Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCooney09/status/578250100071366656

"An interesting Wednesday using Neurofeedback Training to help my brain work more efficiently"

CAZbY_LW4AEURSC.jpg

http://www.actualise.ie/about/actualise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see the morphing of John Cooney into Isaac Boss is coming along well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    I see the morphing of John Cooney into Isaac Boss is coming along well.

Haha I actually had to click on the link to see if it was Cooney or Boss.

It's bloody weird. Cooney looks like he hasn't slept in days. That is not the face of a 24 year old.

Maybe that's what the experiment is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

It's the lighting. Selfie amateur.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,252 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

19543261 wrote: »
    It's the lighting. Selfie amateur.

whats a selfie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

sydthebeat wrote: »
    whats a selfie?

When you do my name and hit yourself in the face....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,252 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wang King wrote: »
    When you do my name and hit yourself in the face....

So you put your hip out "doing a selfie" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So you put your hip out "doing a selfie" ;)

Married 15 years.... I'm only getting selfies these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Rumours of Jamie Roberts heading to Quins next season on the Twitter machine.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

only 5 starts for racing in the top 14, that's the same as Sexton who's been injured for 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

molloyjh wrote: »
    Rumours of Jamie Roberts heading to Quins next season on the Twitter machine.....

Aren't Wales enforcing the play-your-rugby-in-Wales rule after the WC? Is that Roberts swan song so?

Teferi wrote: »
    Aren't Wales enforcing the play-your-rugby-in-Wales rule after the WC? Is that Roberts swan song so?

You'd think so. If the rumours are true. He's a bit young for it though. Could well just be a contract negotiation ploy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

You'd think so. If the rumours are true. He's a bit young for it though. Could well just be a contract negotiation ploy.

warburton make a big noise about the wru contracts the other day. Roberts was previously linked with a wru deal so this could be to bump up the salary alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

I know some people swearing blind that it's a done deal. Will be interesting to see if they're right.

Don't think he's a good fit there... Quality player but has never shown anything decent at club level.

There's always the aspect of Dr. Roberts potentially wanting to keep his medical career ticking over which may influence his decision as to where he ends up.

He has big mileage on the clock for only 28 years old (approx 215 pro games) and has had a number of injuries too. I wouldn't be shocked for him to be the sort of guy that would walk away from international rugby at a relatively young age. Maybe not in the next year but around the age of 30 or 31, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

I wasn't sure where to put this but by chance I was listening to the wireless last night and came upon this.

BBC Radio 5 live 'Matt Dawson Rugby show' Guests included Brian Moore and John Beattie.
    They reviewed the Six Nations, with an interview with Rob Kearney and also looked forward to the World Cup.
    Dawson comes across as a total ........ and things start to get a little tasty in a few of the exchanges between himself and Beattie. Nothing to heavy but enjoyable all the same.

Tis not geoblocked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lspecials
    Go down the page and on the right of the page select the show from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Mart Dawson on TV comes across as a bubbly fun type but he's actually a biased prat most the time. I enjoy him on Question of Sport but can't stand him on BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

John Beattie was making the point that the structure of English Rugby does not help the national team. 1 English win in the last number of years of the six nations. A good point and worth discussing I thought. RFU v Clubs, player contracts and welfare etc.

No no no no. Matt Dawson's response was churlish. I paraphrase 'All those winners would swap a World Cup win over a six nations win'
    Yes Matt of course they would, but address the point that Beattie made.

Interesting radio/podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pro12 lose another player, Jon Welsh the Scottish prop is leaving Glasgow for Newcastle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

what on earth is going on at Glasgow? Why is such a newly successful club starting to lose a lot of players?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

razorblunt wrote: »
    Pro12 lose another player, Jon Welsh the Scottish prop is leaving Glasgow for Newcastle.
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    what on earth is going on at Glasgow? Why is such a newly successful club starting to lose a lot of players?

I wouldn't read much into Jon Welsh leaving, he has barely played for them this season: http://www.pro12rugby.com/teams/glasgow/squad.php?player=78139&includeref=dynamic#zYjPr97QVZHwwD1r.97

Movement happens. I'm surprised about some of the moves but sure Leinster were winning trophies like they were going out of fashion and we lost some brilliant players....

Scottish rugby is broke. They can't give the players the money that can get a few hours down the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Scottish rugby is broke. They can't give the players the money that can get a few hours down the road.

Bloody shame if Glasgow regress after the progress they have made.

OldRio wrote: »
    John Beattie was making the point that the structure of English Rugby does not help the national team. 1 English win in the last number of years of the six nations. A good point and worth discussing I thought. RFU v Clubs, player contracts and welfare etc.

No no no no. Matt Dawson's response was churlish. I paraphrase 'All those winners would swap a World Cup win over a six nations win'
    Yes Matt of course they would, but address the point that Beattie made.

Interesting radio/podcast.

Someone needs to explain to Dawson that there have been 2 RWCs since England won it and that it was nearly 12 years ago now. It has absolutely zero relevance in any debate about international rugby today. And everything we've seen so far would suggest that England are not going to win the RWC 2015.

I wouldn't write them off completely but they would have to be outsiders at this stage surely? They been comprehensively beaten quite a few times over the last few years. We did it in the 6 Nations this year, New Zealand did it in the summer and Wales in the 2013 6 Nations absolutely murdered them. They've a poor record against SH sides under Lancaster with 0/5 against SA, 1/6 against NZ and 2/3 against Oz. That's 3 wins from 14 against SH sides.

The could turn things around but as they stand I don't think they are a tournament winning side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Someone needs to explain to Dawson that there have been 2 RWCs since England won it and that it was nearly 12 years ago now. It has absolutely zero relevance in any debate about international rugby today. And everything we've seen so far would suggest that England are not going to win the RWC 2015.

I wouldn't write them off completely but they would have to be outsiders at this stage surely? They been comprehensively beaten quite a few times over the last few years. We did it in the 6 Nations this year, New Zealand did it in the summer and Wales in the 2013 6 Nations absolutely murdered them. They've a poor record against SH sides under Lancaster with 0/5 against SA, 1/6 against NZ and 2/3 against Oz. That's 3 wins from 14 against SH sides.

The could turn things around but as they stand I don't think they are a tournament winning side.

I wouldn't judge England on their away form. They are very strong at home and all their games are going to be there. I can't not see them winning their group with home advantage and then they will have one of Scotland/Samoa/Japan waiting for them in the quarter finals. Semi-final in Twickenham against one of Ireland/France/Argentina, you would have to say they'd be favourites for a place in the finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Surely the amount of pints they sold during England v France has generated some unexpected windfall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement