Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Kunkka wrote: »
    Put it this way. If Bran can alter events why wouldn't he save his family and in turn himself?
    I don't know whether I'd go that far: he saw the past, but the implication is that he was whispering to Theon in real time, acting as a conscience of sorts. Which led to Theon breaking out of Winterfell with Jeyne Poole (the fake Arya) and finding his way to Stannis' army and Asha. (Which may have been a case of "out of the frying pan, in to the freezer" - TBD.)

I know this thread is about Season 5, but considering all the storylines that need to be handled, we're probably talking about Season 6 too. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

bnt wrote: »
    I know this thread is about Season 5, but considering all the storylines that need to be handled, we're probably talking about Season 6 too. :o

I'd say Theon & the escape from Winterfell could be season 5. What else are they going to do with him...a whole season of the murders of Boltons men, very possible I suppose, they have spent 2 seasons torturing Theon now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I'd say Theon & the escape from Winterfell could be season 5. What else are they going to do with him...a whole season of the murders of Boltons men, very possible I suppose, they have spent 2 seasons torturing Theon now.

Could be at the end but they'd really need assurances from George Martin beforehand I imagine. They won't be able to stretch more than one season about the Boltons and Theon holed up in Winterfell. They're already there.

I've read reports that they've been filming
    Dany in a Dothraki camp
    so it stands to reason that they'll have caught up with the Winterfell plot too by the end of season five. I kinda hope not though, the more seasons they can stretch out, the better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Ger Whelan

No Hodor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So supposedly Tywin will be back, presumably in some sort of flashback or perhaps haunting Tyrion. The idea of Charles Dance running a scathing commentary throughout Tyrion's adventures in Essos does tickle me slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'd imagine he'll be needed for filming his lying in state scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

FunLover18 wrote: »
    So supposedly Tywin will be back, presumably in some sort of flashback or perhaps haunting Tyrion. The idea of Charles Dance running a scathing commentary throughout Tyrion's adventures in Essos does tickle me slightly

Yeah they could take advantage of when Tyrion is pissed drunk on the boat he could have Delirium Tremens with Tywin there. That'd be pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd imagine he'll be needed for filming his lying in state scenes.

Did they actually have an actor play Jon Arran?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

duploelabs wrote: »
    Did they actually have an actor play Jon Arran?

Yup. Ep. 1 where Jaime and Cersei are standing nearby cringingly explaining to the audience they have something to hide and are brother and sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yep and Jack Gleesons last day of filming was in the Sept during THAT scene!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Game of Thrones' upcoming fifth season will feature the HBO show's first ever flashback sequence.

The show has avoided using flashback sequences in its four previous seasons, but the first scene of the next season's opening episode will offer a glimpse of the past.

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss confirmed the plans during a recent Q&A with film students in Spain.

According to a translation, the pair said: "By making the first season, we set a rule - no prophecies, dreams or flashbacks. We failed the first two and this season the third. So yes, this season will finally have flashbacks."

The cast and crew of HBO's fantasy drama are filming scenes for the fifth season in Seville and Osuna, as well locations in Northern Ireland and Croatia.

It has also been announced that Thor: The Dark World actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will star in the upcoming season as an original character called Malko.

Game of Thrones will return to HBO and Sky Atlantic in 2015.

Source.

Presumably the flash back(s) will feature our dear departed Lord Tywin.

Im also guessing that Adewale will be involved in Dany's arc.

I think he is a fantastic actor though whenever I see him I cant help put picture him as Adebisi up to some shenanigans in Oz.

"Gimme some tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits!!!!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Im also guessing that Adewale will be involved in Dany's arc.

I think he is a fantastic actor though whenever I see him I cant help put picture him as Adebisi up to some shenanigans in Oz.

Mr. Eko!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Regarding the flashbacks. Maybe (hopefully) we'll get some tower of joy action seen from Bran's perspective. Considering how important Jon's story will be this season maybe they can hint at R+L=J (which, let's face it, is fact).

Actually adding flashbacks means D&D can add pretty much any story from the books without a) confusing viewers or b) pissing off readers.

