Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭deezell

Nickydee wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    All of the Saorview channels are listed in the EPG but no picture shows up when selected. I tried to do a manual scan of the Saorview channels but it wont allow me to select channel 30 33 for the three rock transponder. theres no option to do this. I will download that image you recommend and see how thst runs.
    Thanks again

The manual scan TPs are entered on frequency rather than channel number, as ch numbers can vary by region and bandwidth. You can look up the frequencies on the saorview site or on freetv.ie. Auto scan is foolproof, for manual, you must use 8mhz bandwidth, and you may also have to enter in the frequency plus 4, as the tuner uses the centre frequency as reference, whereas in the old analog days the channel frequency was at the very start of the band, in a system known as vestigial single sideband. Some tuners and operating systems do the the math automatically, so if you enter the channel number and region, it works out the correct centre frequency for the dtt channel.

Hi, yes full scan is done all channels are there but not all of them have picture, none of the Saorview channels are working. They work perfect in Spark so it must be the image i have.

Check that the Rte channels listed in the epg and bouquets are from sources you can see. The Rte channels in the general listing are from astra28.2, you need a card to see these. if your image has a saorview bouque, these might be from a transmitter outside your range. You need to use the last scanned list to find the dtt channels you can see, and move these into your bouquets replacing the other ones. Use dreambox edit program for this, or else press ok for the current channel list then menu to bring up list editing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickydee

Nah i think i will give up the ghost, i just cant get the Irish channels to work in E2 they work perfect in Spark. I have tried 4 different images, none work for me.

Five days into Hyperion, everything great, fired up oscam last night, no problems, went to set timer for today's match, and... Epg is on now next for all astra28.2. Forced download, updated epg, nothing. Download dialogue appears, database is there on disk. Any quick suggestions? Only thing I done since yesterday was to stop/ start oscam. I noticed that epg had been set to upload hourly ( Zardoz Image) I changed this to nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickydee

deezell wrote: »
    Check that the Rte channels listed in the epg and bouquets are from sources you can see. The Rte channels in the general listing are from astra28.2, you need a card to see these. if your image has a saorview bouque, these might be from a transmitter outside your range. You need to use the last scanned list to find the dtt channels you can see, and move these into your bouquets replacing the other ones. Use dreambox edit program for this, or else press ok for the current channel list then menu to bring up list editing options.

Many thanks for the reply, i am a total noob at all this, i see the channel list i have with the Saorview channels are from the Satellite so i need to get them from my aerial yes. The problem is they wont tune in. I had to do it manually in Spark, entering in all the channel numbers for the Three rock transporter 30 33 i think . But in this setup i cant do that its not showing up channel numbers just Frequency and bandwidth, which i have set at 8mhz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Nah i think i will give up the ghost, i just cant get the Irish channels to work in E2 they work perfect in Spark. I have tried 4 different images, none work for me.

Don't give up so easily! Have a look at this

http://www.saorview.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2RN-DTT-Television-Transmission-Network-Nov-2013.pdf

You need to scan 546000 and 57000 and don't clear before scan on second scan. Then go to last scanned bouquet and you'll see them there. Pressing menu will allow you to add them to the favourites bouquet. You'll need to delete the ones that are currently in favourites as they must be for a different transmitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Five days into Hyperion, everything great, fired up oscam last night, no problems, went to set timer for today's match, and... Epg is on now next for all astra28.2. Forced download, updated epg, nothing. Download dialogue appears, database is there on disk. Any quick suggestions? Only thing I done since yesterday was to stop/ start oscam. I noticed that epg had been set to upload hourly ( Zardoz Image) I changed this to nightly.

Go into the cross epg setting and storage device should be set to name of your hard drive or thumbstick I had dame problem setting up a box for my mate the storage device was set to expansion and not the hard drive.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Go into the cross epg setting and storage device should be set to name of your hard drive or thumbstick I had dame problem setting up a box for my mate the storage device was set to expansion and not the hard drive.

No it's set to HDD, bit of a mystery, it downloaded and populated the epg to a freshly formatted ext3 disc in about six days ago, had full epg, on the all channels. Going through the epg setup, I see a list starting ' use EIT epg' ticked yes and the others are ticked no. I'll have another go tomorrow, I'll watch this match in person.

No it's set to HDD, bit of a mystery, it downloaded and populated the epg to a freshly formatted ext3 disc in about six days ago, had full epg, on the all channels. Going through the epg setup, I see a list starting ' use EIT epg' ticked yes and the others are ticked no. I'll have another go tomorrow, I'll watch this match in person.

Yhh but on my box and the one I set up the other day there is an option for hdd and if you move over there is and option for the actual name of the hdd I'm using.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

For the record mine is set to HDD, not the name of the HDD, (which is expansion)
    On the epg settings enable eit epg is the only one that is ticked.

Never messed with it as it has worked from day one.

Looked into it though as a friends box still won't load epg.

• Advertisement

Yhh but on my box and the one I set up the other day there is an option for hdd and if you move over there is and option for the actual name of the hdd I'm using.

Tried deleting the crossepg folder contents and reloading, it replaces the file structure but the file remain empty. During the download it gives a few messages about the download but then ends abruptly when it gets to the message 'loading...'. I recall before it would carry on with a few actions, parsing, etc, so either crossepg plugin is faulty or else my disk is refusing writes. I'm going to erase and reformat as a first attempt. I did notice that when in crossepg setup, I get the red square at the bottom labelled 'cancel', but not the green one labelled ' save', though pressing this does seem to save any changes I made. Oddly though, I've noticed that the setting for download was back to 'hourly' though I changed it to nightly at 4am. Equally odd, I edited the buttons for Coolepg to change the blue button to bouquets instead of search, which was Zardoz ' image preference. This keeps going back to search, so something is set in stone somewhere in the file system preventing changes, which may explain why my epg won't load. My HDD did have some stuff on it from openatv, so I'm trying a completely clean disk to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elvis23

Have you tried disabling one of the sat tuners then trying run crossepg again. It's the only way I can get it working on my AA2+. Crpssepg is a real pain, but required!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭championc

OK, so you didn't try my image then ....... Given the fact that it's pre-scanned to Three Rock :)

Just to be aware, if the image asks for the frequency, you need to add 5460000 and 5700000. You cannot put 30 and 33 in the frequency box

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Crossepg seems to be one of the main sources of issues with these systems. I've had a similar problems. The belt and braces way to sort it is (I have found):
    1. Delete the crossepg folder
    2. Delete the epg.dat file separate to the crossepg folder
    3. Uninstall the crossepg plugin
    4. Ftp in updated satellite.xml file
    5. Reboot
    6. Rescan your sat channels (do not clear )
    7. Download and install the crossepg plugin.
    8. Reboot
    9. Configure to use hdd, and astra 28.2

Not all the steps are needed, but as I said, its a belt and braces approach that works for me.

elvis23 wrote: »
    Have you tried disabling one of the sat tuners then trying run crossepg again. It's the only way I can get it working on my AA2+. Crpssepg is a real pain, but required!

Disk reformat didn't help. I checked out the above tip, and just like my crossepg setup, both red green button indicators for "cancel" and "save" are missing from the bottom of the display. They were both here in the initial install as I had played with them because I only have one cable currently to the box and was going to disconnect one tuner. I decided not to as it was running so well. Currently, If I select disable on one of the tuners, I can't save the setting. Press EXIT and it asks do I reallly want to exit without saving, I don't, but select "No" and I'm back to the tuner menu wihout any icons to chose cancel or save. Pressing the green or red buttons have no effect, so I have a big problem with the GUI, I'm going to re-image and start from scratch.EDIT Trying to reflash, but i didnt hold OK long enough, and the box booted in enigma anyway. I noticed it seemed to be reading studf from the pen drive during boot, so I had a look to see if anything had changed. I was able to disable the C tuner, but that was because I had being doing it wrong the first time, the red/green buttons still aren't there but I saved it. While the pendrive was in I changed crosseepg to it, reloaded and lo nad behold my EPG fully loaded, parsed, converted etc and appeared in CoolEPG. I plugged back in my HDD. What to do, move cross back to HDD or leave it on the pen drive for the mement.

