Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Saw lately that as well as Petrol and Diesel, Circle K are selling 'Miles Plus' petrol and diesel. Apparently the benefits include:

- More power and acceleration.
    - Return engine to like new condition.
    - Reduces engine deposit build up.
    - Continues to improve fuel consumption taking you up to 3% further.

It's around 10c dearer per litre, surely this is nonsense!?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys,

I know a few of ye play WW, just to let ye know and anyone else interested in playing our next game is starting on Sunday. And it's a Sherlock themed game. Sign up thread is below if anyone is interested.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057905968

WW is a great fun addictive game so if anyone is looking for a fun way to spend a few hours (each day :P ) now's the time to sign up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What do you guys think of the Alter Bridge/Orchestra live gig album?

Full album on spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4JcPbp6OER74LF82eVfJ89

Thought it was lovely, except that the orchestra was shoved in the back/left instead of being prominent, so their involvement was diminished (it was a gig that happened to have an orchestra). Something I loved about S&M was how front-and-centre the orchestra was, on the DVD you could even unplug certain speakers and just hear them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the Alter Bridge/Orchestra live gig album?

Full album on spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4JcPbp6OER74LF82eVfJ89

Thought it was lovely, except that the orchestra was shoved in the back/left instead of being prominent, so their involvement was diminished (it was a gig that happened to have an orchestra). Something I loved about S&M was how front-and-centre the orchestra was, on the DVD you could even unplug certain speakers and just hear them :)

Better yet, there was an option to mute the band or the orchestra depending on your taste. Perhaps there were different versions of the dvd?

I like it but agree. The orchestra seems pushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Calf burn is a total bastard.

Totally forgot sun cream on my calfs and now they are beetroot In colour.

• Advertisement

ouch man! Did you do the satisfying scratch a big X on them?

Calf burn is a total bastard.

Totally forgot sun cream on my calfs and now they are beetroot In colour.

Aloe vera is your friend here. Even just for the cooling effects

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Incubus were pretty good last night even with leaving a good few old tracks out of the setlist

The Bord Gais is a great venue esp with no phone coverage inside the theatre (don't knw if it's on purpose ??)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Out of the fridge.

Savlon is a good upper/mid carder for sun burn.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I know a few of ye play WW, just to let ye know and anyone else interested in playing our next game is starting on Sunday. And it's a Sherlock themed game. Sign up thread is below if anyone is interested.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057905968

WW is a great fun addictive game so if anyone is looking for a fun way to spend a few hours (each day :P ) now's the time to sign up!

If it makes anyone more inclined to give it a shot people usually involved in these games as well as Loughc are Myself, LTSC, Necro, Beakerjoe, Kolido... there are a few more PW heads too so dont worry too much about the other bozos playing, were harmless.... mostly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And to add to what BH and LouchC said, if anyone needs any help understanding the mechanics of a game, just shoot me a PM.

Its a very rewarding game with a fantastic community of players.

I'd love to join in with WW, but 2 things - I haven't a clue about it, and simply don't have time. Already have 2 little boys.

And baby no 3 is on the way... A little Diva no less (or should that be Superstar now?)

Baby GeraldineBBadd is landing on Tuesday (for sure - planned C Section)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Are you calling her Scarlett or Noelle? Or Cathy maybe? Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think that would be very wrong to do. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Er maybe you’re right actually. Geraldine it is.

Advice taken and it’s a godsend!

Thank you.

Advice taken and it’s a godsend!

Thank you.

Glad it worked for you :)

We keep an aloe plant at home and it's extremely handy. Our one plant has created at least 20 other plants from it over the past 3 years. That stuff grows at a serious rate!

Oh yes Lads
    *Hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to join in with WW, but 2 things - I haven't a clue about it, and simply don't have time. Already have 2 little boys.

And baby no 3 is on the way... A little Diva no less (or should that be Superstar now?)

Baby GeraldineBBadd is landing on Tuesday (for sure - planned C Section)

Congrats

Thanks all, really appreciate the thread title!

Spent last night in hospital with the first born. He went in Thursday with a bad cough. He should have been out yesterday, but there was no doctor to discharge him last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Congrats on incoming child #3 Gerry..

Congratulations mate that's wonderful news!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just on my way to meet Gerry B Badd to wet the baby's head. Or maybe that should be Gerry B Dadd. Or Gerry 3 Dadd as it's the third arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats to gerry and the family

Many thanks to all for the kind words. Baby is a cracker!

And big thanks to Omackeral for the durty curry and pints last night. A pleasure as always dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Congrats gerry

Metallica to play Slane in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Metallica to play Slane in 2019.

yeah deff heading to this but not too happy about going to Slane after all the horror stories ive heard about past shows there. Metallica were amazing last year when i saw them in Glasgow

Might spoil myself and get a VIP grandstand ticket but it will prob cost a fortune. Golden Circle ticket my next option

Not many bands i have left to see on my bucket list but ill keep going if something interests me

• Advertisement

Bought a book about the history of a football club in Cork for €20 + €9 P&P.
    Came today absolutely sopping wet, far from the hardback it was. I don't think I've any other choice but to complain and ask for a refund although I'll feel like a prick even if it's the right thing to do.

Advertisement