Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

20 weeks today and been feeling kicks for the last week or so. This is my second tho so I know what to look for. Scan on Friday, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Had my scan done today! everything is perfect baby is good size and we also found out the gender!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Had my scan done today! everything is perfect baby is good size and we also found out the gender!:)

Brilliant!! Congrats!! What are you having? Mine is on Thurs, can't wait!

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Brilliant!! Congrats!! What are you having? Mine is on Thurs, can't wait!

Having a lil baby boy :D secretly wanted a girl, name and everything picked out so felt little sad when I heard boy but my bf was so excited and made me excited then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

I'm sure that's such a relief, to know you're half way there and all looking good.

Is anyone else leaving it to the Xmas sales to pick up their necessaries? I'm not due til end March so think that should leave me time, but people keep asking if I've started buying yet.

• Advertisement

deedless wrote: »
    I'm sure that's such a relief, to know you're half way there and all looking good.

Is anyone else leaving it to the Xmas sales to pick up their necessaries? I'm not due til end March so think that should leave me time, but people keep asking if I've started buying yet.

Yep, planning on buying everything in the January sales :)

Yea it is such a relief! I haven't bought a thing either only few sleepsuits and a blanket haha my mom and his mom have bought a few pieces of clothing nothing major as I had warned them!
    My first purchase I am thinking will be a carseat and base then sterliser, not sure what after that as some friends want to chip in for one big present! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

big congrats baby pebble! haven't started buying anything yet but have our buggy picked out, mite get that next month to ease the pressure in January! everything else we're gonna leave until January, think it'l feel more real then!

started gettin a few proper kicks this weekend, think baby knew it was my birthday and wanted to make it special!

anyone else going to find out what your having? we're going to leave it as a surprise,

I'm getting good amount of kicking aswell and could even see today on the monitor the hands and legs moving all over the place! Wonder will there be much stuff in January sales is it worth waiting? What buggy are you planning ainy have no idea what to get!

we're going for the out n about nipper 360, we're in the country so would be using it on country roads and lanes a lot and it has good suspension which himself is very impressed with!! should be gettin a bundle deal for a good price off someone we know that imports them. had my heart set on the baby jogger city select which my sister has but its working out too expensive and its actually quite heavy and wouldn't be as good on our terrain!

not really sure what would be in the January sales but we just think January is time enough for other things! we dont have too many other big things to get, his mum is getting us the cot bed as a present!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

congrats ladies, ye are all flying along with the organisation! I've my 20 week next Thurs, I haven't had any flutters yet & i'm still only up 1kg but 90% of my jeans are now uncomfortable around my belly. I was a bit worried that I haven't felt anything yet but I read it can be anything up to 23/24 weeks before I probably feel or know what it is. The scan will put my mind at ease next week.
    My friends sister is selling a bugaboo cameleon I think its called, I hear they're good so I said i'd be keen (i'm clueless on it all at the moment!) We move into a new house in 3 weeks so thats been a major distraction!! Baby can wait until Jan for shopping ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

E_M_K wrote: »
    @Cheeseprincess on the ASOS clothes are they true to size or a bit big? I found i'm normally a 10 but ASOS can be hit & miss on sizing. I did come across across nice maternity clothes on a site mamalicious & beautiful bumps recently, def worth a look.

Haven't been here in a few weeks! ASOS stuff is fitting really well. I'm a 12. The work trousers and skirts fit perfectly and the jeans are pretty good too - one pair fall down a little but I'm probably still a bit small for them.

Scan done! :):) great to see the baba, all looking good.

had our anomaly scan this evening, baby looked great moved positions completely during it all! had to go in and out a few times because she couldn't see urine in babys bladder, fluid volume outside is good meaning baby is peeing and kidneys are working but she didn't know why bladder was empty, have to go back on Saturday for another look. oh and baby weighing 1lb!

had the follow up scan today, all good, lots of urine in the bladder so happy out now!!
    officially bought my first baby purchase, a nice changing bag!

Scan on Tuesday. I'm feeling more and more anxious about it. I know that a) the scans done already were fine and b) there's nothing I can do; but I just wish it was done and I had the results. Irrational but there you go.

deedless I think its normal to feel anxious about scans, I had myself worked up that something would be wrong with ours, its such a relief and so reassuring when you see baby kicking and moving, and all is well! you'l get that feeling on tuesday!!

I went for my 20 week buzzed up thinking it was scan day to be told its not until the 17th Nov (first i'd heard of that appointment) it was only a check up i was in for :-( I was worried as I was feeling a bit small bump wise but she put on the dopler and I heard the heart beat so I was a happy lady :-) She did say measuring my uterus i'm on the small side at 18cm not to be worried!!! i've no idea what I should be at this stage?? My bump feels like its grown over night, up 2kgs in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I was worried as I was feeling a bit small bump wise but she put on the dopler and I heard the heart beat so I was a happy lady :-) She did say measuring my uterus i'm on the small side at 18cm not to be worried!!! i've no idea what I should be at this stage?? My bump feels like its grown over night, up 2kgs in 2 weeks.

Everyone grows differently at different rates, don't worry about being small, big doesn't mean healthy. Lots of women don't show at all until 22-24+ weeks with their first.

on another unrelated topic, has anyone done the gentle birth workshops? Thinking of doing it as I'm on the Domino scheme in Cork.

• Advertisement

Yay, scan was all good. What a relief. Now to get on with gently cooking babs.

haven't done any workshops or classes yet, the midwives had said it would be after Christmas when we would do ours! looking forward to them, also think it will be hilarious seeing himself at them, he has no experience whatsoever of babies!

ainy wrote: »
    haven't done any workshops or classes yet, the midwives had said it would be after Christmas when we would do ours! looking forward to them, also think it will be hilarious seeing himself at them, he has no experience whatsoever of babies!

My hubby didn't even know he'd to do classes, as i'm going public/Domino scheme I decided to book private classes now to make sure i'd a spot for Jan for the gentle birth & Claire boyle's breastfeeding, hearing good things about her. Forewarned is forearmed I hope!

Hmm is anyone of the 2nd- (or 3rd) timers going to the antenatal classes again? I haven't decided yet whether I should or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

yamiki wrote: »
    Hmm is anyone of the 2nd- (or 3rd) timers going to the antenatal classes again? I haven't decided yet whether I should or not...

Nah! Am pretty confident I know what to expect :)

Found the classes super as a first timer though :)

Nah! Am pretty confident I know what to expect :)

Found the classes super as a first timer though :)

that's what I'm thinking too. My little lady is only 15 months now, so it's not that long ago that I went through the whole childbirth ... granted this one most likely will be different, but I roughly know what to expect, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

yamiki wrote: »
    that's what I'm thinking too. My little lady is only 15 months now, so it's not that long ago that I went through the whole childbirth ... granted this one most likely will be different, but I roughly know what to expect, anyway.

It will be almost 4 years for me! :)

Might go to a couple feeding meetings maybe.

Anybody else just feeling generally fed up being pregnant lately?

deedless wrote: »
    Yay, scan was all good. What a relief. Now to get on with gently cooking babs.

21+3 now & had my scan today, all good. Didn't realise how nice it is to see the baby moving all over the place. Got a picture of the little one sucking his/her thumb. Planning to keep it a surprise until d-day. I'll be on an emotional high for the day! :-)

• Advertisement

21+3 now & had my scan today, all good. Didn't realise how nice it is to see the baby moving all over the place. Got a picture of the little one sucking his/her thumb. Planning to keep it a surprise until d-day. I'll be on an emotional high for the day! :-)

Great to hear. My little one was sucking thumb both on the anomaly scan and the mini scan with the consultant at 16 weeks. Super cute!

Kauto, I cant say I'm fed up, but I've a new requirement to eat every three or so hours or else I start to feel a bit nauseous. I don't have to eat much but it's a definitite need. I could do without it frankly, as it seems to include overnight so I wake up feeling off.

Advertisement