Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Looking at firmware updates lads and am failing to any actual benefits to doing it? They appearto take away quality and also features! Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

http://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/

More info here...but it seems to depend on what you use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I ordered from bangood doing as you suggest, yesterday, got shipping confirmation this morning! :D Spare battery and new case for my phone also.

Me too, hopefully it won't be caught in customs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Still haven't received mine.:( Ordered June 23rd and it supposedly shipped July 7th. Might open dispute and order from bangood as people have positive experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Still haven't received mine.:( Ordered June 23rd and it supposedly shipped July 7th. Might open dispute and order from bangood as people have positive experiences with them.

I ordered on the 24th and still have not received mine either.
    The China Post tracking no. says it left China on the 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Hey guys just got mine. How do I open the battery compartment? It seems stuck :(

also, my firmware version is 20140707v01 - is this the "genuine" version?

EDIT number two:Is this the most recent firmware?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29121935&postcount=1521

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got an email this morning saying my payment protection will expire in 2 days and advised opening a dispute (I ordered 24th June)
    So I did!
    2 hours later I get a message from seller saying they were disappointed because my item was in Dublin!
    So I checked and yep, it arrived in Dublin at 9.34am.
    Unbelievable!!!!
    Of course it would show up the minute I opened a dispute!
    Now I feel like a Pr*ck!!!:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

New model now on banggood. Looks similar to old but now includes WiFi.
    B25627 should give an extra 15% off

http://www.banggood.com/WiFi-SJ4000-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-Waterproof-p-938985.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

http://www.banggood.com/WiFi-SJ4000-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-Waterproof-p-938985.html

Looks good but doesn't seem to be any in stock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

So is banggood the best place to buy one from and if so is there import duties when it arrives? Just looking on YouTube and the quality is pretty good.

How do I tell which is a fake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Just for clarity, to the best of my knowledge the WiFi version is actually the 3rd version discussed on this thread.
    So, the original one, the updated one with new firmware and an av signal out(iirc), and now the WiFi one.
    It's probably great, but I'd just do a bit of research before ordering.

I bought from banggood, delivered to netherlands and then to me. took a week, no import tax/duties, seems to be the original (judged by the firmware) - 20140707v01

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What exactly does the WiFi version add?

How does it work?

Just got mine delivered. Its the v1.... Was expecting v2. Don't really need the v WiFi v3 version. Works great. Bang good via no, no taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

blade1 wrote: »
    Got an email this morning saying my payment protection will expire in 2 days and advised opening a dispute (I ordered 24th June)
    So I did!
    2 hours later I get a message from seller saying they were disappointed because my item was in Dublin!
    So I checked and yep, it arrived in Dublin at 9.34am.
    Unbelievable!!!!
    Of course it would show up the minute I opened a dispute!
    Now I feel like a Pr*ck!!!:pac::pac:

Ditto but I haven't received it yet and purchase protection will expire before postal delivery on Monday so not going to cancel the dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

A friend that has GoPro (with no viewfinder/lcd) says he only uses wifi to check the alignment of the camera from his phone when set up, or occasionally to trigger remotely. The battery runs out very fast if left on full time.

In MY OPINION, you dont really need the wifi. As clancger says, its for camera alignment (already have the screen at the back for this) and remote trigger (its a cool feature but not really necessary).

It's also been confirmed to be the same camera as the regular, genuine sj4000 so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Brothers cat is staying with me for a week, Dog got into the same room and chased it, it looks like the camera was catapulted against the wall, and it won't turn on..
    I'm not having luck with action cameras this year. Thankfully neither was a GoPro..

I'm going to see if I can fix it, but I think it's fecked. Maybe good for parts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Allyall wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Brothers cat is staying with me for a week, Dog got into the same room and chased it, it looks like the camera was catapulted against the wall, and it won't turn on..
    I'm not having luck with action cameras this year. Thankfully neither was a GoPro..

I'm going to see if I can fix it, but I think it's fecked. Maybe good for parts.
    Talk about bad luck!

Hope ye can get it working, will be one expensive doorstop otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Talk about bad luck!

Hope ye can get it working, will be one expensive doorstop otherwise!

Looks like the lense was pushed into the board... crying.gif
    There's a serious dent... Not going to be able to repair it. Hopefully i'll be able to find a replacement board for cheap enough, but I seriously doubt that too..

On a side note, there is a shoulder harness/strap mount for sale on Aliexpress that is compatible with the SJ4000, for €6 delivered.

Which grip/strap/clamp do you guys suggest for diving? I have a hand stick but would like to free my hand for diving.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

For those who ordered from banggood how long were you waiting for the email confirming shipment? I ordered the 8th.

I got mine next day. Delivery a week. You should have it by tomorrow as you ordered at weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

So, is banggood the cheapest place to get a definite real version of this camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I finally got around to trying out as DashCam yesterday + today, doing a 50 min return trip yesterday + 40 min return today.

That added up to about 33GB of video, and i was surprised that it was broken into a bunch of 399MB files running at about 3 mins each. Each recording created it's own folder.

The quality is outstanding, I just realised how much I need to wash the windscreen ;-)

One other thing that my mate said about the wifi on his GoPro.. that due to the size of the video files it was a pain to try to transfer them off the camera via wifi.

It's on Aliexpress again for $77.20 or 58e

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1966239493.html

Anybody use them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The only real benefit of the WiFi version (IMHO) is that it allows those who want to attach it to a drone/chopper can do so and use the WiFi app to fly with FPV.

There is a considerable delay though.

• Advertisement

Simon_K wrote: »
    There is a considerable delay though.

To which?

Advertisement