Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

IF TWO MORE GIIIIIGS NEVER COME

I'll just cancel the FIIIIIIVE of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'll probs read this after it was on but Independence Day is the second best film ever. Second Jurassic Park is number 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jurassic park was fecking magnificent.

Don't get me wrong, loved the first one, but the second one had Patrick Stewart in his only good role.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah I enjoyed the second one well enough. I remember bringing it in to show my classmates (I think it was in second class) and the teacher kinda freaked at the point where the compsognathus attack the man and the water runs red with blood :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now I'm confused. Patrick Stewart was in The Lost World? You sure? I don't remember him in it.

And the first Jurassic Park is one of my faves

Perhaps you're thinking of Pete Postlethwaite, who was Roland Tembo the big game hunter?

My mind has been blown but it's apparently a common misconception (AKA make me feel less thick).

Yeah, when you said it first, it didn't click for a while that it wasn't Stuart.

He was in In the Name of the Father but didnae recognise him. Sadly he died in 2011.

• Advertisement

Yeah, cancer :( I think the other thing I remember him from best is James and The Giant Peach, narrator and the guy that gave James the crocodile tongues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Don't get me wrong, loved the first one, but the second one had Patrick Stewart in his only good role.

Jean Luck Picard and Professor Xavier respectfully disagree ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

He was in In the Name of the Father but didnae recognise him. Sadly he died in 2011.

Also, he played Mr Kobaishi(spelling?) in The Usual Suspects.

Oddly I always remember him as the florist gangster in The Town

EdK wrote: »
    Jean Luck Picard and Professor Xavier respectfully disagree ha
    Aye but didnae watch a minute of Star Trek in my life and X-Men is comic book bleh
    Now I feel thick.

Oddly I always remember him as the florist gangster in The Town

Ah he'll always be Guiseppe to me.

This is a very powerful scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Neymar's World Cup is over after fracturing vertebrae vs. Colombia

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Neymar's World Cup is over after fracturing vertebrae vs. Colombia

Ze Germans will fancy their chances big time now.

Awful for Neymar, but wait for the "jokes" about it being bound to happen since he was carrying the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The Thiago Silva loss is 100x worse than Neymar being out. Can only see germany winning.

Ze Germans will be delighted that's for sure.

• Advertisement

I want Brazil to win so they can lose the Final. If that doesn't happen I'd like Argentina to win with Messi scoring their only goals and kicking the mascots in the head pre-Final.

I'm not a fussy man. Either would do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given the refs performance today, wouldn't count out Brazil just yet....

Earth beat the aliens

Brazil are as good as out, Neymar has IMO dragged them this far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brazil are as good as out, Neymar has IMO dragged them this far.

Id be more inclined to say Silva tbh. Has been an absolute rock in defence, and my player of the tournament so far, even ahead of Rodriguez.

New Man United home kit

72DAA420F769498280CF3A894C4536B3.ashx?mw=500

30BD98CD5CC6455D9F3132A07C9D33D3.ashx?mw=500

FC206940C5594FF38BDCD74DC3DBBADA.ashx?mw=500

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looks too much like the kit from 3 year ago with a button and a new logo sponosr.

I dont hate Nike kits, but they arent as good as the umbro kits of old

Some absolute waste of oxygen has launched a court case seeking an injunction against any of the 5 concerts happening,yeah because that's a fantastic idea doing that many people out of a few quid for a days work or putting people from near and far out of pocket on hotels etc, Only in Ireland!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Some absolute waste of oxygen has launched a court case seeking an injunction against any of the 5 concerts happening,yeah because that's a fantastic idea doing that many people out of a few quid for a days work or putting people from near and far out of pocket on hotels etc, Only in Ireland!!!

Ah will this Brooks tribe not end. Hopefully someone some where will just say whats happening and thats it.

Hes not that important or talented to warrant the attention this stuff is getting.

Advertisement