Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Need to pick up something for hols in the coming weeks. Would ideally like one with a screen to view recordings. Suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

I've been looking up action cameras a lot lately. The Xiaomi Yi 2 is going to be available shortly. It is a fair bit more expensive (€200+) but has all the specs or better than the fancy GoPros.

At a lower price point the one I opted for (still waiting) was the Git2. It gets a whole heap of positive reviews. The main advantage it has over it's rivals is it's image stabilisation - it looks brilliant, really top class. Battery life is very decent compared to it's rivals and picture quality looks excellent. I also really like the fact that the Git team seem to be listening to it's customers (I've come across them in a couple of forums) and improving the camera with each software upgrade. More so than the other manufacturers.
    Has a rear screen and there's the option to plug in an external microphone.
    Another plus is that it's the exact same size as some of the GoPros (3&4 iirc) - same dimensions, same button and port layout. Therefore cases made for the GoPros (there's a lot!) should work fine with it.
    There's a remote control wrist strap for it which some may find handy.
    It will also work well as a dash cam if needed.

All these action cameras have their negatives points and the one negative I've found of this in some reviews (not all) is that it might not be the best camera at night. This may have been improved with the software updates, I'm not sure. The vast majority of my footage will be taken during the day, if you're buying a camera for nighttime footage you may want to look into this further.

Cost me €100 and looks to be plenty of value for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone go deeper than 10m with their camera yet? Got a dive tomorrow and would like to take it down around 15m

Advertisement