Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

LI have signed Dominic Waldouck so perhaps Sheridan is on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

LI have signed Dominic Waldouck so perhaps Sheridan is on the way out.

Doesn't bode well for him as Griffin and Mulchrone have both had significant game time this season. It'll be an interesting one. He's a good player. Not top level but I'd see him as more useful than Hurley at 12 with better hands and quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Most of the LI fans I've spoken to haven't been impressed by Sheridan's hands in the last year or so. Haven't watched enough to know the truth of that myself mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I've always thought Sheridan was very over-rated by posters here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've always thought Sheridan was very over-rated by posters here tbh.

Maybe when he was at leinster. He was poor IMO but I've seen him since and he's impressed me.

• Advertisement

He's obviously no world beater but he's a very solid player. He's versatile enough to play 11-14 and a powerful carrier and tackler. Would be worth the 12 jersey in Munster if they looked at him relative to their other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Buer wrote: »
    He's obviously no world beater but he's a very solid player. He's versatile enough to play 11-14 and a powerful carrier and tackler. Would be worth the 12 jersey in Munster if they looked at him relative to their other options.

By all accounts Saili has signed but is waiting for a visa, that would solve our problem at 12.

case885 wrote: »
    By all accounts Saili has signed but is waiting for a visa, that would solve our problem at 12.

Has that not gone very quiet? Media reports were the guts of two weeks ago suggesting it was to be announced in the next day or two.

When queried about media rumours on Henshaw this week Ian Costello said: "“Last week, they were reporting we were ready to sign Francis Saili and Agustin Creevy."

I'd have thought that suggests the media jumped the gun on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Buer wrote: »
    Has that not gone very quiet? Media reports were the guts of two weeks ago suggesting it was to be announced in the next day or two.

When queried about media rumours on Henshaw this week Ian Costello said: "“Last week, they were reporting we were ready to sign Francis Saili and Agustin Creevy."

I'd have thought that suggests the media jumped the gun on that one?

From what i've seen hes agreed a salary and contract length but is waiting on a visa and medical.
    These things drag out so i wouldnt be too worried about it.
    Bit like when Horne was rumoured to join us, then a few weeks later he resigned with ARU but admitted Munster had offered him a deal.
    Its a big decision for saili too if he does join so i guess he would need time to think about whats best move for him.

Freddie Burns starting really well vs London Irish on BT now.

Court penalised twice in the first scrums too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Freddie Burns starting really well vs London Irish on BT now.

Court penalised twice in the first scrums too.

Irish are in big trouble at the scrums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Ayerza is a machine, must be the best prop in the Prem, LI can't live with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Terrible game. Leicester have nothing in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Jacovs

The TMO for the Ireland vs England game this coming weekend was assaulted after the Stormers vs Blues games this past weekend. Not sure he will be making it to the game, id say he wont with a punctured lung.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/TMO-Shaun-Veldsman-assaulted-20150223

Jacovs wrote: »
    The TMO for the Ireland vs England game this coming weekend was assaulted after the Stormers vs Blues games this past weekend. Not sure he will be making it to the game, id say he wont with a punctured lung.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/TMO-Shaun-Veldsman-assaulted-20150223

Jesus that's terrible.

George Ford on Stringer and Ireland.
    When Ireland played England at Twickenham, I forget what year, my Dad brought me into the Ireland changing room after the game. Peter was playing 9, he came over and gave me his 9 shirt. I was still young but it fitted me anyway because he was that small! I still have that shirt now. I remind him about that all the time. He just laughs. He’s a brilliant guy, Strings. He says it is the weirdest thing now being in the same half-back pairing as me.

Weird and terrifying, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Weird and terrifying, I'd say.

He also says in the interview that Stringer babysat him and his brothers at one stage. Imagine playing alongside someone you used to babysit. Now that's weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

molloyjh wrote: »
    He also says in the interview that Stringer babysat him and his brothers at one stage. Imagine playing alongside someone you used to babysit. Now that's weird!

Didn't Owen Farrell play alongside Andy Farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

errlloyd wrote: »
    Didn't Owen Farrell play alongside Andy Farrell

Pre-season I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

its_phil wrote: »
    Pre-season I think

Actually according to a sarries board they never quite played together. Owen Farrell twice replaced his injured father. Once in a pre season game and once in an LV Cup game. (then EDF energy cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

molloyjh wrote: »

Some of the lads on my team this year used to be my cubs and scouts back in the day. It's just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

b.gud wrote: »

He's not first choice at Racing so they aren't going to keep him at what he's currently being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Conor Gilsenan has penned a new contract at London Irish http://42.ie/1LuvtiG

• Administrators Posts: 53,538 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Choke tackle doesn't encourage high tackles at all. Players will hit at pretty much the same height as normal. In fact I would say if you want to hold someone up getting in under their arms is the best place to get a hold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He has a point in the tackling high thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

CatFromHue wrote: »

i wonder does he feel liam williams elbowing Paddy jackson in the head after a try is scored is dangerous too or fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

CatFromHue wrote: »

Yeah that's nonsense. It might promote tackles around the chest but that's perfectly within the rules. It's a thinly veiled attempt to get into referees heads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement