Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

mrcheez wrote: »
    Crap, how did it happen? Was it hit or are the plastic attachments flimsy?

I have it on the back of my bike so wouldn't be aware of it falling off!

I stopped at a traffic light at glasnevin cemetery, looked down and the camera was kinda off angle so I straightened it up and the traffic lights went green and off I cycled all the way down to clearwater tescos before another red light. Stopped. Looked down. No camera. (I'm deaf so wouldn't have heard it fall off). The attachment was still on the handlebar but it had snapped off.

I did cycle back up to glasnevin but it was dark and raining. Difficult to search for it so eventually I had to concede defeat. Bah. Some lucky sod must have thought christmas must have came early when he found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I stopped at a traffic light at glasnevin cemetery, looked down and the camera was kinda off angle so I straightened it up and the traffic lights went green and off I cycled all the way down to clearwater tescos before another red light. Stopped. Looked down. No camera. (I'm deaf so wouldn't have heard it fall off). The attachment was still on the handlebar but it had snapped off.

I did cycle back up to glasnevin but it was dark and raining. Difficult to search for it so eventually I had to concede defeat. Bah. Some lucky sod must have thought christmas must have came early when he found it!

bah humbug.

I might attach a lanyard or something to mine just as a backup in case the plastic snaps (or bike crashes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I ordered Off amazon. Had it within 5 days..

Cost me around 75€ i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Some footage of the Bellagio fountains I took on my SJ4000. Really is a great little camera for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Some underwater stuff I shot with the camera!
    Fantastic little thing to have to throw into the bag on holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 danielhuang

pedatron wrote: »
    cheapest I can see is around €80 on ebay. Anybody come across any cheaper. Want to have it before holidays in two weeks so not from Asia if possible!

more cheapest on ebay? i don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The SJ4000 WI-Fi version is on Banggood for ~ €80 (after code).

There has been some unfavourable reviews about the Banggood version on some sites thinking it was fake, but it turns out that the confusion lay down to the naming of the firmware, the camera itself has been proven to be the original, real version.
    All that said, it's on promotion and delivery takes a week to 10 days (it wii/should take sooner to Ireland). They are delivering from European Warehouse (UK), with warranty (No customs).

SJ4000 Wi-Fi Version €90.53 - use code BGdeal (- €9.05)

€85.30 including shipping.

EDIT - It's worth remembering that the euro price is dependant on the original US$ price and exchange rate. With the rates going crazy at the minute, it may be even cheaper tomorrow/next day. The code is good until next week (I think)

Some samples of this model
    driving - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk7A-QeJNSo
    Compared to Go Pro 3 HD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtbwo2aIis
    Ibiza - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56x9Tgrf24

Updated info about the firmware confusion and the alleged fake models. (Requires Quick Translator or Bing Translator or Chrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Allyall wrote: »

There has been some unfavourable reviews about the Banggood version on some sites thinking it was fake, but it turns out that the confusion lay down to the naming of the firmware, the camera itself has been proven to be the original, real version.
    All that said, it's on promotion and delivery takes a week to 10 days (it wii/should take sooner to Ireland). They are delivering from European Warehouse (UK), with warranty (No customs).

EDIT - It's worth remembering that the euro price is dependant on the original US$ price and exchange rate. With the rates going crazy at the minute, it may be even cheaper tomorrow/next day. The code is good until next week (I think)

Updated info about the firmware confusion and the alleged fake models. (Requires Quick Translator or Bing Translator or Chrome)

Had a quick look at the first 10 pages and couldn't see if anyone has used this on a motorbike. Anyone any experience with one on a motorbike?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

honda boi wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the first 10 pages and couldn't see if anyone has used this on a motorbike. Anyone any experience with one on a motorbike?

I was going to link to the video on metro monkey, but seems to be quite a ew for the wifi model - HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is my one but its a fake.
    Good picture quality though so I assume the real one is better
    http://youtu.be/Qnj8M6S22JY

• Advertisement

I use the standard SJ4000 on my bicycle and it's pretty superb.

I have it attached to the handlebar and vibrations don't seem to be an issue, although it might be different with a motorbike engine in which case there are helmet attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Allyall wrote: »

Is this the real version? Anyone bought it from here? Delivery time? Is it the cheapest place to pick one up? Is it go pro quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

Don't mean to drag up old threads, it's the only Sjcam related thread on boards. How has everyone found their SJCam? I'm tempted to buy the 5000 or 5000+ but would love to hear how everyone is getting on with their 4000's.

Superb lil' camera, be sure to get an extra battery just in case they stop supplying them later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Afterlight wrote: »
    Don't mean to drag up old threads, it's the only Sjcam related thread on boards. How has everyone found their SJCam? I'm tempted to buy the 5000 or 5000+ but would love to hear how everyone is getting on with their 4000's.

there is one called the 5000 that is not made by the the original company so watch for that I have the 4000 and it is pretty good the only negative is the sound quality is not the best and no external mic attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Where can the real authentic SJ4000 be bought nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Ordered 3 in total, one non-wifi and 2 with wifi, out of them 3 I had to send back 2 as they developed problems (not turning on). I sent the non-wifi model back and one of the wifi models. The 3rd one is working fine and is a good piece of kit for the money. Video quality is very good outdoors, not so good indoors. I can compare the same material recoreed with a Galaxy S4, Canon 600d and this little thing and she's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have a 5000+ but haven't had time to test it out properly yet. I'm surprised at how much you get for your money, and the quality of it. I even paid a premium to get it from a UK based Amazon seller, but still say it's a bargain. The app/wifi aspect of it so far has been disappointing, serious lag and disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

ronanc1000 wrote: »

I goy mine from a uk ebay seller so i was covered by eu consumer law

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

I have a 5000+ but haven't had time to test it out properly yet. I'm surprised at how much you get for your money, and the quality of it. I even paid a premium to get it from a UK based Amazon seller, but still say it's a bargain. The app/wifi aspect of it so far has been disappointing, serious lag and disconnects.

Do you remember which seller exactly? I was going to order straight from SJCAM to avoid buying a fake, how much did it come to in total for you? What made you go for the + versus the basic model?

I'm unsure as to which model to go for, I'd be using it for outdoor activities primarily. Bad sound wouldn't be too much of a bother as I'd more than likely be adding music on top.

• Advertisement

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-HD-1080P-SJ4000-Waterproof-Action-Camera-Extra-battery-and-Charger-/121391510004?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c437f71f4

That's the one I went for. Direct from foxoffer and 100% genuine. Arrived in 7 days.

Came with 3 batteries so future-proofed (until i break the camera or something)

You will be stung for customs so factor in an extra €12 or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

banggood is where i got mine from
    Great wee device but tbh i rarely use it so glad i didnt spend much on it

www.sjcam.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Sorry to dig this thread up again, but where's the best (cheapest) place to buy one of these nowadays? I've read through this thread twice and spent ages on AliExpress but there's just so many different sellers. I was looking to get it relatively quickly (next 3 weeks) but even some of the postage options are all over the place e.g. between €20 - €90 for DHL delivery with some sellers :confused:

Do you remember which seller exactly? I was going to order straight from SJCAM to avoid buying a fake, how much did it come to in total for you? What made you go for the + versus the basic model?

I'm unsure as to which model to go for, I'd be using it for outdoor activities primarily. Bad sound wouldn't be too much of a bother as I'd more than likely be adding music on top.

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I bought on Amazon (Unipro Tek) and took a gamble on it being listed as SJCAM knowing Amazon would sort out any claim if it turned out to be fake.

Plus model, and wasn't cheap, I went for this as I figured it was the best available at the time. It was £125...

WiFi isn't much use as there are no really stable apps to act as controller/remote. Might be as well off with the 4000 even with the fake 60fps 1080 mode.

mrcheez wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-HD-1080P-SJ4000-Waterproof-Action-Camera-Extra-battery-and-Charger-/121391510004?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c437f71f4

That's the one I went for. Direct from foxoffer and 100% genuine. Arrived in 7 days.

Came with 3 batteries so future-proofed (until i break the camera or something)

You will be stung for customs so factor in an extra €12 or whatever.
    johnnykilo wrote: »
    Sorry to dig this thread up again, but where's the best (cheapest) place to buy one of these nowadays? I've read through this thread twice and spent ages on AliExpress but there's just so many different sellers. I was looking to get it relatively quickly (next 3 weeks) but even some of the postage options are all over the place e.g. between €20 - €90 for DHL delivery with some sellers :confused:

As above ;)

Not sure if cheapest, but you get guaranteed original and arrives quickly, plus I got 3 batteries. It might be extra tenner more than cheapest (tho some people were waiting several weeks for those)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Would anyone who's following this thread be able to help me with the questions in this thread. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057420801/1/#post95315344

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Where would I get something similar these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How are elephone cameras? As poorly built as their phones?

Advertisement