The possibilities are pretty far reaching. (Still hoping for LS and her campaign of vengeance in the Riverlands)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Any chance we can get the original Daario Naharis back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I saw a video of the filming in Spain.... I can't remember Jaime in Dorne...? :confused:

Jaime would appear to be taking the place of Ser Balon Swann as the party that head to Dorne with "Ser Gregors" skull. Probably to keep viewers interested and invested in this new but important Kingdom in the show.

This does however mean that this may change the events in the Riverlands in which Jaime lifts the siege on Riverrun and defusing any other conflicts remaining after the War of the Five kings. These chapters were my favourite in Feast but I am hoping that Jaime will do a littlefinger on it and appear in the opposite end of the Kingdom after a 2 episode gap or somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'll be very disappointed if Jaime doesn't lift the siege on Riverrun. It was a pivotal point in his redemption arc imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will put these in spoilers just in case but on the timeline of Jamie in Dorne
    Over on Reddit they have figured out that he is still there in the later episodes so anything about the Riverlands would be unlikely this season if they are right.

Also on Arya's preview chapter from TWOW
    they seem convinced that the 'Mercy' scene was filmed. I assume this would fill in for her killing the member of the NW and having an identity?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will put these in spoilers just in case but on the timeline of Jamie in Dorne
    Over on Reddit they have figured out that he is still there in the later episodes so anything about the Riverlands would be unlikely this season if they are right.

Also on Arya's preview chapter from TWOW
    they seem convinced that the 'Mercy' scene was filmed. I assume this would fill in for her killing the member of the NW and having an identity?

On that second point I can say with some certainty it's true, the pictures were all over winter is coming and watchers on the wall. And people were worried next season would be a slow one...

MAJOR DEVIATIONS FROM THE BOOK AHOY!!! BEWARE SPOILERS!!
    So much for dragging out Tyrion's journey through Essos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FunLover18 wrote: »
    MAJOR DEVIATIONS FROM THE BOOK AHOY!!! BEWARE SPOILERS!!
    So much for dragging out Tyrion's journey through Essos

I don't know how to feel about that but what I do know is that if by some sheer miracle I would really appreciate the next book being released before next season. Stating the obvious and preaching to the choir there I know :pac:

Although I guess they may have given a good stab at solving
    the Meereenese Knot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Based on that, could
    Aegon
    be cut completely?

Not sure how to feel about this, but maybe T is part of Hizzdars entourage! and Hizzdar and Yezzan are being merged.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Based on that, could
    Aegon
    be cut completely?

Not sure how to feel about this, but maybe T is part of Hizzdars entourage! and Hizzdar and Yezzan are being merged.

I think we're looking at the final episode, maybe final scene so there probably is still some room for
    Aegon and Griff
    in the opening episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

And the fact that the two mediums have to be treated as separate stories just rammed itself home in my brain...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The casting must surely be complete by now though. Has there been any more than that list that was mainly for Dorne, the High Sparrow etc over the summer?

If not it seems there's no Arriane, Aegon, Griff but most importantly the supreme badass mastermind of the North...Wyman Manderley :eek:

But I haven't been paying attention for the last few months really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

No Greyjoys, no Aegon, Tyrion/Dany's first encounter spoiled on TV :mad:

I really, really hope we get a 2015 release.

Any sign of Quentyn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Any sign of Quentyn?

Fully expected
    Quentyn
    to be the first one culled when they were trimming the fat off the AFFC/ADWD storylines in fairness.

Apart from
    watching him get toasted
    the story doesn't really offer that much.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Fully expected
    Quentyn
    to be the first one culled when they were trimming the fat off the AFFC/ADWD storylines in fairness.

Apart from
    watching him get toasted

That really annoyed me. His story had so much potential..

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Apart from
    watching him get toasted

All it does offer is in the book context
    is that his death (however much is own fault) breaks whatever alliance could have been forged between Dany and Dorne. And will shift Prince Doran to backing Aegon and Griff assuming he can marry off Arianne.

Although with Quentyn, Aegon and Griff cut it looks like it all will be very different.

I'll still watch it and love every second of it.

Advertisement