Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

If someone wants a special criminal investigation pcb for free (ACTUALLY wants it, as opposed to flipping), I just put an ad in the marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭geotrig

beejee wrote: »
    If someone wants a special criminal investigation pcb for free (ACTUALLY wants it, as opposed to flipping), I just put an ad in the marketplace.

oh to play that in a cockpit / sit-down cab again would be a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

geotrig wrote: »
    oh to play that in a cockpit / sit-down cab again would be a dream

I'd love to try that I only played the upright. Must have dropped 30 pounds into that machine over a couple of summers. It felt kind of janky on some level but the sound effects and the feeling when you crashed into stuff was so satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

BGOllie wrote: »
    keep posting away dude. I am VERY jealous but I do enjoy seeing stuff being found an rescued :D:D

Finally you have someone based in Ireland to be jealous of their hauls!

I think we were all jealous of you with the hauls you would get when you were game chasing. :pac:

You haven’t done too badly over years tobe fair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Keep posting, I wasnt begrudging at all.
    Was just curious to your method for playing them all, I probably have less that 10 arcade PCBs, will put them up soon, same as you some non workers and some nostalgia rose tinted glasses games :)
    Not a show off thing, we all need to put up more

• Advertisement

Love that game and the series. Id almost take it and hold onto it in the hope of getting a proper cab down the line. That will probably never happen and would be totally selfish hehe. Hope it goes to someone who will give it a good home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

o1s1n wrote: »
    existential crisis time?

Existential Time Crisis?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say, I'm in full agreement with everyone, keep posting your collection and new gets, it's invigorating to see the scene, the Irish scene especially.
    We've seen some bulk collectors come and go here but none seem to have the affection that you seem to have for the past time, so keep letting me know of your acquisitions and trials getting them back to health!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My new overlay for my Veccy controller landed yesterday.
    Finally, my surviving Vectrex will look awesome once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If you can't do anything with the Rainbow islands and are interested in passing it on(obviously not for free:D) shoot us a PM, been looking for one of them and an NZ story for years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

There was an SCI cab for sale on ebay a few days ago for £150 buy it now. Same seller had a mint looking crazy taxi naomi cab for £400 as well. Was very tempted.

On the topic of game PCBs, in the mid 00's I called to a few operators in Dublin city centre and bought up a few boards for €10-20 a pop.
    I was just out of school at the time and hadn't much cash to buy up more and missed out on a lot.
    A few years later I ended up giving away the boards I had with a cab I sold anyway.

If you can't do anything with the Rainbow islands and are interested in passing it on(obviously not for free:D) shoot us a PM, been looking for one of them and an NZ story for years now

Leave it with me and I'll see what the story is :)

There was an SCI cab for sale on ebay a few days ago for £150 buy it now. Same seller had a mint looking crazy taxi naomi cab for £400 as well. Was very tempted.

On the topic of game PCBs, in the mid 00's I called to a few operators in Dublin city centre and bought up a few boards for €10-20 a pop.
    I was just out of school at the time and hadn't much cash to buy up more and missed out on a lot.
    A few years later I ended up giving away the boards I had with a cab I sold anyway.

150 quid, very nice!

And same story with me, was a broke student back then, the stuff that went under my nose, bah :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Inviere

I was making posts showing the stuff that Ive found, I thought it was kinda cool. But now its probably looking more like "showing off". So I'll knock it on the head.

I was only thinking recently it's great to see so much arcade posting going on, a lot of it down to yourself in terms of reinvigorating discussion here. I highly doubt anyone here thinks you're showing off, honestly. Be a shame for you to stop now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,612 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks, but my intention isn't to invoke jealousy either. Just want to show the stuff and that it still exists, but Ive probably done it a bit too much so I'll lay off the multiple postings :)

No way, keep it up! Sure that's why we all come to this forum :)

It's especially interesting given you're finding all of this in Ireland. Most of my gear has come from abroad.

Too many to reply to, but I get the message :) That's cool, its neat to see irish stuff being fired up again. And the way I see it, they are kinda irish, seeing as the games bled us all dry for so long :P

I had a better look at that hero tonma board. Wasn't very confident considering the filth of the board, wasn't sure what I'd find.

But you cant underestimate simplicity! I cleaned the board with some cotton bud-tips (you have to be REALLY careful doing this, as you don't wont to take the dirt off along with a trace!) Reseated some chips, reseated some ribbon cables. I then found a black blob of gooey stuff around the legs of a chip, probably coca cola from someone sweating to get the "continue" coin in :P

So, without knowing exactly what the problem was, I fired her up again, and...

DSC-1122.jpg

bobs your uncle!

If you think it might help, you could set up a dedicated thread to your PCB collection, ever increasing, or make it a more general "Get Yer PCBs Out!" kinda thread for all to display their Jamma and other arcade boards.
    I know we have an arcade thread already, but both beejee and BGollie post plenty of Jamma goodness as well, just an idea.

Edit: or that thread that was already there...
    Ciderman, such an eejit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you think it might help, you could set up a dedicated thread to your PCB collection, ever increasing, or make it a more general "Get Yer PCBs Out!" kinda thread for all to display their Jamma and other arcade boards.
    I know we have an arcade thread already, but both beejee and BGollie post plenty of Jamma goodness as well, just an idea.

Edit: or that thread that was already there...
    Ciderman, such an eejit

Yeah it probably makes more sense to post stuff in the other threads for me, gonna work on an image fight later, see if I get lucky.

So, after a swift exchange with Kerbdog, I now own a PC-FX....
    Yay... I think....
    Four CDrs later and I own everything the console has to offer a man who can't read Japanese and prefers to play his games while dressed and with both hands.

Four CDrs later and I own everything the console has to offer a man who can't read Japanese and prefers to play his games while dressed and with both hands.

That console is wasted on you :)

• Advertisement

That console is wasted on you :)

I fear you might be right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a few bits from mozie today. thanks dude. was very cool to see your setup too. quite impressive

56990153_10157175368928276_4131699409937235968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=40f04983224f292291753733ba702b18&oe=5D490D4B

Not Retro but can be used for Retro,
    this masheen came yesterday:

8Ln41u8.jpg

The plan is to put Steve X2 out of business. :pac:

Just kidding, this 150 machine wouldn't hold a candle to all his printers but so far its printing great!

Just more fiddly than anything to put together.

I think I may have overestimated the smell and toxicity of these things though...

LvpB2hD.jpg

Suprisingly the PLA and PETG I'm using so far is pretty odorless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Inviere

So, after a swift exchange with Kerbdog, I now own a PC-FX....
    Yay... I think....

Contender for post of the year 2019 anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

First purchase in a while :)

v27PUDu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice one, tons of VGM vinyls coming out the last few years. The only problem is keeping up with all the different companies and the releases....
    .... oh and all the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

i was like "LENT HILL ??? Is it near Easter? "

eddhorse wrote: »
    i was like "LENT HILL ??? Is it near Easter? "

oLJfbWFl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Finally got into this Puzzle Bobble lark, love it, great soundtrack!

ZpQrCQl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement