Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

FunLover18 wrote: »
    We just didn't see Wyman, is that it? Did Davos link up with Osha or did I imagine that?

You imagined that. Or maybe it was a premonition?? Davos was captured by Manderley as a traitor but that was only because Manderley's court was filled with Freys. Secretly he's still loyal to the Starks though and that's why he sent Davos off to find Rickon.. It's all in that scene in the dungeons where he says "The north remembers", one of my favourite parts of ADWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

GerB40 wrote: »
    You imagined that. Or maybe it was a premonition?? Davos was captured by Manderley as a traitor but that was only because Manderley's court was filled with Freys. Secretly he's still loyal to the Starks though and that's why he sent Davos off to find Rickon.. It's all in that scene in the dungeons where he says "The north remembers", one of my favourite parts of ADWD.

Wait are you talking about the books or the show? I'm talking about the show. I still think I might be imagining it but I just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Wait are you talking about the books or the show? I'm talking about the show. I still think I might be imagining it but I just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

I'm talking about the books. Davos is still at the wall in the show. Did you read the books? Coz this is a book readers thread so you can't sue me if I spoiled anything for ya, rules is rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Are they actually leaving out aegon? It looks like it'll all be on dany by the trailer.

Are they actually leaving out aegon? It looks like it'll all be on dany by the trailer.

It looks like they're leaving him out. Which is a shame but I completely understand why they would. His whole back story would need to be explained as well as making him a believable, likeable character. And considering how much King's Landing, The Wall and Dorne storylines will be, Aegon would be too much. Ten episodes isn't enough...

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote:
    I'm talking about the books. Davos is still at the wall in the show. Did you read the books? Coz this is a book readers thread so you can't sue me if I spoiled anything for ya, rules is rules...

no I've read the books. Talkong about the show I remember Davos at the wall now but I could've sworn he was sent after Rickon ... maybe it was someone else ... I think a rewatch is in order

no I've read the books. Talkong about the show I remember Davos at the wall now but I could've sworn he was sent after Rickon ... maybe it was someone else ... I think a rewatch is in order

Thank fúck I didn't spoil anything so!! Yeah a rewatch is really handy, especially if you've read the books because sometimes it's easy to get the two mixed up. And now that the show is kinda going it's own way with some storylines it's even more important to differentiate between book and show..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

GerB40 wrote: »
    It looks like they're leaving him out. Which is a shame but I completely understand why they would. His whole back story would need to be explained as well as making him a believable, likeable character. And considering how much King's Landing, The Wall and Dorne storylines will be, Aegon would be too much. Ten episodes isn't enough...

Can't believe they are leaving Aegon out, I found the books a bit of a chore to be honest, however, I thought the revelation regarding Aegon was the one true jaw dropping moment in the books (after where they are in the series). Thought it would have been an essential part of the show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭letowski

Can't believe they are leaving Aegon out, I found the books a bit of a chore to be honest, however, I thought the revelation regarding Aegon was the one true jaw dropping moment in the books (after where they are in the series). Thought it would have been an essential part of the show :(

Could be an indirect spoiler for TWOW if he doesn't appear in the show, it's hard to believe he will have a huge impact role in book 6.

I like his story too as well and I hope he is in the TV series. He has the potential to be an intriguing plot especially as his true persona is uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

letowski wrote: »
    Could be an indirect spoiler for TWOW if he doesn't appear in the show, it's hard to believe he will have a huge impact role in book 6.

I like his story too as well and I hope he is in the TV series. He has the potential to be an intriguing plot especially as his true persona is uncertain.

He could still be relevant in the books. They might just transfer some of his key points onto different characters to simplify it in the show, for clarity's sake. Way too much backstory and plots involved to introduce Aegon in a coherent way, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just watched the trailer for the new season there and i don't know if i'm disappointed or excited.
    Few things to note from the trailer

Varys seems to be replacing Illyrio Mopatis which i expected to be honest.
    Bronn fighting what seemed to be a Dornish Rider. Maybe Bronn is somehow replacing Ser Arys Oakheart's character?
    Jon Snow fighting Wildlings in the snow?
    Jorah fighting in what seems to be the Mereen fighting pits.
    No Ironborn
    No Lady Stoneheart

Unless the Ironborn will be in season 6 i can't see how they will be cut from the show unless this season is going to be a huge departure from the books. Also have a feeling we won't see Volantis in the show. Shame since it's one of the more intriguing cities in the book and i would like to see it come to life in the show.

-Edit-
    Also read on a facebook post that GRRM said The Winds of Winter wont be released in 2015...........aaaaaaarrrrrghh

Official version is up on facebook

There's a lot going on there but the main thing is at 1:36 we're going to be getting for Assaih/Greyworm romance. Thank the gods, I was really worried they were going to abandon that plotline for more important and relevant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Including Trystane but booting Arianne and Quentyn seems a bit puzzling but I saw someone mention on Reddit that that could be one explanation where Aegon has gone.

He might just be a small side character used to flesh out Myrcella, but that seems a bit pointless.

It'd be a sensible way to include Aegon without having to bloat Tyrion's journey, create lots of extra characters like Jon Connington and the Golden Company and go some way to justify having Jamie in Dorne.

At 1:39, was that Asha/Yara?

I can't post a link on my phone but Lady Stoneheart has been confirmed. Michelle Fairley is on the cast list as "hooded lady".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rawn wrote: »
    I can't post a link on my phone but Lady Stoneheart has been confirmed. Michelle Fairley is on the cast list as "hooded lady".

This will make up for included the Grey Worm love story crap.

Aegon being cut is bad, well for us book readers, as it may signal he is of no real importance.

GRRM spent so much time on the Greyjoys in the last 2 books, now I am not a big fan of the Greyjoys if I am being honest, but they look set to play a big role in the Meereenese Knot and possibly in other parts of TWOW. Cutting them from the show but including nearly all of the sand snakes seems mad.

I haven't seen her confirmed anywhere.

She's popped up as being cast as a "hooded lady" on IMDB but anyone can edit those.

It's possible, but it could very easily just be someone making **** up.

It says she'll appear in episode ten of season five on IMDB. Now I'm crazy about Lady Stoneheart and her exclusion from season four REALLY pissed me off but I think adding her now wouldn't make much sense. That ship has sailed IMO but still, seeing her would be unreal. It should also be noted that IMDB can be edited by users so I wouldn't trust it completely as a source...

But still, fúck it, I'll be over the moon to see her. It would at least put to bed the rumours that she was left out because the character does nothing important in TWOW & ADOS.

I actually didn't realise imdb was user edited, my apologies! I saw a few links on GoT pages on Facebook about it. Interestingly (and more likely) is this theory

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/19902/20150202/game-of-thrones-season-five-spoilers-lady-stoneheart-to-appear-in-spirt-in-new-season.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This will make up for included the Grey Worm love story crap.

IS Grey Worm not dead or dying in that shot? Looks like a bandage around his midsection?

• Advertisement

IS Grey Worm not dead or dying in that shot? Looks like a bandage around his midsection?

As soon as they started pushing this romance angle my assumption was that it was to fill the role of Missandei's Unsullied brother who was murdered by the Sons of the Harpy.

Dance went a ways to humanising them a bit and I'd say it'll be the same in this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

If fans are on the ball in regards to Salsa being the one that massacres Freys and Boltons then I think it's fair to say categorically that LS is cut.

The only loose end is Brienne and Pod but I suppose they can serve as the culmination to Sansa's vicious turn.

It's sad that LS won't be appearing but if Sansa's her replacement then I can't deny that I'm intrigued. Turner is brilliant on the show, handling Sansa's development effortlessly. I'd really like to see it continue and having her become the nightmare of the Freys and Boltons is almost too perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, just jumping in here...but if you look at the episdodes @IMDB you can see what actor comes in where ...guess whos back of the death in Season 5 :)

EDIT Just saw the post at the pages beginning haha, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I'm expecting Cersei's walk of shame/Drogon causing havoc in the Pit and Dany's flight with him/Jon Snow getting stabbed by the Nights Watch.

I don't expect Lady Stoneheart...I think Sansa will play the role of the b!tch out for revenge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't see Sansa just becoming Arya mk2, don't think it's in her nature and Littlefinger is no Hound, he's too cute to go putting them in harm's way.

Lots of theories abound about who will be introduced/ who will be cut but I reckon apart from the obvious ones (Varys replacing Mopatis / Tyrion reaching Dany quicker) we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Will we be getting a well cast Daario?

*Edit No we won't... Maybe they'll at least dye his hair

Will we be getting a well cast Daario?

*Edit No we won't... Maybe they'll at least dye his hair

I loved the first Daario, cos he seemed like a right cocky lil príck. The new guy is so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I loved the first Daario, cos he seemed like a right cocky lil príck. The new guy is so boring.

I'm just finished rewatching season 3. He's cocky and smug enough, some blue or yellow hair with a nice beard would make him perfect, but he looks like an incredibly masculine woman normally.

The new one reminds me of Aragorn from LOTR in looks. I don't like him at all, boring as you say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Whatever they decide to do I sincerely hope they don't drag it out for the sake of keeping the show on television for as long as possible.

I'd much prefer quality over quantity so please condense it all down and weed out the filler drivel such as Greyworm's love interest...honestly, not one person gives a flying ****. Not one.

Advertisement