Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ciano316 wrote: »
    Got mine today.. Nice little camera.. Anybody else find it's a bit too bright when recording video and if so has anyone changed any of the settings to make it better?

Under settings there's an exposure option. Take it down a tad perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What about mute and volume?
    I can't seem to find these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Does the Wi-Fi allow you to upload to dropbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

Threw this together the other day. Few clips from my holiday using the cam. Please forgive the shakiness and poor editing! It's my first go at it. Might give lads another idea of quality. I'm so so happy with the quality for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

must get one of these..! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

pedatron wrote: »
    Threw this together the other day. Few clips from my holiday using the cam. Please forgive the shakiness and poor editing! It's my first go at it. Might give lads another idea of quality. I'm so so happy with the quality for that price!

Great bit of footage, the quality looks good even at YouTube's terribly compressed quality.

Definitely a great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

pedatron wrote: »

Great quality, well on par with my old go pro 960 that i sold. considering picking up one of these, did you buy from ali express? have you a link to the seller please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Can it upload to deopbox via Wi-Fi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A lot of info here, and any questions, you can ask them using the link at the bottom. - http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/08/06/about-the-sj4000-action-camera-original-and-copy-version/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Great quality, well on par with my old go pro 960 that i sold. considering picking up one of these, did you buy from ali express? have you a link to the seller please?

Apologies scrappy I've been away from the forum for a while. Here's the link from where I bought. Had issues with ali express but got a full refund.

Price appears to vary. Think I paid about €70 delivered. Still well worth it I think.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291156656939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Non wifi version reduced on tmart at the moment.

http://www.tmart.com/SJ4000-1.5-LCD-12.0MP-CMOS-4X-Digital-Zoom-FHD-1080P-Sport-Camcorder-Silver_p245155.html

BA offers from tmart usually seem fairly reliable so I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Anyone get theirs from tmart or are you all using aliexpress/ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Non wifi version reduced on tmart

BA offers from tmart usually seem fairly reliable so I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Anyone get theirs from tmart or are you all using aliexpress/ebay?

Foxpro have an offer on eBay with free spare battery for about same price (ebay dot com/itm/121398981946) -can't post link. You may be better go with them as they make a big deal about fake copies so you're prob more likely to get original from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Furzy wrote: »
    Foxpro have an offer on eBay with free spare battery for about same price (ebay dot com/itm/121398981946) -can't post link. You may be better go with them as they make a big deal about fake copies so you're prob more likely to get original from them.

Cheers for that, it's actually cheaper at €67.75 on Paypal

I assume this comes with all the bike mounts?

Furzy wrote: »

That's a better deal yeah, and certainly looks legit.

Bullet bitten.

EDIT: Strangely enough came through as €71.75 on paypal for me. Sure what's an extra quid or two when you get an AV cable and a spare battery thrown in?

hmm not sure a spare battery is included, I think it's just the one battery which they call "extra battery" as there aren't any other batteries listed in the box :/

"get free 1 pc extra battery and 1 pc AV out Cable"

The one going for $95 seems to have 2 batteries and a charger:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-HD-1080P-SJ4000-Waterproof-Action-Camera-Extra-battery-and-Charger-/121391510004?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c437f71f4

"get 2 pcs extra battery, 1 pcs battery charger and 1 pcs AV out cable for FPV"

Probably gonna go for that

mrcheez wrote: »
    hmm not sure a spare battery is included, I think it's just the one battery which they call "extra battery" as there aren't any other batteries listed in the box :/

"get free 1 pc extra battery and 1 pc AV out Cable"

The one going for $95 seems to have 2 batteries and a charger:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-HD-1080P-SJ4000-Waterproof-Action-Camera-Extra-battery-and-Charger-/121391510004?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c437f71f4

"get 2 pcs extra battery, 1 pcs battery charger and 1 pcs AV out cable for FPV"

Probably gonna go for that

Ah balls, you win some you lose some.

Sure we'll see what arrives...

Ah balls, you win some you lose some.

Sure we'll see what arrives...

Contact them and they might upgrade it (if you pay the difference)

Effort of that...

Strangely enough came through as €71.75 on paypal for me.

Weird, the $95.99 came out as 72.27. Paypal have some f0xed up conversion rate issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Actually ended up doing that last night and they just got me to pay difference, cheers for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://www.adverts.ie/airsoft-accessories/new-12mp-full-hd-1080p-bicycle-helmet-pro-sports-dv-action-waterproof-car-camera-sj4000/5863066

a shop on adverts has some sj4000 for 99e is do they look like the fakes of the fakes?

the same dublin based seller has an ad on donedeal for more and 2 different priced sj4000s but i cant see any difference on spec?
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/1080p-pro-full-hd-helmet-sport-action-go/7105220
    99euro and then 150e for this "streamworld" version..

http://www.donedeal.ie/cameras-for-sale/streamworld-action-hd-camera-sj4000/7270787

im new to all these and a bit of a techophobe:eek: the last videocamera i had took tapes:D

im looking for this to use as a dashcam mainly:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Imo this is not the right device for a dashcam. Get a dedicated dashcam for that, of which there are plenty of better (and cheaper) options. This looks too much like a GoPro, and would attract the wrong attention when parked imo. And doesn't have all the functions that the dedicated cams will have. (Record on power on, gps, shock detection etc etc.)

Also, only way to know is to ask what firmware the device is running, this will tell you whether it's a real SJ4000 or a fake one, and it's something you'd have to check yourself when you buy.

My fake SJ4000 still works, and the video quality is still good, however the battery life has taken a plummet. It used to record 1 hour of 1080p, but now it's lucky to make it 40 minutes. And I have two batteries to test this on, both of which are the same. I use this on my bike, so 720p is acceptable, but it's not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

thanks alan its not really what im after so. i might just keep an eye on the dash-cam thread on the motors forum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭tritium

Had ordered one of these of an Amazon seller before I read this thread about fakes. Glad I did read it now, had to cancel and order from a more legit sounding seller- not really worth taking a chance for the sake of £10. Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Go to this website:

metropolitanmonkey.com/sj4000/kaufen/ - google search this

Click 'Zur SJ4000 auf banggood.com'

Enter code BGDEAL for €7.94 discount, SJ4000 delivered from Netherlands for €3.05, no customs, total to pay: €68.91.

Are banggood the authentic or fake ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Did I not read that someone got a fake one comin from NL already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Seem authentic, seller has sold 6697, has a 5 star rating of the camera based on 104 reviews, looks genuine to me.

Advertisement