Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel bombs 160 sites in Gaza overnight. Mod Warnings in First Post.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I am referring to you.

I am asking you how you would react and what reaction you would demand of your civic leaders if Danville was surrounded on all sides and placed under siege by ethno-supremacist terrorists. Would you stand by and expect your community leaders to do nothing; even if you were heavily outgunned as these terrorists rounding up hundreds of your neighbours and torturing them, bulldozing their homes, the old women of your neigbourhood being literally frightened to death and slaughtering them from the air?

In other words would you rather die on you feet or live on your knees?

I meant who did you mean was which protagonist, but I now see you are equating Danville with the Palestinian position.

Here's the thing about your last line. When one dies one one's feet, one tends not to stay on one's feet very long. In fact, the standard procedure is to fall to at least the knees, and usually all the way to lying down in the mud, where one then begins to decompose and rot, unless a thoughtful passer-by is nice enough to bury or burn one's corpse. I am not entirely convinced that the best interests of myself and my friends and families are served by our being made dead. It's a definite negative influence upon our quality of life.

There are usually third options, often involving biding time and finding allies. The Chinese were masters of it over decades. The French resistance in WW2 kept going with the little pin-pricks, but waited until there was enough active help outside before rising up for serious combat missions.

So should the leadership of Danville sit and do nothign for ever, in such a circumstance? No, of course not. But neither should they go and invite death and destruction in an open war which they cannot win. The end result would be that Danville gets flattened, and the territory still isn't free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Does anyone know what equipment the Palestinians use to fire rockets into Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight. 3 teenagers disappeared in the west bank. These kids were illegally farming land which had been bulldozed in the last 5 years and the original farmers kicked off, with the farms given to these 3 kids. These three kids dressed and wore clothes that easily identified them as orthodox jew, and to get to their illegal settlement, had to hitchhike through 3 local towns in gaza. Past all those people who have been dispossed and whos farms they now farm. And these stupid kids hitchhiked through these towns regularly. Im actually surprised the kids were not harmed long before. Its akin to 3 orange marchers, in full regalia, marching down the most nationalist streets at the height of the troubles on their own. Dont get me wrong, I disagree with ANY violence, and feel so sorry that their lives ended as they did. But when reading the articles I read that 400 'suspects' were rounded up and 'interrogated'. Seriously? Thats an entire town and not an investigation. Also what I read in one tiny article, is THEN Israel fired at known rocket launcher sites. The palestinian boy was burned alive and suddenly we have a massacre. Anyone who can condone the killing of children for ANY reason should be deeply ashamed of themselves. Im trying to see a peaceful way forward here, but I cannot. Israel should be ashamed. America also. There is no excuse for the continued carnage and suffering of these kids. The blockades, the genocide. I just dont get it. Chain and starve and beat an animal, and you will just get a more dangerous, angrier animal. From what I can see of Israels policies, that is what they are doing to palestinians. How can they ever expect mutual respect and peace when they never give it a chance? And I believe the average Israeli is not comfortable with what is happening now too. Its so awfully sad, and we stand by and let it happen

You have nothing straight there these kids did not own farms nor were they returning from farming they were coming back from school hitchiking.
    They didnt have to go or where anywhere near Gaza :confused:
    Hamas were firing rockets long before Israel retaliated and then it was only because Hamas upped the amount of rockets.
    It really annoys me when both sides start making up there own news and twisting words like burning children instead of child while not to diminish what has happened which was horrific and Im glad people have been arrested for this things like that just add fuel to the fire.
    Here is a brief timeline of rocket attacks
    · June 11: One rocket fired at southern Israel.
    · June 12: Three Israeli teenagers, Naftali Fraenkel, and Eyal Yifrach kidnapped in the West Bank.
    · June 15: Four rockets fired at Israel from Gaza; two of which were intercepted by Iron Dome, meaning they were intended for civilian targets. · June 18: Five rockets fired from Gaza; two hit the Sha’ar Hanagev Regional Council and one house was damaged by the explosions.
    · June 21: Three rockets fired at Israel; one hit the Sha’ar Hanagev Regional Council, one hit Hof Ashkelon Regional Council.
    · June 27: Gaza terrorists fired six rockets at Israel; Iron Dome intercepted two rockets.
    · June 29: Four rockets fired from Gaza into the South of Israel; 2 intercepted by the Iron Dome.
    · July 30: Bodies of the three kidnapped teenagers found in the West Bank

Abbas is calling for Hamas to stop the rockets but they dont care about anything other than martyerdom I cant call them racist because they slaughter there own a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iMrApex

Conas wrote: »
    You see you are using keywords, you are too influenced by the likes of the Anti-Defamation League, and Jewish film directors like Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay, who have filled your mind with a lot of powerful imagery, which is built around keywords antisemitism, hate, bigtory, terrorists etc Those are keywords. Just remember the Arabs are semites aswell.

If Israel wasn't violating International Law by building settlements on land that doesn't belong to them, denying these people their basic human rights. Warmongering against nearly every nation in the Middle East. Trying to start wars and getting another country to do the fighting for them, maybe all this wouldn't be happening.

But as JFK said in 1939, the Jewish mentality of 'total domination' as he put it, means this is never going to end.

Land that doesn't belong to Israel?

Mandatory Palestine was an entity under British administration, carved out of Ottoman Southern Syria after World War I. British civil administration in Palestine operated from 1920 until 1948. In 1923 the British "chopped off" 75% of Mandatory Palestine and formed Transjordan. Both were under British rule.

Palestine has never existed as an autonomous entity. It is a geographical term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is no nation or state there. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians.

The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).

The Partition Plan was not realized in the days following the 29 November 1947 resolution as envisaged by the General Assembly. It was followed by outbreaks of violence in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Jews and Arabs known as the 1947–48 Civil War. At midnight on 14 May 1948, the British Mandate expired and Britain disengaged its forces. Earlier in the evening, the Jewish People's Council had gathered at the Tel Aviv Museum, and approved a proclamation, declaring "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the "State of Israel". The 1948 Arab–Israeli War began with the invasion of, or intervention in, Palestine by the Arab States on 15 May 1948.

The armistice lines were known afterwards as the "Green Line". The Gaza Strip and the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) were occupied by Egypt and Jordan. The territory under Israeli control was three-quarters of the prior British administered Mandate.

During those 19 years, 1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt never offered to surrender those lands to make up an independent state of "Palestine". The "Palestinians" never sought it. Nobody in the world ever suggested it, much less demanded it.

In 1964, the Palestine Liberation Movement was founded. Its charter proclaimed its sole purpose to be the destruction of Israel. To that end it helped to precipitate the Arab attack on Israel in 1967. In 1994 the PLO established the Palestinian National Authority territorial administration, that exercises some governmental functions in parts of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I meant who did you mean was which protagonist, but I now see you are equating Danville with the Palestinian position.

Here's the thing about your last line. When one dies one one's feet, one tends not to stay on one's feet very long. In fact, the standard procedure is to fall to at least the knees, and usually all the way to lying down in the mud, where one then begins to decompose and rot, unless a thoughtful passer-by is nice enough to bury or burn one's corpse. I am not entirely convinced that the best interests of myself and my friends and families are served by our being made dead. It's a definite negative influence upon our quality of life.

There are usually third options, often involving biding time and finding allies. The Chinese were masters of it over decades. The French resistance in WW2 kept going with the little pin-pricks, but waited until there was enough active help outside before rising up for serious combat missions.

So should the leadership of Danville sit and do nothign for ever, in such a circumstance? No, of course not. But neither should they go and invite death and destruction in an open war which they cannot win. The end result would be that Danville gets flattened, and the territory still isn't free.
    I can't argue with your pragmatism though it iis easier to be pragmatic when you aren't being placed on a starvation diet and when you tuck your children at night wonder if they are going to be bombed to death as they sleep.

