Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

I was informed they got a updated SJ4000 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

ptyloch wrote: »
    Go to this website:

metropolitanmonkey.com/sj4000/kaufen/ - google search this

Click 'Zur SJ4000 auf banggood.com'

Enter code BGDEAL for €7.94 discount, SJ4000 delivered from Netherlands for €3.05, no customs, total to pay: €68.91.

Looks like is just someone drop shipping from banggood.
    (Even using same discount code).
    You can buy direct and also use the same Dutch post model.
    I believe they sell the real and the fake model but both are clearly labeled in the description.
    The fake is slightly cheaper. I paid around EUR65 inc postage for the real one. Delivery 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Ordered this on August 30 and got delivered yesterday. Came via Netherlands.

http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

Total cost was 67e including the extra few euro for the Netherlands post.

It's also the 'real' version. I have the fake one as well and this seems way better made. Still have to test the video quality and battery life though. I accidentally ordered it in pink as well.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

^^

Same Link as Above - http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

The "Real" version from €62.51 Delivered using 5% Off code - aba54f

And for the Wi-Fi Version - http://www.banggood.com/SJcam-SJ4000-WiFi-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-Waterproof-p-939976.html

Use Code MONKEY for the best Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Best yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Any one got problem with Code MONKEY? seems it doesn't work here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone know where I can get accessories incl. the telescopic pole and chest strap thingy?

Heading to Rio Vegas and Mexico in next few months and am going to take the plunge on this one http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Water...-p-917037.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

bought this camera on ebay recently and there were chestmounts
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/super_cheap_city this is the shop

Haven't received anything from them yet (its due tomorrow) so I'll let you know

as for a pole I was going to use a hiking pole and the handlebar attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kingstevii wrote: »
    Best yet!!

hmm "best yet" is the one for €72 with 2 batteries and separate charger ... assuming no duty will have to be paid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Ordered this on August 30 and got delivered yesterday. Came via Netherlands.

http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

Total cost was 67e including the extra few euro for the Netherlands post.

It's also the 'real' version. I have the fake one as well and this seems way better made. Still have to test the video quality and battery life though. I accidentally ordered it in pink as well.:eek:

Does it come with a battery? Is it advisable to order spare batteries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ibetit wrote: »
    Any one got problem with Code MONKEY? seems it doesn't work here:(

It's still working for me. It's from MetropolitanMonkey (Translate button on bottom right of site). It only knocks off €1.98 at the moment though, bringing the Grand Total to €79.29.
    If somewhere else reduces their price, that should drop lower.

MikeOis wrote: »
    Does it come with a battery? Is it advisable to order spare batteries?

I saw the review of this on techmoan and he said it lasted over 2 hrs I bought 2 spares as what I am trying to shoot will take about 6hrs hope fully this in enough.

I noticed on the review on techmoan he mentioned you need to update the time/date esch time if you swap out the battery.

Right, just bought the following on banggood with 5% discount:
    1 x SJ4000 Waterproof HD 1.5 Inch Car DVR Camera Sport DV Novatek 1080P (SKU120425) €66.01 Color Silver
    1 x 95Cm Extendable Handheld Monopod Pole For Gopro Hero 3/2/1 (SKU126469) €9.36 Color Black
    1 x 3.7V 900mAh Li-ion Battery for Car Sports Camera DVR DV SJ4000 (SKU123355) €4.76

I'll be in Brazil, Mexico and Vegas in the next few months so I can't think of better locations to test it out!

Cheers to all for suggestions/advice. I'll post with review and video where possible.

My order from Foxoffer (via ebay) arrived from Singapore after 7 days (at least it says "Arrived at overseas") ... damn that was fast, they estimated delivery to be 3-4 weeks.

mrcheez wrote: »
    My order from Foxoffer (via ebay) arrived from Singapore after 7 days (at least it says "Arrived at overseas") ... damn that was fast, they estimated delivery to be 3-4 weeks.

Damnit. I just cancelled my original order with them due to fears over delivery time. They were awful nice about cancelling, but couldn't guarantee delivery before 10th Oct.

Ah well

connundrum wrote: »
    Damnit. I just cancelled my original order with them due to fears over delivery time. They were awful nice about cancelling, but couldn't guarantee delivery before 10th Oct.

Ah well

Ah I wouldn't worry, I think your approach might avoid customs, whereas I'm still waiting to find out ;)

I noticed on the review on techmoan he mentioned you need to update the time/date esch time if you swap out the battery.

yerra I'll get over that not looking to do any time on screen any way or if I am I think it seems to be easy enough. I am hoping to do a time delay of a walking trail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Allyall wrote: »
    ^^

Same Link as Above - http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

And for the Wi-Fi Version - http://www.banggood.com/SJcam-SJ4000-WiFi-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-Waterproof-p-939976.html

Use Code MONKEY for the best Price.

The aba54f code seems to work for the WIFI version for me!

Off topic here, but I'm close on ordering this also, however it seems to be a minefield as to if its a fake or real one. 40 reviews and all 5stars, I wouldn't believe that, however I gather banggood are quite decent at refunds for fakes. Should I just fire ahead and order it now?

I'd be worried the Wifi one would drain the battery faster. What do you need the wifi for?

• Advertisement

I'd be worried the Wifi one would drain the battery faster. What do you need the wifi for?

I think you get a bracelet like a watch to start and stop the camera you can also do it through an app I think

Timmaay wrote: »
    The aba54f code seems to work for the WIFI version for me!

Off topic here, but I'm close on ordering this also, however it seems to be a minefield as to if its a fake or real one. 40 reviews and all 5stars, I wouldn't believe that, however I gather banggood are quite decent at refunds for fakes. Should I just fire ahead and order it now?

I ordered that Xiaomi power bank when it launched and the one I received is legit.
    Banggood tend to use original in description properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah, I'd say too much of a drain for my liking.
    Recording in HD, I'd want as much juice as possible.

sheesh wrote: »
    I think you get a bracelet like a watch to start and stop the camera you can also do it through an app I think

Yep seems to have an app alright according to Foxoffer's ebay entry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SJCAM-SJ4000-WiFi-1080P-Action-Camera-Sport-DVR-Three-Extra-Gifts-/111467485630?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item19f3fad9be

No mention of a bracelet though.

I'd be curious if the Wifi can work without a router. i.e. just control the camera from your phone as you would with Bluetooth. I think it needs an ad hoc network which may/may not be supported, so you might be grounded to using the wifi only in places with a wifi signal.

I could be wrong though.

Yep seems to have an app alright according to Foxoffer's ebay entry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SJCAM-SJ4000-WiFi-1080P-Action-Camera-Sport-DVR-Three-Extra-Gifts-/111467485630?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item19f3fad9be

No mention of a bracelet though.

I'd be curious if the Wifi can work without a router. i.e. just control the camera from your phone as you would with Bluetooth. I think it needs an ad hoc network which may/may not be supported, so you might be grounded to using the wifi only in places with a wifi signal.

I could be wrong though.

If you check the threads on rcgroups.com (linked earlier here) I'd be surprised if there wasn't tonnes of info to wade through on how the WiFi works. My understanding was that all you need is the WiFi cam and WiFi phone (no router).

I guess we'll only know once someone here gets theirs. Perhaps they need a mifi box to create the network and assign IP addresses to both devices in order that they can communicate while out on the bike.

On a somewhat related note, anyone recommend the cheapest place to get a class 10 32GB microsd card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My understanding with the wifi is I can basically stream the video over a router also?? I have a specific application for this where I want to be able to record something for an hour or so, but outdoors so I need it to be waterproof. I then want to be able to periodically check the stream from my laptop. If I'm way off the mark with this wifi camera let me know please!

Timmaay wrote: »
    My understanding with the wifi is I can basically stream the video over a router also?? I have a specific application for this where I want to be able to record something for an hour or so, but outdoors so I need it to be waterproof. I then want to be able to periodically check the stream from my laptop. If I'm way off the mark with this wifi camera let me know please!

I'd say that's probably what the wifi is primarily for: streaming recorded video, or transferring the files to a device that will play them, basically saving you having to open the case and take out the microSD.

I don't think the wifi is so that you can control the camera from your phone when you are away from a network as that's not how Wifi works. Controlling the camera from a phone would likely be restricted to when both are connected to a network, so you're not going to be activating your camera from your phone while out on the bike, for instance (unless you had a mifi setup).

If the camera had Bluetooth, then this would be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Ordered off banggood.com on the 13th of September with Netherland postage. Got a tracking number but the tracking info is the same since the 16th when the parcel left the Flyt sorting center. No more updates since then.... Should I be getting worried? Was an ye able to track your parcels? An post is not recognizing the tracking number either which to me seems like it's not even in Ireland yet. :-(

• Advertisement

Got the camera today from Foxoffer. It's one of the SJCAM models with the latest OS even though I'd opted for one of the earlier (cheaper) SJ4000s. So I'm assuming it's the genuine article.

Advertisement