Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Crying fans are always what make any hammering amazing. Moreso than the goals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Had money on Brazil to qualify.

Have money on on Over 6.5 goals. Tempted to cash out now for profit...

Glad I didn't. Cha-Ching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bo is amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

rovert wrote: »

What a terrible actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »

BO-llocks!
    Seriously though was too funny stacking Brazil get thrashed. Espically when my Brazilian mate stated flipping out on Facebook.

Going to miss America :( packing now and off early tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Conor McGregor
    The Brazilians got buried tonight. On July 19th I bury one more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I kinda wish I was a gambling man. So far I've predicted the right winner for all the knock-out matches for a competition on another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

4zwjt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Germany absolutely destroyed Brazil, that 1st half alone was superior football - Well not if you're Brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Why are you sad should be a lot of cracking looking women there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope that unknown Brazilian murders McGregor tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If it makes you feel better I fly out for orlando on Monday.... Wait no that's no help at all. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well looks like the touts are gonna be laughing all the way to their fully refunded banks with the Brooks refund process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Is there a bigger d*ckhead than that tout that's picking up his Garth Brooks refund after fleecing somebody for well over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure they'll hunt down the person they sold to and give them a full refund, being the honest people they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,408 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some Dublin hotels are giving full refunds, fair play to them

Maybe someone with some tech knowledge can help me, everytime i start the computer, the monitor has some weird screeching sound from it & it keeps goin black, resulting in me having to press the power button on the monitor multiple times hoping it stops going dark long enough for me to access my account on the computer, is it the monitor that needs replacing or what??? Mam thinks it's the computer that needs replacing, i think it's the monitor that's on it's last legs.... SOMEBODY HELP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If there's new weird noise coming from your monitor then it's probably the monitor. Can you get a hold of another monitor or TV? Plug your comp into it (some have a VGA input or HDMI if it's a newer one) and see if the comp works alright?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If there's new weird noise coming from your monitor then it's probably the monitor. Can you get a hold of another monitor or TV? Plug your comp into it (some have a VGA input or HDMI if it's a newer one) and see if the comp works alright?

Can't get a hold of a monitor, I checked to see if the cables were loose anywhere, but they are not, would a computer monitor need replacing after a certain amount of years, because the our whole computer set up is 6 years old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Can't get a hold of a monitor, I checked to see if the cables were loose anywhere, but they are not, would a computer monitor need replacing after a certain amount of years, because the our whole computer set up is 6 years old.

I assume its a VGA monitor and not HDMI; check the pins on one end of the cable connecting the PC and monitor are ok, that one of the pins isnt bent.

VGA is digital however so if the cable isn't bent, im not sure then, its probably the monitor or the connector on the PC as digital cables tend to last a long time.

If its an RGB cable that you use and an RGB connector, also check the pins, but those cables/connectors tend to wear after many years as they are analog.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would a computer monitor need replacing after a certain amount of years, because the our whole computer set up is 6 years old.

Ya of course, you'd kinda hope for 8 years but anything past 5 is doing well. As Tinie mentioned it's worth checking the cables for bent pins. I'd want to make sure what it is before getting it replaced (to not replace needlessly) but what's the make/model of your computer?

Ya of course, you'd kinda hope for 8 years but anything past 5 is doing well. As Tinie mentioned it's worth checking the cables for bent pins. I'd want to make sure what it is before getting it replaced (to not replace needlessly) but what's the make/model of your computer?

Well getting 8 years of use out of computer is good, considering the heavy use it gets on a daily basis... Everything in the back of the monitor & tower is fine, nothing is out of place, and no bent pins... It's a Microsoft XP Home Edition, or so says the sticker on the top of the tower.

That's the operating system. If you have the model type (eg Dell Inspiron 530) I'd have a better idea but if your monitor is screeching it's extremely likely you need a new monitor. The other ideas (checking the cable or computer) is just to be sure it's not something else. You could pick up a cheap 2nd hand one from adverts starting from like €30!

That's the operating system. If you have the model type (eg Dell Inspiron 530) I'd have a better idea but if your monitor is screeching it's extremely likely you need a new monitor. The other ideas (checking the cable or computer) is just to be sure it's not something else. You could pick up a cheap 2nd hand one from adverts starting from like €30!

I honestly wouldn't know what model type the computer is, may just have to pick up a new or 2nd hand monitor the next time i'm in town. Cheers for the advice though, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

underwhelming semi final to say the least.:(

All the energy was used yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Neither side wants to win. The "reward" is having to play Germany :pac:

• Advertisement

If you could even call playing Germany a reward :P

Advertisement