Disk reformat didn't help. I checked out the above tip, and just like my crossepg setup, both red green button indicators for "cancel" and "save" are missing from the bottom of the display. They were both here in the initial install as I had played with them because I only have one cable currently to the box and was going to disconnect one tuner. I decided not to as it was running so well. Currently, If I select disable on one of the tuners, I can't save the setting. Press EXIT and it asks do I reallly want to exit without saving, I don't, but select "No" and I'm back to the tuner menu wihout any icons to chose cancel or save. Pressing the green or red buttons have no effect, so I have a big problem with the GUI, I'm going to re-image and start from scratch.EDIT Trying to reflash, but i didnt hold OK long enough, and the box booted in enigma anyway. I noticed it seemed to be reading studf from the pen drive during boot, so I had a look to see if anything had changed. I was able to disable the C tuner, but that was because I had being doing it wrong the first time, the red/green buttons still aren't there but I saved it. While the pendrive was in I changed crosseepg to it, reloaded and lo nad behold my EPG fully loaded, parsed, converted etc and appeared in CoolEPG. I plugged back in my HDD. What to do, move cross back to HDD or leave it on the pen drive for the mement.

The fix I found for it was to format the hard drive and put the backup of the image your using on the hard drive and flash It from spark off your hard drive and not the usb stick it worked for me on the one I set up the other day.

Jayo, thank you, you have just reminded me what I did when setting up my own box, which works flawlessly.

Will now get my mate to do same.

Imstuck wrote: »
    Jayo, thank you, you have just reminded me what I did when setting up my own box, which works flawlessly.

Will now get my mate to do same.

No prob :)

H
    The fix I found for it was to format the hard drive and put the backup of the image your using on the hard drive and flash It from spark off your hard drive and not the usb stick it worked for me on the one I set up the other day.

Do you have to format in FAT32 before putting the image on the HDD? I tred to reflash enigma from Spark previously, off a FAT pen drive, it just didn't progress, so I ended up using the power on/ hold Ok method, select Forc the Fact then ok. The information on flashing is variable, some say FAT32, use front usb slot only, boot into spark first, all sorts. Even freetv.ie. demo is not very clear,

H

Do you have to format in FAT32 before putting the image on the HDD? I tred to reflash enigma from Spark previously, off a FAT pen drive, it just didn't progress, so I ended up using the power on/ hold Ok method, select Forc the Fact then ok. The information on flashing is variable, some say FAT32, use front usb slot only, boot into spark first, all sorts. Even freetv.ie. demo is not very clear,

As I mentioned few days ago mate I've never used fat32 or ext3 I only ever use ntfs it doesn't seem to ever cause me a problem I just format the hard drive on my laptop transfer the back up and plug it into the back of the amiko and off I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I have multiple backups on my HDD formatted to EXT3 which I can access from Spark as needed. The main reason restores fail is the system cant find/understand the file/folder names. The names must NOT contain spaces. E.g. "Enigma 2" wont work but "enigma_2" will. AFAIK (open to correction on this) you need fat32 if using the FORC>FACT method.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the files MUST be named "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage". I use different folder names to differentiate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I have multiple backups on e2jffs2.img" and "uImagemy HDD formatted to EXT3 which I can access from Spark as needed. The main reason restores fail is the system cant find/understand the file/folder names. The names must NOT contain spaces. E.g. "Enigma 2" wont work but "enigma_2" will. AFAIK (open to correction on this) you need fat32 if using the FORC>FACT method.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the files MUST be named "e2jffs2.img" and "uImage". I use different folder names to differentiate them.

So would each folder look like this: enigma_2--->>Hyperion 4.5--->> e2jffs2.img" and "uImage

Or

Hyperion 4.5---->> enigma_2--->>> e2jffs2.img" and "uImage

I would like to have a few images stored but the correct folder layout always confused me.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I have multiple backups on e2jffs2.img" and "uImagemy HDD formatted to EXT3 which I can access from Spark as needed. The main reason restores fail is the system cant find/understand the file/folder names. The names must NOT contain spaces. E.g. "Enigma 2" wont work but "enigma_2" will. AFAIK (open to correction on this) you need fat32 if using the FORC>FACT method.

So would each folder look like this: enigma_2--->>Hyperion 4.5--->> e2jffs2.img" and "uImage

Or

I would like to have a few images stored but the correct folder layout always confused me.

Or

The second one mate if your updating threw spark. I usually just have one image on the hard drive when I'm flashing so its just enigma_2 and the two files within it for me I just keep a copy of any other images on my laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You need to use a Linux naming convention, it doesn't matter what you name them as long as there are no capitals, all lower case and no spaces in the folder names, you can use underscore and hyphen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭championc

Slevster wrote: »
    Crossepg seems to be one of the main sources of issues with these systems. I've had a similar problems. The belt and braces way to sort it is (I have found):
    1. Delete the crossepg folder
    2. Delete the epg.dat file separate to the crossepg folder
    3. Uninstall the crossepg plugin
    4. Ftp in updated satellite.xml file
    5. Reboot
    6. Rescan your sat channels (do not clear )
    7. Download and install the crossepg plugin.
    8. Reboot
    9. Configure to use hdd, and astra 28.2

Not all the steps are needed, but as I said, its a belt and braces approach that works for me.

That's all very well but the database will continue to grow and grow unless you delete it periodically, and allow it to be re-created.

I have built a weekly purge of it into my image :)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

That's very good champs, but the posters here are trying to create it, you can't purge what's not there! 😂

championc wrote: »
    That's all very well but the database will continue to grow and grow unless you delete it periodically, and allow it to be re-created.

I have built a weekly purge of it into my image :)

True. I often delete, but the cross epg fail to load about 3 weeks ago for some reason. Also happened with v4 once as well.never really found out why. Tried all the fixes. So I ended up doing the above the last time (it also fixed a few channels and picons assignations at the same time) deleting the crossepg folder , uninstalling and re installing the plugin would possibly do the trick)

I've seen you mention the purge before. You set it as a cron job I think. How would it be done? Would be useful alright. But am guessing it may be beyond my pay grade!

Slevster wrote: »
    True. I often delete, but the cross epg fail to load about 3 weeks ago for some reason. Also happened with v4 once as well.never really found out why. Tried all the fixes. So I ended up doing the above the last time (it also fixed a few channels and picons assignations at the same time) deleting the crossepg folder , uninstalling and re installing the plugin would possibly do the trick)

I've seen you mention the purge before. You set it as a cron job I think. How would it be done? Would be useful alright. But am guessing it may be beyond my pay grade!
    I've opened a can of worms with my crossepg failure. As of now I have it working, but I could not record. I mounted my now NTFS hard disc and record worked. Now, if the Hdd was not mounted, where was was crossepg going? The answer I think is to the flash, even though hdd is listed as the storage. This then fills up and cross fails, and clearing out the hard disc doesn't restore it because it was never there in the first place. I'd noticed the system memory reducing, I think this is the reason. It took a week for my Hyperion install to fail, and this had epg set to hourly updates. I currently have it set to HDD, but I'm going to keep an eye on the local memory, I think that's where the problem lies.

• Advertisement

I've opened a can of worms with my crossepg failure. As of now I have it working, but I could not record. I mounted my now NTFS hard disc and record worked. Now, if the Hdd was not mounted, where was was crossepg going? The answer I think is to the flash, even though hdd is listed as the storage. This then fills up and cross fails, and clearing out the hard disc doesn't restore it because it was never there in the first place. I'd noticed the system memory reducing, I think this is the reason. It took a week for my Hyperion install to fail, and this had epg set to hourly updates. I currently have it set to HDD, but I'm going to keep an eye on the local memory, I think that's where the problem lies.

You could Ftp into the box and have a route around. Look to see if crossepg is creating any files outside of the hdd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement