Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Allyall wrote: »
    I think that most of the clones are labelled as model SD28 on Aliexpress, but, unfortunately not all of them.

They require a different battery.

Like THIS ONE
    In the Description it says:

and

Whereas the seller I purchased from THIS ONE
    says:

The version I received is the Original SJ4000 Version 1.

I bought from the same seller. Who knows what I have though, it may be an SD28, seeing the firmware that it's running, this may be the case. Ah sure I'll see soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I bought 2 cameras from bang good, hopefully they are ok :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have the SJ1000 and love it, I wonder will 64GB cards work with that.

It's got the same internals as the SJ4000 only it's a lot heavier and different form factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

Mine turned up today after revenue extracted 23euro for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

PCDub wrote: »
    Mine turned up today after revenue extracted 23euro for it.

do you mind me asking who you ordered it from?and what was the total price including shipping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Still waiting here after ordering on 24th of July!
    The seller I bought off was Betty Fu on AliExpress!
    Here's the description,does this mean it is a real one?

photo_zps54e8d069.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The real and the fake one both meet those specs...so very hard to know. You'll only know when you get it.

Mine is a fake. It is called an SD28 I believe. I got my spare battery yesterday and it did not fit. However, with some shoehorning I did manage to get it to fit and work. But it's a bit dodgey seeing that I was amending a battery. But otherwise the camera seems fine, good quality and good footage. My only worry is that the USB port will fall out, or something like that, which would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

crazygeryy wrote: »
    do you mind me asking who you ordered it from?and what was the total price including shipping?

$103 with extra car charger and mount. www.foxoffer.com. Looks to be genuine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

blade1 wrote: »
    The seller I bought off was Betty Fu on AliExpress!
    Here's the description,does this mean it is a real one?

24th of July is relatively early days, unless you used a courier like DHL or EMS etc..
    If not, expect another 2-3 weeks waiting..

That description says launch 2011, so maybe it's the original version.
    Although I didn't think it was out that long ago.

Looking at Betty Fu's store on Aliexpress it seems dead..

Looking for SJ4000 on Aliexpress now, they all say "Original Model".

The real and the fake one both meet those specs...so very hard to know. You'll only know when you get it.

Mine is a fake. It is called an SD28 I believe. I got my spare battery yesterday and it did not fit. However, with some shoehorning I did manage to get it to fit and work. But it's a bit dodgey seeing that I was amending a battery. But otherwise the camera seems fine, good quality and good footage. My only worry is that the USB port will fall out, or something like that, which would be a disaster.

So no mention of SD28 in the description doesn't mean anything?
    It also said 'original sj4000'.

So I could still end up with the SD28?
    Can I claim back my money if I do?

• Advertisement

You got yours from the same seller as I did? That's odd. I will take pics of mine when I get home.
    I was looking at it last night, mine is the Version 1.
    My battery went in, but no 'shoe horning'. I was just not paying attention.

I don't think the SD28 are "Fakes" as such, but that seems to be gathering momentum. My guess is that the build quality is just as good.

You got yours from the same seller as I did? That's odd. I will take pics of mine when I get home.
    I was looking at it last night, mine is the Version 1.
    My battery went in, but no 'shoe horning'. I was just not paying attention.

I don't think the SD28 are "Fakes" as such, but that seems to be gathering momentum. My guess is that the build quality is just as good.

Yup. Same seller. The seller said they made a mistake ordering stock :rolleyes:

They are giving me $50 back so I can't complain really. And the battery is slightly smaller in my camera, so I had to take a file to the SJ4000 battery to make it fit. It's still too snug so I'll have to mess around with it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

They are giving me $50 back so I can't complain really. And the battery is slightly smaller in my camera, so I had to take a file to the SJ4000 battery to make it fit. It's still too snug so I'll have to mess around with it I reckon.

Hey can you PM me the jist of your argument / complaint you put to the seller regarding the camera. Mine will hopefully be arriving this week or next and would open a dispute if the camera isn't what was described (even though as you say it seems to do a good job) . Thanks.

I saw that you are getting $50 back. That seems like a great option.
    Yeah, they must have had 2 suppliers or understock, and ordered from another supplier. That's unusal though, even for a small seller.

I wonder if I could ask the same as you.. :rolleyes: (jk).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Go for Banggood and select the shipping via Dutch post.
    Delivery takes around 10 days. They container ship to Netherlands and reship from there.

Can you avoid customs charges that way? :)

Hey can you PM me the jist of your argument / complaint you put to the seller regarding the camera. Mine will hopefully be arriving this week or next and would open a dispute if the camera isn't what was described (even though as you say it seems to do a good job) . Thanks.

And yeah sure if you'd like. All i did was take two pictures, one of the box and one of the firmware on the camera. Sent them the two images through the dispute process on AliExpress and pointed them to the blog post on foxoffer about the fakes.

blade1 wrote: »
    24th of July is relatively early days, unless you used a courier like DHL or EMS etc..
    If not, expect another 2-3 weeks waiting..

Oops! I meant 24th of June!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

living wrote: »
    Can you avoid customs charges that way? :)

Have placed several orders this way. Faster than usual China post and no charges on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm getting a full refund off Aliexpress. In fairness they sorted it all. Didn't even open a dispute. They resolved it.

Still l waiting for my eBay order though. Ordered a week today. What's annoying is it said 3-6 working days as it was located in London but on further inspection I notived my sellers details are in Chinese. He's good feedback but I'm wondering is my camera on the way from China rather than the UK?

pedatron wrote: »
    I'm getting a full refund off Aliexpress. In fairness they sorted it all. Didn't even open a dispute. They resolved it.

Still l waiting for my eBay order though. Ordered a week today. What's annoying is it said 3-6 working days as it was located in London but on further inspection I notived my sellers details are in Chinese. He's good feedback but I'm wondering is my camera on the way from China rather than the UK?

That's often the case. Tons of sellers on Amazon/Ebay saying that they are in the UK, but shipping from Hong Kong/China.

• Advertisement

Looking at Betty Fu's store on Aliexpress it seems dead..

When I go into Seller information it says Shenzhen Valuelink Technology Co.Ltd.
    Then if I go into contact seller Betty Fu comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Bought one of these from this guy on eBay on the 15th July

Item arrived today with a registered stamp from Sweden. Had to sign for it.

Even though the seller said that item is in Hong Kong???

Firmware is V01, might not upgrade it as from what I've read. You lose 1080p video.

That's often the case. Tons of sellers on Amazon saying that they are in the UK, but shipping from Hong Kong/China.

Feck. They shouldn't be allowed do that. I shouldn've looked more into it as well to be fair but I've never been dusted by eBay before so I took it for granted! I'll be sickened if it doesn't come on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

I received my camera from Tmart today using their US warehouse.
    Ordered last week, it was dispatched this Tuesday and arrived in Ireland the following day. Delivered this morning my An Post, no customs tax. Paid a total of 66.31 Euro.

Now, its a great cam, little overwhelming with all the accessories. The camera itself seems legit but the underwater case looks like the ones in forum pointing out fakes (i.e black screws, thicker side buttons). I emailed Tmart to raise my concern but overall, whats the problem? Are there noticeable differences in terms of picture quality? Is it just the case that is a 'fake'? Overall, very happy with my (YELLOW) camera, off to Thailand for a few dives.

Anyone tell me how to upgrade the FW? Is it beneficial?

kaerobe wrote: »
    I received my camera from Tmart today using their US warehouse.
    Ordered last week, it was dispatched this Tuesday and arrived in Ireland the following day. Delivered this morning my An Post, no customs tax. Paid a total of 66.31 Euro.

Now, its a great cam, little overwhelming with all the accessories. The camera itself seems legit but the underwater case looks like the ones in forum pointing out fakes (i.e black screws, thicker side buttons). I emailed Tmart to raise my concern but overall, whats the problem? Are there noticeable differences in terms of picture quality? Is it just the case that is a 'fake'? Overall, very happy with my (YELLOW) camera, off to Thailand for a few dives.

Anyone tell me how to upgrade the FW? Is it beneficial?

Don't upgrade the firmware. You're just asking for trouble if you're not sure if it really is an SJ4000 anyway. And the image quality of the "fake, fake" is amazing. I can't fault mine. The real tell if it is indeed a fake, is either by going through the firmware and googling the firmware version you have. Or if the box says "water resistabt" then it is a fake.

Mine is a fake, and has the silver screws, so I don't believe that's a good indicator either. But mine seems great, great image quality, battery life is 90+ minutes on a single charge shooting 1080p, and mine cost me $30! If you can, open a dispute with TMart, although I've never ordered from them so not sure if that's possible. But you may get some money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Don't upgrade the firmware. You're just asking for trouble if you're not sure if it really is an SJ4000 anyway. And the image quality of the "fake, fake" is amazing. I can't fault mine. The real tell if it is indeed a fake, is either by going through the firmware and googling the firmware version you have. Or if the box says "water resistabt" then it is a fake.

Mine is a fake, and has the silver screws, so I don't believe that's a good indicator either. But mine seems great, great image quality, battery life is 90+ minutes on a single charge shooting 1080p, and mine cost me $30! If you can, open a dispute with TMart, although I've never ordered from them so not sure if that's possible. But you may get some money back.

Thanks for that.

Packaging is fine, says water resistaNt. All I want is a few wide angle trekking shots and underwater shots, considering most people use 20 euro underwater disposables just for a holiday cam, I am very happy with this.

Googled the firmware ''20140607v01'' - cant find anything to suggest its a fake.

Dammer wrote: »
    Bought one of these from this guy on eBay on the 15th July

Item arrived today with a registered stamp from Sweden. Had to sign for it.

Even though the seller said that item is in Hong Kong???

Firmware is V01, might not upgrade it as from what I've read. You lose 1080p video.

Mine arrived this morning also with Swedish stamps on it. Same guy it appears. Haven't gift a chance to look at it yet. Can't wait for work to be over and I'll play with my toy! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I love the form factor of the SJ4000 genuinely thinking of getting it...

Then again I have no real need... I just want one :pac:

If I was to get one I'd order off TMart because they haven't let me down once in the hundreds of orders I've placed with them! (Touch wood ;))

kaerobe wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Packaging is fine, says water resistaNt. All I want is a few wide angle trekking shots and underwater shots, considering most people use 20 euro underwater disposables just for a holiday cam, I am very happy with this.

Googled the firmware ''20140607v01'' - cant find anything to suggest its a fake.

That's a fake alright. Mine has the same firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Have placed several orders this way. Faster than usual China post and no charges on delivery.

I ordered from bangood doing as you suggest, yesterday, got shipping confirmation this morning! :D Spare battery and new case for my phone also.

Advertisement