• Advertisement

...__... wrote: »
    Hamas were firing rockets long before Israel retaliated and then it was only because Hamas upped the amount of rockets.
    It really annoys me when both sides start making up there own news and twisting words like burning children instead of child while not to diminish what has happened which was horrific
    You "are making up your own news".
    That rocket was the first that was fired since the union of Fatah and Hamas.
    Im glad people have been arrested for this things like that just add fuel to the fire.
    Is this a sick joke?
    Can you explain why hundreds of Israelis weren't rounded up and had their homes destroyed over this kidnapping?
    Here is a brief timeline of rocket attacks
    · June 11: One rocket fired at southern Israel.
    What your artilcle doesn't mention is that that the IDF also killed a passenger on the bike as well as injuring a 7 year old boy who was in the area. Is this moral behaviour? Is it just to murder people for a rocket which landed in a dirt field

And how far do you want to go back? The Israelis murdered two Palestinian children in cold blood at the end of May; the footage is even on Youtube.

And isn't it funny how the Israeli security state can be judge, jury and executioner - carrying out an extra-judicial killing in under 24 hours but it takes them nearly 3 weeks to figure out what happened in a crime they heard live?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Augmerson wrote: »
    Does anyone know what equipment the Palestinians use to fire rockets into Israel?

Te backbone of their arsenal is the Qassam rocket. The launch device and rocket itself are constructed with basic materials. They also use some al-Quds rockets which are also home-made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Can you explain why hundreds of Israelis weren't rounded up and had their homes destroyed over this kidnapping?

6 settlers were arrested and the case is proceeding as it would in any other western country. One presumes that the police got confessions or has evidence solid enough not to need to make more arrests.

Te backbone of their arsenal is the Qassam rocket. The launch device and rocket itself are constructed with basic materials. They also use some al-Quds rockets which are also home-made.

They have plenty of Grad rockets as well which is a Russian design (but Hamas ones were manufactured in Iran), this rocket packs 40 pounds of explosive and was also used a couple of days ago in the Ukrainian civil war to kill 30+ government troops. They also have some Fajr-5 rockets from Iran which are longer range and can reach Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

It's gone beyond that stage, though. If 'response' was their goal, then their point is already made. Continued rocketeering at this point, unless out of sheer bloody-mindedness, only has two possible realistic goals. One is to actually kill Israelis (I suspect that the mass barrage you mention isn't tried simply for logistical, not objective reasons), and the other is to goad a response which will garner the sympathy of the international community. Neither will bode well for the other Palestinians.

Hamas firing rockets is militarily ineffective there isn't any other way to put it. non-guided low yield weapons fired in single digit salvos v what appears to be a decent enough air defence system - they might aswell be p1ssing in the wind. So your point about bloodymindedness I think has merit though I also think it's because of anger and hopelessness a case of what else can they do . Firing a missile is an action full of intent one would have to think there is an intent to cause harm or kill. Though I still believe the original point I made about them not wanting to blitz a high population density area through choice as opposed to for logistical reasons is right. I also think the small number of long range missiles with a payload and range capable of doing what's needed for want of a better term - Hamas will not want to use them all they want to keep some as they are of "political" use. Their "best"/longest range missile is the m302 it has a decent enough payload for it's size. It's a Syrian built missile they call it the Khadir I think but its based on a Chinese design. The Chinese design is mounted on a truck chassis so is the Syrian design though I think Hamas have them in fixed positions as opposed to mobile ones. It's an mrls I've looked at some pictures of the Syrian launchers it's capable of holding and launching 6-8 missiles at a time .

So let's say Hamas had four of these launchers ( it would be prudent and I would think practical to have more than one ) in four fixed positions fully loaded and fired a salvo on four different trajectories all at the same time all in the direction of the same target - even unguided - it would be interesting to see how the Israeli iron dome would perform. It would vastly increase the chance of them inflicting some serious damage yet so far they haven't attempted this. If I was a Hamas commander or whatever and I wanted to attempt to really hurt the Israelis or smash up one of their cities - with the capabilities available -, it's what I would do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

These pictures say it all. It was always like this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Hamas should stop launching missiles at various Israeli cities, that would help.

Israel should give back all the land they stole off the Palestinians.. Commiting the very genocide they were saved from after ww2... That would help too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

kult wrote: »

On the money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

WakeUp wrote: »
    So let's say Hamas had four of these launchers ( it would be prudent and I would think practical to have more than one ) in four fixed positions fully loaded and fired a salvo on four different trajectories all at the same time all in the direction of the same target - even unguided - it would be interesting to see how the Israeli iron dome would perform.

It seems that the effectiveness of the Iron Dome is being questioned by various people, as the only information based on its effectiveness is from the IDF:

Iron Dome: the public relations weapon

It seems that the Iron Dome, has limited effectiveness against rockets, which in Hamas's case tend not to hit anything to begin with. Apparently it would have a even harder time against missiles.

It is interesting that the only source for the effectiveness of the tech comes from the IDF, while that is understandable to a degree, I do find it surprising that the is no information from the US on how effective it is. I am sure they must have access to the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Conas wrote: »
    But as JFK said in 1939, the Jewish mentality of 'total domination' as he put it, means this is never going to end.

Source please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

wes wrote: »
    It seems that the effectiveness of the Iron Dome is being questioned by various people, as the only information based on its effectiveness is from the IDF:

It seems that the Iron Dome, has limited effectiveness against rockets, which in Hamas's case tend not to hit anything to begin with. Apparently it would have a even harder time against missiles.

It is interesting that the only source for the effectiveness of the tech comes from the IDF, while that is understandable to a degree, I do find it surprising that the is no information from the US on how effective it is. I am sure they must have access to the info.

I tend to trust the technology these days. Hamas is getting few weapons
    ordinances through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

iMrApex wrote: »
    Land that doesn't belong to Israel?

Mandatory Palestine was an entity under British administration, carved out of Ottoman Southern Syria after World War I. British civil administration in Palestine operated from 1920 until 1948. In 1923 the British "chopped off" 75% of Mandatory Palestine and formed Transjordan. Both were under British rule.

Palestine has never existed as an autonomous entity. It is a geographical term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is no nation or state there. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians.

The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).

The Partition Plan was not realized in the days following the 29 November 1947 resolution as envisaged by the General Assembly. It was followed by outbreaks of violence in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Jews and Arabs known as the 1947–48 Civil War. At midnight on 14 May 1948, the British Mandate expired and Britain disengaged its forces. Earlier in the evening, the Jewish People's Council had gathered at the Tel Aviv Museum, and approved a proclamation, declaring "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the "State of Israel". The 1948 Arab–Israeli War began with the invasion of, or intervention in, Palestine by the Arab States on 15 May 1948.

The armistice lines were known afterwards as the "Green Line". The Gaza Strip and the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) were occupied by Egypt and Jordan. The territory under Israeli control was three-quarters of the prior British administered Mandate.

During those 19 years, 1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt never offered to surrender those lands to make up an independent state of "Palestine". The "Palestinians" never sought it. Nobody in the world ever suggested it, much less demanded it.

In 1964, the Palestine Liberation Movement was founded. Its charter proclaimed its sole purpose to be the destruction of Israel. To that end it helped to precipitate the Arab attack on Israel in 1967. In 1994 the PLO established the Palestinian National Authority territorial administration, that exercises some governmental functions in parts of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip

Whether or not Palestine existed as a state or not is largely irrelevant ( ireland didn't before it did, Germany didn't before it did). What matters is the ethnic population which was there prior to the British mandate - it was Arab. If those Arabs want an independent Palestine or to join a caliphate or a larger Arab nation is irrelevant. And opinions are divided within the Palestinians on that.

What is clear is that Israelis are all descendents of recent immigrants. And recent genetic work puts doubt on Ashkenazi Jewish claims to be middle Eastern at all. Not that a claim on a piece of land owned temporarily 2000 years ago holds a hill of beans anyways.

Not that I hold paper for the Jewish ethnocracy or the Arab caliphate. For those of us from the west who are not leftist or neo-con the obvious position in this conflict is manifestly clear - not giving a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

brimal wrote: »
    Source please.

You could just have typed in JFK in Palestine 1939 into google. The JFK Libary has the letters up on their site, but it seems to be down at the moment. You can get the gist of it in these links.

http://www.sott.net/article/252158-In-Dear-Dad-letter-in-1939-JFK-called-for-independent-Jerusalem

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/10/citing-zionist-desire-for-complete-domination-young-jfk-called-for-independent-jerusalem.html

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iMrApex

Whether or not Palestine existed as a state or not is largely irrelevant ( ireland didn't before it did, Germany didn't before it did)
    iMrApex wrote: »

You can't apply what you said to Germany or Ireland.
    What matters is the ethnic population which was there prior to the British mandate - it was Arab.

No it wasn't, there was a Jewish population there before WW2. Some people seem to think that Jewish people were "herded up" and sent to Palestine after WW2. Simply what happened was the UN drew up a partition plan which caused outbreaks of violence, reprisals, etc. in Palestine between the two sides. The Partition Plan was not realized in the days following the 29 November 1947. The civil war began when an eight-man gang from Jaffa, which was Arab, ambushed a bus killing five and wounding others. Half an hour later they ambushed a second bus, southbound from Hadera, killing two more. At other places, Arab snipers skirmished Jewish buses in Jerusalem and Haifa. The Jewish population "won" the war and hence why we have Israel as a state. If the Arab population "won" then Israel wouldn't exist.
    iMrApex - are you jewish?

I'm Catholic, born in Ireland, live in Ireland, etc. It's strange how I simply provide a brief history behind everything and you think I'm Jewish. I wonder how you would feel if the roles were reversed in Israel.

Not wanting to understate the harm the rockets can do as they are dangerous, in the grand scheme of things though missile/rocket tech they are mere firecrackers. I'm not convinced about Iron dome it appears to be decent but no more. some of those rockets are getting through and as it says in the article you linked it appears to be intercepting the rockets incorrectly not taking out the fuse or warhead. I read something similar from a Raytheon engineer not sure if it's the same person from your article. so there is probably an element of luck involved as to why more Israelis have not been hurt. Iron dome is pretty much a point defence system yet some Israelis seem to believe it would protect them from a serious opponent for example Iran. I think those people are misinformed even delusional and in turn extremely dangerous. If they tried that Gaza sh1t with Iranian nuclear facilities the Iranian response would decimate them. Iranian sat guided ballistic missiles with a 7km blast radius, dummy warheads to confuse/tie up defenses, proper intell painting of targets etc..good luck with that. I reckon the Americans have info alright too but they won't release it they spent a lot of money on the system wouldn't think they would be to keen to start dissin it which I can understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

WakeUp wrote: »
    Iranian sat guided ballistic missiles with a 7km blast radius, .

Link?

I'm not sure Iran possesses a weapon system capable of destroying 150 sq km?
    (Larger than the area of Jerusalem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seems a tad or three too large for a conventional warhead allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Link?

I'm not sure Iran possesses a weapon system capable of destroying 150 sq km?
    (Larger than the area of Jerusalem)

Also Israel have developed the Arrow anti-ballistic missile system with a view to possible Iranian attacks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I might question the cost-effectiveness of Iron Dome, but I've seen little to indicate that it doesn't seem to be working within the parameters it's set out to achieve. The analysis on that site is pretty weak. Yes, absolutely there will be geometry shots which are disadvantageous to the system, but that's why multiple missiles are fired at the inbound to begin with.

But the basic point is not invalidated, it may prove to be a psychological weapon. There is precedent, look at Patriot in 1991. The difference there, though, is that Patriot was being used in a role it wasn't designed for. Iron dome seems to on-topic, so might well have a better relative success.
    I do find it surprising that the is no information from the US on how effective it is. I am sure they must have access to the info.

I'm sure we do. Why would we release it?

I tend to trust the technology these days. Hamas is getting few weapons ordinances through.

Except that everything I have read is that rocket/missile defense is a problem that hasn't really be solved. Hamas rarely hit anything before the Iron Dome, and there is no independent confirmation of it effectiveness. Again, If it does work half as well as Israel says it does, I am surprised the US hasn't been able to corroborate the figures, as I remember them being involved in making the tech.

I'm sure we do. Why would we release it?

For sales purposes for one. Secondly considering the numerous costly failures with similar tech. I would assume a success would be used to get more money from congress to develop more stuff.

The US is one of the biggest weapons manufactures in the world. Surely plenty of friendly countries would be interested in purchasing such a system, assuming it works nearly as well as claimed. Without independent verification of effectiveness, I think it best to remain skeptical, considering how piss poor the stuff Hamas is using.

Except that everything I have read is that rocket/missile defense is a problem that hasn't really be solved. Hamas rarely hit anything before the Iron Dome, and there is no independent confirmation of it effectiveness. Again, If it does work half as well as Israel says it does, I am surprised the US hasn't been able to corroborate the figures, as I remember them being involved in making the tech.
    There is an interesting backstory to Iron Dome which parallels Netanyahu's cynical exploitationin the current crisis. The the taking of Jewish life along with blaming Hamas without providing any evidence and massive overreaction in the current crisis. You might remember the "jewish spring" from 2011?

Israel will not be able to protect itself from missiles fired from Lebanon and Syria. The enemy will grow stronger while the scope of threats is becoming wider with the current changes in the Middle East”

The Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip continued for three consecutive days and resulted in civilian casualties – including the killing of two children aged 2 and 4 -, and the destruction of civilian property. Israel’s reprisal on the Gaza Strip was followed by mortar fire onto Israeli population centers, which killed one Israeli civilian. Moreover, the Israeli occupying forces have arbitrarily detained more than 120 Palestinians in the Southern West Bank and have severely restricted the Palestinian freedom of movement in the area by installing a multitude of flying checkpoints and temporarily reinstalling former permanent checkpoints that had been previously removed.

The most significant consequence of the whole sorry, violent mess is that the once-frozen Iron Dome programme was reinstated. The extremist Zionists no longer had to worry where their next drone was coming from. The decision to suspend the anti-rocket system was reinstated. ”the government reversed its decision to cut NIS 3 billion from the defense budget in order to pay for reforms recommended by the Trajtenberg Committee”.

Incredibly, not only did Netanyahu reverse his decision to cut the defense budget by 3 billion shekels to improve social conditions in Israel he actually went full circle and INCREASED the military budget by 3 billion shekels. thereby saving the expansion of the Iron Dome project.
    And Netanyahu’s justification...?

“I have reflected on this question, but in view of what has happened in the region, I have reached the conclusion that cutting the defence budget would be a mistake, even a big mistake

6 settlers were arrested and the case is proceeding as it would in any other western country. One presumes that the police got confessions or has evidence solid enough not to need to make more arrests.
    I'm sorry but that doesn't begin to explain why one ethnic group are rounded up by the hundreds, indefinitely detained without charge and given the ticking timebomb status so they can be legally tortured while the other is given the protections and rights afforded to it by the justice system....and probably eventual hero status and statues built in their honour like Baruch Goldstein who murderered or injured 150 praying Muslims in cold blood.

Do you have an explanation?

I opened these files expecting to see this:

sderot.jpg

Depraved.

• Advertisement

Looks like Netanyahu (predictably) was lieing through his teeth in regards to the kidnap and murder of 3 Israeli teenagers:

How Politics and Lies Triggered an Unintended War in Gaza

So, he knew they were dead from the beginning, and he also knew that it wasn't Hamas who were responsible, and he even knew who the most likely culprits were. This current war is one of choice by Netanyahu, one built on lies, and a deliberate escalation of violence, when none was needed, and yet we have the usual suspects defending Israel, despite the fact that this conflict was one of a choice made by the extremist nutter Netanyahu.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement