Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Happy days :D

guN4KX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cash register for the shop?

Monitor is really nice on it (It's a 28" Hantarex polo reflected up onto the mirror). Working 1 Euro coin mech, spare gun as well for parts. Internals are nice and neat which is good to see.

Pics aren't great but you get the idea(Daisy Dog not sure about the situation at all :)).
    zTBxcE.jpgGYojKl.jpg

I wasn't too far off with the size test I did with the 3d model :):
    FEzgAr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Steve SI wrote: »
    Monitor is really nice on it (It's a 28" Hantarex polo reflected up onto the mirror). Working 1 Euro coin mech, spare gun as well for parts. Internals are nice and neat which is good to see.

Pics aren't great but you get the idea(Daisy Dog not sure about the situation at all :)).
    zTBxcE.jpgGYojKl.jpg

I wasn't too far off with the size test I did with the 3d model :):
    FEzgAr.jpg
    can i live at your gaff for the week.....

Nice!
    Set that bad boy to hard!
    No continues.
    Even better leave it on 1euro a credit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

One cab I would love to own.

Lack of space sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That's a big enough cab Steve, nice addition dude :)

urbanledge wrote: »
    Nice!
    Set that bad boy to hard!
    No continues.
    Even better leave it on 1euro a credit!

I'll look into the difficulty settings, it seems harder than normal now but i've not exactly played it in a while. It must be a dip switch as I dont see any settings in the service menu for it.
    Myrddin wrote: »
    That's a big enough cab Steve, nice addition dude :)

Yeah its hefty enough all right :)

Edit:
    It's seen a few coins in its time anyway :)

2rg9mw.jpg

Can't get the high score to work on the point blank game. There are high scores, but the game doesn't ask me for my initials after I beat them, the game just resets after I've finished a game. It sort of seems it's meant to reset or something.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it normal for the game to reset once you've finished a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Dunno if thats right, if its anything like time crisis those scores are kept even when the machine is switched off, you have to go into the service menu to reset the scores. Unless its turned off in there to not record them?

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Dunno if thats right, if its anything like time crisis those scores are kept even when the machine is switched off, you have to go into the service menu to reset the scores. Unless its turned off in there to not record them?

Yeah I've reinitialised the high scores in service menu. But it still doesn't ask me to save any scores and does the reset thing. Maybe a dip switch in the pcb itself? It's inside a metal cage so I'll have a gander at it at the weekend maybe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

dunno about point blank but time crisis has a time mode and a story mode, the time mode is the only one that lets you enter initials.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another expensive snes get. I'll be taking a break from expensive games for awhile.

318962.jpg

Oh very nice, that's on my wanted list too....but dat price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,612 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Evo? Harvest Moon? Majyuuou? Is that doctorate finally starting to pay off? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Congrats on the copy of E.V.O. Did you actually bite the bullet and pay full price for it, or did you manage to find a great deal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Evo? Harvest Moon? Majyuuou? Is that doctorate finally starting to pay off? :D

Not exactly. I'm doing a job and on the same pay scale I'd be on if I went straight from college with a degree but I'm not complaining!
    BCGMatt wrote: »
    Congrats on the copy of E.V.O. Did you actually bite the bullet and pay full price for it, or did you manage to find a great deal?

110 including postage from the Netherlands. Not a bad price really.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    110 including postage from the Netherlands. Not a bad price really.

That's pretty good actually. Did you check to make sure it's not a repro?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And here I am prevaricating about spending €30 on a Wii game, and you blow 110 on a Snes game!

Master of the Universe

It's a sad state of affairs that this is now a common practice with expensive games isn't it? :(

Definitely recommended with expensive Snes games.

• Advertisement

I don't think it is from a quick glance, what are the stand out signs that it is?

I don't think it is from a quick glance, what are the stand out signs that it is?

Open the cart, if there's one of those tsop adapters and/or wires then it's a repro. If it's eproms with no signs of soldering/modding then it'll be legit

Hmm, I'll need to invest in a gamebit screwdriver to have a look.

Hmm, I'll need to invest in a gamebit screwdriver to have a look.

Definitely, when buying expensive Snes games a gamebit is a must

Master of the Universe

Most important thing you can have in your gaming toolbox :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Most important thing you can have in your gaming toolbox :)

I remember opening my Earthbound cart with one eye shut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I bought this 2 piece set - good quality ones be a must

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Not exclusively a retro get, but I'm sticking to my usual thing of being at least one generation behind.

9xShCg0l.jpg

Game recommendations?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The Last Guardian

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement