Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

sugarman wrote: »
    Sorry I meant I've a Bluetooth 8bitdo on the way!

...although I am very interested in a Mister FPGA having done some research in it last night. Looks straight forward to throw together.

I've a bunch of blank pcbs going spare after building mine, if you need some. (IO, RTC, RAM etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭accensi0n

New NES game. Ufouria: The Saga

First boxed game I've bought in a while. Have had it on my list for a while. Looks a great, fun game.

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

accensi0n wrote: »
    New NES game. Ufouria: The Saga

First boxed game I've bought in a while. Have had it on my list for a while. Looks a great, fun game.

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg
    The characters changed in future did they? I used to play Hebereke No Popoon that's sunsoft too
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebereke%27s_Popoon

Or is it a different series?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The characters changed in future did they? I used to play Hebereke No Popoon that's sunsoft too
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebereke%27s_Popoon

Or is it a different series?

Following the link in the page there, seems it's a series of different games linked by the same characters, and in Japan it's known as the Hebereke series.
    Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

These 2 came yesterday.

479998.jpg

Its very tempting to buy a lot of the other soundtracks now is the only thing! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Picked up these 3 today for a bargain price, both the Sega Rallys power up and monitor works but no game on screen so need to take a look. Didnt have time to look at the other cab, needs a lot of work but i dont mind ive been looking for a cab for a Bubble Bobble. Its fully wired with a PCB in it that im told is 1943, I had to head off again for the night so didnt have a chance to check anything, ill have a better look when im back on Sunday!

sega1.jpg

sega2.jpg

sega3.jpg

cab2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

Nice little pick up.
    Atari badlands.
    All original.
    Very good picture in great working order.
    Needs some work, t moulding, a little bit of cabinet work.
    I'm very happy with my purchase.

anto002 wrote: »
    Nice little pick up.
    Atari badlands.
    All original.

Funny,
    Looks just like the one you had on adverts last year

https://touch.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/atari-badlands-arcade-machine/13043459

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice little pick up.
    Atari badlands.
    All original.

Pick up any nice Naomi's recently? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Funny,

Maybe he sold it and bought it back

• Advertisement

Funny,

Can I not use old pictures no?
    Still looks the same.

Pick up any nice Naomi's recently? :D

No , their just to expensive.
    It's hard to get a good bargain unless you're part of the elite few 😅

No , their just to expensive.
    It's hard to get a good bargain unless you're part of the elite few ��

They're ;)

Here's some machines that might interest some of you guys.
    Their rare and cheap.
    It would be unfair if these were flipped 😅😅😅

You realise aswell none of us can see the emojis your typing in on your phone for your posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Picked up these 3 today for a bargain price, both the Sega Rallys power up and monitor works but no game on screen so need to take a look. Didnt have time to look at the other cab, needs a lot of work but i dont mind ive been looking for a cab for a Bubble Bobble. Its fully wired with a PCB in it that im told is 1943, I had to head off again for the night so didnt have a chance to check anything, ill have a better look when im back on Sunday!

sega1.jpg

sega2.jpg

sega3.jpg

cab2.jpg

very nice man. that cab will convert nicely to Bubble Bobble. looking forward to the result.
    Those sega rally are cool too. I like Sega Rally but these are perfect too for Outrun or a Chase HQ conversion :)
    Will have to look for one at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It's finally here :)

wrG12fy.jpg

BGOllie wrote: »
    very nice man. that cab will convert nicely to Bubble Bobble. looking forward to the result.
    Those sega rally are cool too. I like Sega Rally but these are perfect too for Outrun or a Chase HQ conversion :)
    Will have to look for one at some point

Yeh I was thinking that myself. Cab is a bit different I think. Marquee is smaller etc. would be cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeh I was thinking that myself. Cab is a bit different I think. Marquee is smaller etc. would be cool though.

Can't believe I missed your pickup on the previous page, that's some haul.

Would be really great to get those two Sega Rally cabs working together. You see a lot of twin sit downs but not so much uprights.

Cheers happy with them. Gives me something to do for the next while. Not sure what to do with them now. Would love an Outrun! I’ll have to think about that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Olly aka Muddymusic will make some Bubble Bobble artwork in a jiffy.

Yeh ill be keeping this one so going to do it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭geotrig

nice gets.... I have a Sega rally boardset that I picked up a few years ago for a cab that fell through :sad: Supposedly working but doesn't have the filter board.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Olly aka Muddymusic will make some Bubble Bobble artwork in a jiffy.

Dont know about a jiffy,
    I was waiting 6 weeks for art :confused:
    worth the wait to be fair.

Thanks to CosmicSmash for the bargain alert :) I thought I was out of luck with AutoBleem as I needed a USB 2.0 or a powered USB hub for USB 3.0 but I managed to find an 8GB one laying around.

Ui8ZIDD.jpg

cLTO7Zd.jpg

Running 60hz?

Running 60hz?

I'm actually not sure... I have NTSC roms but some run a bit choppy. I have the high res setting on but haven't changed anything else. The clock speed is 57 but I believe people are saying 70 for some games.

I don't see any other options to change though. I'm surprised at how had the Classic looks out of the box, why it's not upscaled boggles the mind as it's a blurry mess.

It's a bit confusing as most threads I've read refer to older versions of AutoBleem. The mipmaps option is gone and I presume that's how the high res option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

If you can't do anything with the Rainbow islands and are interested in passing it on(obviously not for free:D) shoot us a PM, been looking for one of them and an NZ story for years now

About that rainbow islands boot, I got it working a little better. All colour is restored. Plays fine and sounds fine. Only one issue remaining, the character sprites have lines going through them. See in the pic below.

rainbowislands.jpg

rainbowislands2.jpg

so if youre still interested in giving it a shot to get back to 100%, its all yours. 25 quid posted sound okay?

Or if you pass its open to whoever :)

Wow what a deal. Snap that up! If not I will !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Wow what a deal. Snap that up! If not I will !

I didn't want to put it in the for sale section because cathal had specifically asked about it beforehand. Just pm'd him.

If hes not interested you can be next in line if you like. Its a fair price, but its still a bootleg that isn't 100%, so its not bargain of the century either :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement