Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

derek214 wrote: »
    Agree with you on Amiko memory & OpenATV speed!!

Right so I have 3 options in the EMC setup:

Start EMC with - Timeshift button......this doesn't seem to work as the time shift button starts time shift :roll eyes:

Show plugin config in extension menu you - NO

Show EMC in extensions menu - YES ......Despite this being set to yes it doesn't seem to show up in my extensions menu. I've tried deleting and reinstalling EMC plugin but have the same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
    Derek

Set start emc with video button you do this by highlight the option and select left or right save with the green button then when you press the play button emc will come up, also make sure that disable emc is turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

jayo26 wrote: »
    Set start emc with video button you do this by highlight the option and select left or right save with the green button then when you press the play button emc will come up, also make sure that disable emc is turned off.

Feel really stupid now mate but where are you seeing EMC disable on/off?

Feel really stupid now mate but where are you seeing EMC disable on/off?

When you run the emc set up it should be one of the options there mate,

When you run the emc set up it should be one of the options there mate,

Definitely no Enable On/Off in my setup ;) I'm running EMC V3.7.4beta20131015. if that makes a difference.

Definitely no Enable On/Off in my setup ;) I'm running EMC V3.7.4beta20131015. if that makes a difference.

Ok when you go back into your plug Ins menu and select emc setup from there and run it do you you get the get the options menu that you posted earlier it should be in there if its not and you can set emc to come on with the video button which is also the play button it should still work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Lads, what's the difference between the timer and the autotimer? After having a quick look at both I'm gonna take a guess and say that the autotimer is for one off recordings and the timer lets you add more settings like repeating the recording. Is that about right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

L'prof wrote: »
    Lads, what's the difference between the timer and the autotimer? After having a quick look at both I'm gonna take a guess and say that the autotimer is for one off recordings and the timer lets you add more settings like repeating the recording. Is that about right?

Other way around. Autotimer gives you more flexibility with regards when to record, what days not to record etc.

Other way around. Autotimer gives you more flexibility with regards when to record, what days not to record etc.

Oh yeah? I was sure it was timer that brought up the menus. Fair enough. Is that pretty much the difference though. One is just record this and it's done? What's record and zap about?

Oh yeah? I was sure it was timer that brought up the menus. Fair enough. Is that pretty much the difference though. One is just record this and it's done? What's record and zap about?

Record and zap means when the recording starts the box will switch to that channel.

So if you have fair city set to record at 8pm your box will switch to rte1 automatically.

Record and zap means when the recording starts the box will switch to that channel.

So if you have fair city set to record at 8pm your box will switch to rte1 automatically.

Ok, thanks. Is that because you have to be on a Saorview channel to record Saorview or have I that confused with something else?

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks. Is that because you have to be on a Saorview channel to record Saorview or have I that confused with something else?

No, you don't have to be on saorview to record it. Its just for handyness sake.

What your getting confused with is that the saorview channels are split between 2 frequencies so when recording a channel on one of them you can't watch saorview channels from the other until the recording finishes.

Ah right good man, thanks. Sorry for all the early morning questions. Couldn't sleep after waking and had a few fairly simple things to do on my Dad's box and then started looking through the menus.

If it was a case that you were watching tv3 at the time that a timer recording was about to start on rte1 then the box would switch over to rte1 as it only has one saorview tuner and recordings take priority.

RTé1
    RTé1+1
    Rté News Now
    Utv Ireland

Rte2
    Tv3
    TG4
    3e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

No, you don't have to be on saorview to record it. Its just for handyness sake.

What your getting confused with is that the saorview channels are split between 2 frequencies so when recording a channel on one of them you can't watch saorview channels from the other until the recording finishes.
    what you can also do is
    plug a fly lead from the (Ant out on the amiko box )
    plug this in to the Ant in of a saorview tv and then you can watch one RTE station while recording the other RTE station through the amiko

This of course only applies if your tv is saorview enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    I'd say it's your second tuner is not set up right, this is needed if the first is locked due to a recording or a stream or just viewing. The epg is downloaded from a sat channel. If connection type for the tuner is loopthrough this will prevent LNB switching signals from passing up the cable. If the second tuner was not scanned independently, you need to set C=B as connection type for C assuming you have two feeds from the dish. This gives C the channel lists tuned on B.

No tuners were all set up and working fine when epg just stopped downloading as scheduled, not sure what happened but I defragmented the database and it's working again, thanks for the suggestion though

Ok when you go back into your plug Ins menu and select emc setup from there and run it do you you get the get the options menu that you posted earlier it should be in there if its not and you can set emc to come on with the video button which is also the play button it should still work.

Cheers Jayo - I've posted some pics of what I'm seeing.

From the settings I have EMC set to launch at video button however when i hit the play button it just launches the normal planner
    Also tried the Playmode button I just get that error triangle in the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Cheers Jayo - I've posted some pics of what I'm seeing.

From the settings I have EMC set to launch at video button however when i hit the play button it just launches the normal planner
    Also tried the Playmode button I just get that error triangle in the corner

Just have a look to see if you have all necessary plugins installed (not just the setup)
    Go to plugins, and then press the green button to download. Scroll down to the media section, and look for any "enhancedmoviecenter" plugins . download them and reboot.
    You should have an option to "enable emc" in the emc setup plugin , just under the "about".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭championc

championc wrote: »
    Hi all

I've just completed an OpenATV 5.0 Based Image. I haven't scanned any channels or even configured the Service Searching area at all. But all settings are setup and plugins loaded and configured, just waiting for the channels to be scanned.

Please PM me if you want a copy to road test.

Do you think it's better to have a scanned or unscanned image ? I might just leave it with Satellite ONLY scanned so users can do their own Terrestrial to their own areas.

UPDATE

Things looking good. Most impressive difference was the time to scan the satellite channels. It took about 3 minutes to do the whole lot. That's a big change from the 30 odd minutes from before :)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread AND the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭techdiver

I have tried using Zardoz image and crssepg will not run. In the log file it finishes by saying "Cannot read EPGDB". I deleted the crossepg folder and the epg.dat file and tried again, but the same issue persists.

Any ideas?

Slevster wrote: »
    Just have a look to see if you have all necessary plugins installed (not just the setup)
    Go to plugins, and then press the green button to download. Scroll down to the media section, and look for any "enhancedmoviecenter" plugins . download them and reboot.
    You should have an option to "enable emc" in the emc setup plugin , just under the "about".

Thanks Sylvester - Didn't find any other EMC plugins. Not sure what I did to it but I have re-imaged the box and have it working now :) .....The "disable" option has appeared!

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

techdiver wrote: »
    I have tried using Zardoz image and crssepg will not run. In the log file it finishes by saying "Cannot read EPGDB". I deleted the crossepg folder and the epg.dat file and tried again, but the same issue persists.

Any ideas?

Not sure buddy ,I rarely have issues with Crossepg myself.
    I have 3 options on my receiver,internal flash,hdd and EXT Hard Drive .
    I use Ext Hard Drive and it works very well ,I think I had issues when I had it set as /hdd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭techdiver

Zardoz wrote: »
    Not sure buddy ,I rarely have issues with Crossepg myself.
    I have 3 options on my receiver,internal flash,hdd and EXT Hard Drive .
    I use Ext Hard Drive and it works very well ,I think I had issues when I had it set as /hdd.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried all combinations. I've also uninstalled and re-installed cross epg, but that didn't help.

Where can i download a core Hyperion 4.5 from? I'd like to try setting everything up on a clean system myself.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried all combinations. I've also uninstalled and re-installed cross epg, but that didn't help.

Where can i download a core Hyperion 4.5 from? I'd like to try setting everything up on a clean system myself.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that Techdiver

You can get the base image here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/suo7peperiqtzld/AAAVgpvE3jBAPbE65-zay_GGa?dl=0

You can get alot of plugins and file fixes here if you need them
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

You should. It is not hard to do.
    Before you start. Take a backup if your current image. Also take a backup of your bouquets using dreambox edit.

Use zardoz's links above. Tailor your build to your setup/needs eg what plugins do you actually use? Do you run your system through an amp or TV speakers? What skin do you use? Have you all feed inputs available, eg 2 SATs and one terrestrial? Have you set a static IP for your box? Will you use port forwarding? All these can slightly alter your setup to best suit yourself. Many of us have learnt these the hard way, and sought out fixes/solutions which work for us. The backups that the good folks on here and elsewhere put up are an accumulation of effort gained at some considerable expense of time. But at this stage, an image could be put together in no time, because of that experience. And its experience that is happily shared, so do start from scratch, and ask for any pointers along the way. You won't f things up. Don't worry.

championc wrote: »
    Useful Tips
    CrossEPG

3. The database can get huge. Consider adding a crontab job to delete your complete /media/crossepg directory every week. The database is constantly being added to. Yesterdays, Last Weeks, Last Months EPG data remains in the database and is never automatically purged - so delete it regularly.
    4. If you deleted it weekly, I believe you can successfully save to the internal memory.

Would like to do this but don't know how. Any advice anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

Unmount the hdd device, use the tools in EPK blue panel. Find your device and mount it, then point crossepg storage (record and timeshift also) to this device. The hdd referred to in the image refers to the device on Zardoz' image, but your hdd device may not match what is saved in some configuration file. Doing this sorted my epg. A vanilla installation of Hyperion is good though, it lets you work through all the installation steps from scratch, learning as you go.

Would like to do this but don't know how. Any advice anyone?

Read this for starters
    http://prateekvjoshi.com/2014/04/19/how-to-schedule-tasks-on-linux/
    Use telnet on dreambox control centre to have a go. I'm going to give it a try. There's also a plugin called " Crondmanager"
    http://forums.openpli.org/topic/24103-enigma2-plugin-extensions-crondmanager-10-mipsel/
    which simplifies the timer part, but you still need to learn how to create the scripts it will execute, in this case one to delete the cross database. I reckon some testing on dummy files first, to see are they removed. Cronjob are text files which contain Unix commands. The file 'Clear_EPG_database ' with the text ' rmdir /hdd/crossepg ' would remove this directory. The file name is entered on the cronjob list using the plugin or the cron editor from telnet.

Read this for starters
    http://prateekvjoshi.com/2014/04/19/how-to-schedule-tasks-on-linux/
    Use telnet on dreambox control centre to have a go. I'm going to give it a try. There's also a plugin called " Crondmanager"
    http://forums.openpli.org/topic/24103-enigma2-plugin-extensions-crondmanager-10-mipsel/
    which simplifies the timer part, but you still need to learn how to create the scripts it will execute, in this case one to delete the cross database. I reckon some testing on dummy files first, to see are they removed. Cronjob are text files which contain Unix commands. The file 'Clear_EPG_database ' with the text ' rmdir /hdd/crossepg ' would remove this directory. The file name is entered on the cronjob list using the plugin or the cron editor from telnet.

Thanks for this.

I remember ChampionC giving the required script on the previous thread. Would have to search for it.

Would be interested in setting one up to delete timeshift files if they go over a certain size (there is a habit in the house of pausing the box, and turning off the TV, which can result in huge files.) But would imagine that it may not be straight forward to set up such parameters

Slevster wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

I remember ChampionC giving the required script on the previous thread. Would have to search for it.

Would be interested in setting one up to delete timeshift files if they go over a certain size (there is a habit in the house of pausing the box, and turning off the TV, which can result in huge files.) But would imagine that it may not be straight forward to set up such parameters
    The command 'du' returns files size or size of all files in a directory, lots of options to this command but you need to extract just the file size as a number and put it in a if - then test and delete a specified filename if it exceeds a value.
    The 'find' command can be used to search for a file by exact name, test for size and delete all in one line of unix script.

find . -name 'epgdatabase.db' -size +500k -delete

The line above will find the file name 'epgdatabase.db', starting from the current directory, (this can be the root), and delete it if it greater than 500k. Try it in a command line if you want, with a filename of something disposable you've FTP'd to the HDD. You will need to point it at the HDD to find the timeshift file, I've no idea what the effects would be of just deleting a file that is in the process of being written to by the timeshift manager. You could start by dropping a few static files on your HDD, then using the command line in telnet to see if you can delete them using find, or du as part of a script. If that works put the line in a file itself, name it with a unique name, save it where cron jobs are stored, and invoke that file as a command in a cron timed event. Have a go, if you trash the box, just re-image!

• Advertisement

The command 'du' returns files size or size of all files in a directory, lots of options to this command but you need to extract just the file size as a number and put it in a if - then test and delete a specified filename if it exceeds a value.
    The 'find' command can be used to search for a file by exact name, test for size and delete all in one line of unix script.

find . -name 'epgdatabase.db' -size +500k -delete

The line above will find the file name 'epgdatabase.db', starting from the current directory, (this can be the root), and delete it if it greater than 500k. Try it in a command line if you want, with a filename of something disposable you've FTP'd to the HDD. You will need to point it at the HDD to find the timeshift file, I've no idea what the effects would be of just deleting a file that is in the process of being written to by the timeshift manager. You could start by dropping a few static files on your HDD, then using the command line in telnet to see if you can delete them using find, or du as part of a script. If that works put the line in a file itself, name it with a unique name, save it where cron jobs are stored, and invoke that file as a command in a cron timed event. Have a go, if you trash the box, just re-image!

Looks like its tinkering time again!

(Mean that in the non racial kind of a way, of course!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement