recordings are going on in the background but it still sometimes happens even when there's just the playback.

I got 2 freezes during playback over a 3 month period - using a Hyperion 4 image (givecredits). so nothing like your frequency - but enough to annoy my wife!
    I am using OpenATV at the moment and find the media player is better - more responsive.

You might have a faulty box, give spark a go and if it has problems then you will know it is the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Every Image that I install and run AB there is always 2 or 3 channels with no picture/signal So I then do a full channel scan and all is good but the channel list is all messed up on EPG so I then run AB for my area and then run CrossEPG which works but then the 2 or 3 channel's are back to having no picture .

So i have channels without a picture/signal so I do full scan, Do I do a full scan on both tuners and what should the setting be?

After I do a full scan what's the next step so that I get all the channels back in order without losing any again?

• Advertisement

thunda wrote: »
    Every Image that I install and run AB there is always 2 or 3 channels with no picture/signal So I then do a full channel scan and all is good but the channel list is all messed up on EPG so I then run AB for my area and then run CrossEPG which works but then the 2 or 3 channel's are back to having no picture .

So i have channels without a picture/signal so I do full scan, Do I do a full scan on both tuners and what should the setting be?

After I do a full scan what's the next step so that I get all the channels back in order without losing any again?
    you could do a scan and when you have the working channels
    use dreamboxedit to put them in the order you want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement