Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

Pape's appeal has ben rejected.Infact by the sound of things it was pretty much chucked out no questions asked. Good decision there can be no position of tolerence taken on an foul of that nature in any sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Brilliant game going on at Kingsholm. 30-23 to Gloucester against Northampton, 30 to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Brilliant game going on at Kingsholm. 30-23 to Gloucester against Northampton, 30 to go

Best game of the season so far. Hope Gloucester don't lose it after building up that big lead at half time and just after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Premiership is great entertainment. Very unfair reputation it's the best league to watch in Europe. All started so well for Welsh, 12-6 up after 20, now 74-19 to Exeter.

James Downey on BT2 for Wasps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I didn't know he'd moved to Wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

aimee1 wrote: »

No real issue with that to be honest, born in Wales resident in England, choice is theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

aimee1 wrote: »
    One of those two - Callum Sheedy - is also eligible for Ireland and played with the Irish Exiles at under 18 level in the youths competition and with them at 19s level and also played for an under 19 Irish 7s side

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

One of those two - Callum Sheedy - is also eligible for Ireland and played with the Irish Exiles at under 18 level in the youths competition and with them at 19s level and also played for an under 19 Irish 7s side

I knew I recognised the name!

I think it's completely up to these guys who they represent, however I'd also point out that I think this decision (on their part) is driven by financial reasons, and I think it might lead to Wales questioning the merits of nominating their u20 team as a their 2nd side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think it might lead to Wales questioning the merits of nominating their u20 team as a their 2nd side.

Yeah, I always wondered about this policy. I think it screwed over one of the Shingler brothers right? Have Ireland ever lost a player who represented us at U-20 level to another country?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

A lovely pronunciation of Clondalkin here :D

Nyoom Barnhall

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is this what tries are like at j5 level?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yes, only slower.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »

Is this what tries are like at j5 level?

Ards are a shambles this year so it's not that much of a surprise that someone should score after 21 seconds. Mind you Tullamore's handling of that restart/kick off was INITIALLY terrible for any level never mind an AIL 2B match! Worked out ok for them I suppose!

Just watching that clip makes my hamstrings twinge!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

errlloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, I always wondered about this policy. I think it screwed over one of the Shingler brothers right? Have Ireland ever lost a player who represented us at U-20 level to another country?

Steve Shingler is the one who got screwed. I hate the practice by which some U20 teams are considered binding and some aren't - just a mad inconsistency.

Timo Swiel withdrew from the SA squad for the last JWC in order to stay eligible for England too iirc.

Paul Doran-Jones represented you guys back when it was U21, right? Only one I can think of in answer to your question, although Brookes and Seymour both played age grade for Ireland (well, presumably Seymour did).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shane Geraghty played underage for Ireland too I think but not to U20 level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's not even just that only some U20 teams count, it only counts when they play certain teams. Both teams have to be their national sides next representative team so playing for Wales U20 vs Ireland U20 wouldn't make you ineligible but if they played france it would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

CSM Bucharest signed 13 players for the next season :

- Heroshi Tea (prop, 5 caps for Samoa)
    - Alex Gordas (prop, Worcester)
    - Silviu Vasiliu (prop, played in European Challenge Cup this season)
    - Kamil Sobota (prop, Cluj)
    - Sefo Sakalia (hooker, Tonga A)
    - Junior Taavili (lock, Randwick - Australia)
    - Andrei Romanov (lock, Moldovan international)
    - Daniel Carpo (eightman, 50 caps for Romania)
    - Phillip Tuigamala (scrumhalf, Samoa 7's)
    - Jonetani Ralulu (flyhalf, 15 caps for Fiji)
    - Andrew Suniula (centre, 33 caps for USA, London Wasps)
    - Alfie Paea (centre, Tonga A, Randwick - Australia)
    - Mateo Malupo (fullback, 4 caps for Tonga, 20 ITM Cup caps)

Almost expected to see Billy Ngwini pop up on that kind of list! #bringhimbackMOC #mostelectrifyingmaninsportsleinstertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Any recommendations for decent (preferably Irish) podcasts?

This schools rugby photo perfectly sums up the absolute agony of losing a big game
    http://jrnl.ie/1985182

Brilliant photo

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Talk about genetic advantage. It's just not fair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Wingers hate him

timaru89 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for decent (preferably Irish) podcasts?

Second Captains do Rugby amongst other things

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/second-captains

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

• Advertisement

I wonder what "far in excess" means

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement