Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

amklo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I wouldn't book the emergency exit row at that stage, they may make you move if you're pregnant (and you'll be well obvious at that stage!). It's because by sitting in the emergency exit row you're technically agreeing to open the door and help people etc so if you're unfit to do that they can move you. Prebook your seat and get yourself in the aisle, you'll have the comfort of being able to get up to the toilets without disturbing people and can stretch your legs out into the aisle if you need to. (watch out for the trolley!)

I was wondering about that alright, wasn't sure if you could sit there while pregnant. Thanks for the advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Fit to kill someone today only because of the lack of sleep for past few days! I am absolutely wrecked once it hits 10 o clock but cannot for life me get comfortable and fall asleep til well after 3 and even then don't feel fully asleep, awake then again before 10 most mornings.
    Time is slowly ticking for me as I wasn't working, was in college so not back for this semester meaning no routine and wandering around the house bored :(

Could be the full moon effecting us, it was very bright last night :-) ! I wake up roasting or cold in the middle of the night lately but suffer on to the alarm get up.. 10 more weeks of work is keeping me going. Decided against holidays myself as its not hot enough for proper lounging in the canaries, other option was Dubai 25 degrees average but thats a 7/8hr flight and $$$. We're going to stay-cation in Ireland next month for a long wknd instead, some r&r.

Getting so close now ladies!

Ladies have you bought much yet? I want to start buying the pram, cotbed etc but my partner thinks it's too soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Have carseat and base bought since October but left in Mothercare to be collected! Pushchair on the way should have it today, cot picked out for my group of friends to buy, boyfriends mom buying moses basket and if she hasn't it bought by Feb buying it myself want to have things prepared just in case and buying sterliser and bottles in the next 2 weeks! Have 8w5d til EDD so need to get stuff sorted! Have clothes and blankets washed and sorted for the first few weeks and started buying the last day for my hospital bag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

have our carseat, buggy, bouncer, Moses basket a while, bought some babygrows and vests last week, oh and a pack of nappies! will get something else this weekend, maybe monitor or sterilizer, my partner likes to pick stuff up as we go, makes him feel a bit more prepared and less scared!!!

9 weeks left today, only 6 weeks left at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Nope, haven't bought a thing, but this is #2 anyway so we have everything...
    Actually I lie! We did buy a double buggy. The original buggy (mamas+papas zoom with all the bells + whistles, car seat, base, carrycot etc) is now up for sale, PM me if interested... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Have cot, nest, clothes for first few weeks bought. Had planned on getting buggy last week but illness meant we didn't get out. Hope to get it (or at least order/pay) on Sunday. Have to get changing bad and changing dresser thing, baby bath. Hope to feed myself so not getting steriliser and bottles just yet. Will get Milton in though.

Right so....I really do need to get my skates on :-D 9 weeks to go for me today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Has anyone started packing their hospital bag?!

• Advertisement

no haven't started packing yet! have picked up some maternity pads and breastpads tho!
    dunno what bag to pack for baby, have a carry on size case for myself, does baby need one that size?! was half thinkin of using a backpack or something for baby, is that too small?! haven't got a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

ainy wrote: »
    no haven't started packing yet! have picked up some maternity pads and breastpads tho!
    dunno what bag to pack for baby, have a carry on size case for myself, does baby need one that size?! was half thinkin of using a backpack or something for baby, is that too small?! haven't got a clue!

I packed 3 bags last time.
    A small bag with mine & the baby's going home clothes in it, this stayed in the boot of the car & hubby brought it into the hospital the day we were being released.
    A small suitcase, like what would be used as carry on, for the ward.
    And a medium sized bag for the labour ward. In this bag I put in everything I'd need for labour, I also packed the baby's clothes to be dressed in when born. I wrapped the baby's clothes in a light baby blanket & told hubby about them which turned out to be a good thing as I had a section so hubby had to dress baby on the recovery ward while waiting for me to come down & the clothes were easy to find wrapped in the blanket.

And the buggy is on order. Car seat is the last big thing we need now I think.

wow 3 bags, that seems a lot! don't know if I even have 3bags! i'm in the midwifery unit and hoping to finish it it too so theres no ward involved, once labour has started you go to the hospital and get In to a suite in the unit, you stay there until baby comes and then they let you home after 24hrs, so I dont think i'l need a separate ward and labour bag, thats as long as everything goes to plan (which may not happen!!) suppose i'll have more of an idea as we get closer!

thats great deedless, we just have our cotbed to get but his mum is gettin it for us, hopefully this week when i'm on holidays and then I can sort the babies room out!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Not sure if you remember me but have followed this thread since my loss in July and wish you all the best of luck but have some good news I'm pregnant again, very very early days. Not long for everyone here , time has gone really quick.

je551e wrote:
    Not sure if you remember me but have followed this thread since my loss in July and wish you all the best of luck but have some good news I'm pregnant again, very very early days. Not long for everyone here , time has gone really quick.

awe that is brilliant to hear!! delighted for you, actually read back through the whole thread quite recently and was thinking of you and hoping you were ok! hope everything goes well for you!

Thanks ainy, hope you're doing well ...feeling good at the moment so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

je551e wrote: »

Congratulations! :) wonderful news :)

je551e wrote: »

Congratulations! Delighted for you! :-)

Oh that's great to hear.when is your expected due date?

• Advertisement

deedless wrote: »
    Oh that's great to hear.when is your expected due date?

End of Sep so still very early days for me.

ainy wrote: »
    wow 3 bags, that seems a lot! don't know if I even have 3bags! i'm in the midwifery unit and hoping to finish it it too so theres no ward involved, once labour has started you go to the hospital and get In to a suite in the unit, you stay there until baby comes and then they let you home after 24hrs, so I dont think i'l need a separate ward and labour bag, thats as long as everything goes to plan (which may not happen!!) suppose i'll have more of an idea as we get closer!

I'm on a similar idea, MLU, I hope to be out 6hrs so on the way clothes will be on the way out ones (hopefully) I was on done deal & picked up a cot/bed & changing table & moses basket Sunday all hardly used, in great nic. I also went to a tesco extra aisle of baby/mother stuff. Boots & tesco have a link to what to bring with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I was with the MLU last time too but ended up spending a week in hospital so was glad I'd packed what I had, in fact I ran out of some things so OH had to bring in more.
    The way I saw it was I'd rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it ;)

Thanks Ms2011 I'll have a back up at home, we're very close by so OH can pick it up if needed.

Ms2011 wrote:
    I was with the MLU last time too but ended up spending a week in hospital so was glad I'd packed what I had, in fact I ran out of some things so OH had to bring in more. The way I saw it was I'd rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it 

i guess I should prepare for anything so! means a lot more shopping is needed!

had our 32week scan today, baby measuring 4lb 6oz already =-O but their abdominal measurement is off the scale! so a fat baby!

it means we might have to leave the mlu and go consultant led tho, the midwives are getting the consultant to look over the scan., have my appointment with them on Friday morning so will hopefully know where we stand then, anyway what will be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Two Months to go! Eek time is flying!! Getting very slow and sore in the hips and just uncomfortable in general.

yamiki wrote:
    Two Months to go! Eek time is flying!! Getting very slow and sore in the hips and just uncomfortable in general.

oh getting slow and uncomfortable definitely! i'm definitely waddling now, one of my patients joked with me last week and said heres the duck coming!!

I also slipped on ice outside my house yesterday evening, didn't fall but my 2 legs went separate directions, was very uncomfortable in the groin area for the rest of the day, seems to be ok now!
    have been on holidays from work this week, the thoughts of going back next week is horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

33 weeks today but measuring a week ahead at last scan.
    Sorted out all the little vests and babygros and took pram down from the attic, feels much more real now and feel like time has just vanished!
    Have to buy newborn car seat and possibly Moses basket as I borrowed those last time! :eek:
    Also really should pack my own hospital bag as I can't see myself actually getting to 40 weeks.
    Baby was breech at last appointment, hoping s/he will have turned by next one!

Have a lovely weekend all :)

• Advertisement

31 weeks myself, car seat picked up & I've ordered my pram (out n about) in the Jan sales. I hope to walk a lot so this suits me, I'm getting the carrycot too for the sake of 150, I can use it as the downstairs bed. I set up the nursery the wknd before (ie. cot & changing table) and a few supplies for the table & hospital bag. So its all go! Still quite neat, appointment with the midwives next week. Hopefully I find out if its measuring on track etc.. the last scan seems so long ago now! I don't know the s3x of the baby so its great fun how convinced people are to my face that its a boy or a girl to me. I actually have no gut feeling either way, trawling through names & changing my choice daily!!

Advertisement