Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Has anyone managed to get a refund from Banggood?
    Mine still hasn't arrived, approaching 7 weeks since I ordered two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Can you not always pay in PayPal on all items on aliexpress? Want to buy an accessory and it has every payment but PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ordered from their UK warehouse and arrived in a short amount of time (few days). I'm missing the micro SD that was ment to come with it though so I have sent an email on that to see how I get on.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Etnies wrote: »
    Can you not always pay in PayPal on all items on aliexpress? Want to buy an accessory and it has every payment but PayPal?

No paypal on Aliexpress orders. If you run into issues, you can contact your bank/credit card dept and get them to do a charge back and get your money back. That being said, Aliexpress are good at resolving issues, and will get your money back if you go through their process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Hi, not sure if this has been covered in the thread already, but I'm thinking of ordering this from Banggood, shipped from their UK warehouse for speed and to avoid VAT. But it says that if it's shipped from the EU it doesn't include a charger. Does anyone know what that's about? Would be no use to me without a charger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Uses standard micro USB connection. Same as most non apple devices.

Uses standard micro USB connection. Same as most non apple devices.

Thanks for that. So the UK shipped option doesn't include the external battery charger, but you can charge the battery via usb once it's inside the camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

bajer101 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. So the UK shipped option doesn't include the external battery charger, but you can charge the battery via usb once it's inside the camera?

I've only ever charged mine by connecting USB lead to camera. Never used special battery charger or dock.

I've only ever charged mine by connecting USB lead to camera. Never used special battery charger or dock.

So it boils down to €72 for shipping from China via Netherlands, but it has the external charger with delivery taking anything from 2-5 weeks and a small chance of getting hit for tax. Or €90 to get it shipped from the UK with no external charger, but should get here quicker and no chance of tax. Time to flip a coin!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Be sure to get an extra battery if possible, to future-proof the device for a few years.

Those that got the basic model, how many batteries were included? By some fluke I got 3 batteries, but curious to know if this was "2 batteries as standard, plus a third extra".

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this has been covered in the thread already, but I'm thinking of ordering this from Banggood, shipped from their UK warehouse for speed and to avoid VAT. But it says that if it's shipped from the EU it doesn't include a charger. Does anyone know what that's about? Would be no use to me without a charger!

You can charge it from the camera

mrcheez wrote: »
    Be sure to get an extra battery if possible, to future-proof the device for a few years.

Those that got the basic model, how many batteries were included? By some fluke I got 3 batteries, but curious to know if this was "2 batteries as standard, plus a third extra".

Did noone else actually get their camera?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Did noone else actually get their camera?

The original, non-wifi model came with 1 battery as standard. I bought extras though as they're very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

SJ5000 versions on the way soon in case anyone is thinking of buying the 4000.

Spec says may be capable of 1080 at 60fps and 720 at 120fps.

http://www.sjcam.com/home/29-sjcam-sj5000-plus-ambarella-a7ls75-1080p-60fps-sport-action-camera.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Finally went for one. Off foxoffer. Hopefully will have it b4 dec surf hol... And hope to not get stung by customs

For those that got this camera, this is the next must-have accessory: https://www.airdog.com/

"GoPro ready" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

This records in .mov to use gopro studio you need .mp4

What did you guys use to edit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

LG1234 wrote: »
    This records in .mov to use gopro studio you need .mp4

What did you guys use to edit?
    Actually a decent enough free one is freemake video converter.
    You can snip your vids aswell.

For those that got this camera, this is the next must-have accessory: https://www.airdog.com/

"GoPro ready" ;)

I don't be doin many backflips On bmxs but that is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"GoPro ready" ;)

Can you imagine the ski slopes in Jan/Feb if everyone had one of those...:D

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Can you imagine the ski slopes in Jan/Feb if everyone had one of those...:D

south-park-s18e05c09-unarmed-civilian-drone_16x9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Guess what arrived today... 2 months after ordering!!
    I have to say though for the price you can't go wrong at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

kao123 wrote: »
    Guess what arrived today... 2 months after ordering!!
    I have to say though for the price you can't go wrong at all.

All the cráp that was going on in Hong Kong can be blamed for that. fair play for holding out that long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Finally finally got mine also! This was after about 20 emails back and forward, Me demanding a refund (to my credit card, not much hope I know), and them lying to me making up every excuse under the sun about poor weather, hot weather, extreme customs etc, but largely avoiding answering my question as to if they would refund!

But anyways now that I got it, main annoyance is the 32gb sd card is a dud, I paid 20 quid for that also. Will try get a refund on that if I can, do I have any hope ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Did the guys who waited 2 months for delivery order from foxoffer? I've just put in an order with them but really need the camera before I go abroad on the 10th of January... I guess I'll shoot them an email to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I ordered from fox offer. Delivery was ok tinewise about 2 weeks but stung for 23eur customs

Ordered from fox offer (ebay store) and got it within about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

I haven't read the whole thread so this may have previously been posted, UK site stocking SJ4000 joovuu dot com. I can't post direct URL due to creating new boards account. It has wifi and no wifi options.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

My sj4000 broke off my handlebars as I was cycling home from glasnevin cemetery on finglas road about a month ago. I've lost any hope of recovering it so if i've got the accessories if anyone wants them. Collection at st stephen's green only. Cheers.

• Advertisement

My sj4000 broke off my handlebars as I was cycling home

Crap, how did it happen? Was it hit or are the plastic attachments flimsy?

I have it on the back of my bike so wouldn't be aware of it falling off!

Advertisement